Sun n Fun

Started by bvillepig, March 24, 2016, 03:35:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bvillepig

gotyacovered

You are what you tolerate.

bvillepig

Yes   In a round about way.

My wife loves Tampa and it happens to be our anniversary that weekend.  So I asked if she wanted to go to Tampa for our anniversary and she said yes not knowing Sun N Fun is in Lakeland that weekend.  LOL

I hope to ease over to Lakeland for an afternoon.

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on March 30, 2016, 07:08:36 pm
Yes   In a round about way.

My wife loves Tampa and it happens to be our anniversary that weekend.  So I asked if she wanted to go to Tampa for our anniversary and she said yes not knowing Sun N Fun is in Lakeland that weekend.  LOL

I hope to ease over to Lakeland for an afternoon.

ah, that will be fun... take some notes on all the new ads-b gadgets!!! i would offer co-pilot services, but that may be a little weird on anniversary weekend!!!!

have a safe and fun trip.

oh, and congrats on another year.

bvillepig

Non Issue on the co pilot as long as I get her near a pool or beach while I run around.

LOl I am trying to come up with a couple of tickets to Augusta and swing by there.

Thanks for the congrats.

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on April 01, 2016, 06:16:28 pm
Non Issue on the co pilot as long as I get her near a pool or beach while I run around.

LOl I am trying to come up with a couple of tickets to Augusta and swing by there.

Thanks for the congrats.

my sons golf coach has a whole crew there all week... they went down friday, played golf all weekend and are watching practice rounds - so jealous. they took the BE58 i get to frequent the right seat in...

bvillepig

That would be a great trip.

My son and I had tickets to watch a practice round in 2006. I watched weather close for the few days before and knew it was going to be marginal. I got up early the day we were going to leave but just didn't have the experience to make a go no go decision and missed my window of opportunity.

Later that afternoon  a cat 4 tornado developed and left a 30-40 mile path of destruction about 15 miles north of us. It took out The M05 Airport just to the north and all the planes on the field.

I am glad I didn't go because of family left behind but I did have a nice two hour window earlier. I would have been in a little rain for about 15 minutes and then clear sailing.

I will tell you about my second failed Masters opportunity because of weather at another time.

I do hope to go at least once.

GusMcRae

My instructor and his wife the flight reviewer went.  He's been sending me a few pics.  One of his wife and Mark Baker.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?