Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Red's 2nd in the Dwyer

Started by HogFanInBryant, July 04, 2015, 08:05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

He is a monster!  I don't want to take anything away from the winner Speightster...but there is no comparing these 2 colts.  Texas Red ran a brilliant race today at a distance and one turn set up that he has no business running well in.  I'm not sure he is ever going to be able to run with our Triple Crown Champ...but he is no doubt the real deal.  Stay tuned!

ghostzapper

Um, I think the horse that beat him is going to be better than Texas Red. 

husker71

^^  just interested in why you think he will be better than Texas Red.  Not disagreeing just wondered why you come to that conclusion. Another guy I really respect when it comes to horseracing was all over Speightser for the last month or so.

cbhawg03

Any conversation about any races yesterday should start and end with Lady Eli. Going 1 1/4 miles in 1:59 and 1 and the way she pulled away.

ghostzapper

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 05, 2015, 11:41:28 am
Any conversation about any races yesterday should start and end with Lady Eli. Going 1 1/4 miles in 1:59 and 1 and the way she pulled away.

She impresses me more than AP.  Beat males by 2 seconds didn't she?

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: ghostzapper on July 05, 2015, 08:28:15 am
Um, I think the horse that beat him is going to be better than Texas Red. 

Big picture.  Texas Red wasn't trying to win.  Just trying to kick the dust off.  Speightster may be nice but don't see him going much further.  Texas Red will be a bear very soon once back in good shape.  Not saying Speightster isn't a nice one but big picture Texas Red is going to be tough at classic distances.

cbhawg03

Quote from: ghostzapper on July 05, 2015, 07:09:15 pm
She impresses me more than AP.  Beat males by 2 seconds didn't she?

Belmont Deby: Force the Pass 2:01.16
Suburban: Effinex 2:01.55
Belmont Oaks: Lady Eli 1:59.27

cbhawg03

Fwiw, AP won KY Derby in 2:03.02

Not saying that AP and Lady Eli should square off, just showing times.  Think that AP would trounce Lady Eli on dirt and Lady Eli would trounce AP on turf.

kingoftherapids

there is no horse in the united states that wants a part of pharoah right now.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on July 06, 2015, 01:18:12 pm

Agreed...thanks for saying what I was thinking! 
When Texas Red and Speightster race again soon in a race with more distance...Texas Red will absolutely destroy him!  Just my 2 cents.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on July 06, 2015, 01:18:12 pm

Lade Eli says hello.  Just messin in all honesty, but there is nobody that wants any part of Lady Eli on turf

kingoftherapids

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 06, 2015, 04:31:34 pm
Lade Eli says hello.  Just messin in all honesty, but there is nobody that wants any part of Lady Eli on turf
I can tell you even if i was a even a male turfer in the US i wouldnt want any part of her. she is a beast

HogFanInBryant

Texas Red might be tough in the Travers if he has a quick pace to run at...not saying he can beat AP...but he is one talented dude.  He won today with a running style he has no business doing (up close to a soft pace).  We'll see!  Stay tuned!