Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coke Zero 400

Started by ImHogginIt, July 04, 2015, 09:50:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

Glad I just checked starting lineup. My C driver I selected was Ryan Blaney and he won't run because qualifying was rained out.

Racinray

Why are they starting so late?

berryhog

Why the change to Sunday night ?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: berryhog on July 05, 2015, 10:47:26 am
Why the change to Sunday night ?

I don't know but I don't like it.  I've had a long weekend and would have loved to have the race last night or sometime.  Maybe even Friday night if they didn't want to overlap with the 4th of July celebrations.

Now I feel like my weekend is over and I'm going to have to spend my late night watching instead of getting ready to head back to work.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

Quote from: Flying Razorback on July 05, 2015, 11:17:44 am

I don't know but I don't like it.  I've had a long weekend and would have loved to have the race last night or sometime.  Maybe even Friday night if they didn't want to overlap with the 4th of July celebrations.

Now I feel like my weekend is over and I'm going to have to spend my late night watching instead of getting ready to head back to work.

It's like my brain is a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

ricepig

Quote from: Flying Razorback on July 05, 2015, 11:17:44 am

The way the radar looks, you'll probably be watching it on Monday.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ricepig on July 05, 2015, 03:02:25 pm
The way the radar looks, you'll probably be watching it on Monday.

Yep, looks like it.  I'm kind of bummed I had a 4 day weekend and didn't get any race watching in.  Monday races are the worst.  I can't get in to them and they don't fit well in a viewing schedule.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on July 05, 2015, 02:29:55 pm
It's like my brain is a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Normally after the race ends on Sunday, I consider my weekend over.  The rest of the evening is just like an after work evening.  Cook supper, clean up, organize things for the next day, finish off any chores or put away tools and clean up from any weekend projects.  It's just a countdown to bed time and that awful Monday morning alarm at that point.

Buff

It's really really really wet there.  Way to shove a spiked [CENSORED] up the *** of tradition, Brian France.

ricepig

Quote from: Buff on July 05, 2015, 06:45:33 pm
It's really really really wet there.  Way to shove a spiked [CENSORED] up the *** of tradition, Brian France.

Well, to be honest, it was NBC's decision, Golden Rule, you know.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/nascar/os-daytona-coke-zero-400-mike-bianchi-0705-20150704-column.html

Buff

Brian Williams was behind it.  All Brians look the same to me.

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Flying Razorback

I have GOT to quit picking David Gilliland to start...

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Buff

Got a feeling I won't make it to the end of this one

DeWayne R

For once insomnia is working in my favor.

DeWayne R

Dale Jr wins as they tear down  the catch fence at the checkered flag.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DeWayne R on July 06, 2015, 01:51:59 am
Dale Jr wins as they tear down  the catch fence at the checkered flag.

What a wreck and finish. I'm definitely going to the Daytona 500 next February to cross it off my bucket list  ;D

pigture perfect

That was a wicked ending. Glad everyone was safe. Lots of Stars and Bars there. I guess Wal-mart doesn't support NASCAR much.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ImHogginIt

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 06, 2015, 03:15:31 am
That was a wicked ending. Glad everyone was safe. Lots of Stars and Bars there. I guess Wal-mart doesn't support NASCAR much.

Nascar should have shut their yapper on the flag issue. Apparently they are mostly suits now that are totally disconnected from their core fans. Judging by how attendance has fallen off in recent years their core fans are all that are going now.

TheRazorback500

What an ending to a wild weekend. Way to hang, Jr. Good runs for Dillon (Wow!) and Bayne.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Flying Razorback

I left it on on my bedroom tv and fell asleep about 50 laps in.  Woke up during the caution with 10 to go.

Glad Austin Dillon wasn't killed in that catch fence.  Or any fans.  He went from about 150 or 170 to 0 mph instantly.  Insane.

I hope none of those crew members from Dale Jr.'s team get in trouble for sprinting out to the wreckage to see if he was OK.  I think that was just human nature taking over.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Flying Razorback

I don't know if you guys are offended by cussing, but watch Dale Jr's radio feed during and immediately after the wreck.

Props to Jr. for being a genuine guy more worried about a fellow driver than the fact that he just won.  Catches your throat a little to hear the fear in his voice.  A lot of the post race interviews drivers like Jimmie Johnson thought that Dillon had just died.

2:45 is where the wreck starts and where his reaction follows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-w_j0YA96Q

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on July 06, 2015, 08:44:17 pm
I don't know if you guys are offended by cussing, but watch Dale Jr's radio feed during and immediately after the wreck.

Props to Jr. for being a genuine guy more worried about a fellow driver than the fact that he just won.  Catches your throat a little to hear the fear in his voice.  A lot of the post race interviews drivers like Jimmie Johnson thought that Dillon had just died.

2:45 is where the wreck starts and where his reaction follows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-w_j0YA96Q

One of the things I love about NASCAR. Most if not all drivers have a lot of concern for each others safety.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 07, 2015, 01:16:17 am
One of the things I love about NASCAR. Most if not all drivers have a lot of concern for each others safety.

I also loved how he sat there stopped on the track asking about the grandstands and if anyone was hurt up there.  And then when they told him yes he said he wanted to drive by and wave up there and get acknowledgement that everyone was ok before he started celebrating.

I was just impressed all the way around and his immediate reactions really catch you in the throat a little.

Buff

Ryan Newman said Nascar "got exactly what it wanted". When did Ryan Newman turn into such a whiny little brat?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on July 08, 2015, 11:32:02 am
Ryan Newman said Nascar "got exactly what it wanted". When did Ryan Newman turn into such a whiny little brat?

2003 ?