Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

At the Deutsche Bank....

Started by Iwastherein1969, September 05, 2016, 10:53:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

a sleeping giant just awoke....shot 65 in the afternoon winds and made up 6 shots and won by two...look out world of golf, the best player on the planet is finding his game
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Pulled(PP)pork

September 06, 2016, 06:39:14 am #1 Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:11:15 am by Pulled(PP)pork
Is that pronounced Doosh Bank?

PP

ricepig

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 05, 2016, 10:53:08 pm
a sleeping giant just awoke....shot 65 in the afternoon winds and made up 6 shots and won by two...look out world of golf, the best player on the planet is finding his game

They teed off early in the morning due to the weather, but still was windy.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on September 06, 2016, 07:10:18 am

He was only a couple holes ahead of the leaders so he played in the wind as well.  Rory is fun to watch. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EastexHawg

If he putts well he wins or contends.  It's pretty much that simple with Rory.  I'm not convinced about his putting long term, but he is streaky and he could get on a roll and run the table if he is able to keep it going for a while.  McIlroy doesn't have to putt great, he just has to putt like an average PGA Tour pro.

Glad to see him win.  Golf needs him to get back to or near the top.

MS_HogFan

I want to see McIlroy and Day in the final group this week.
SOOIE

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 06, 2016, 08:58:26 am
If he putts well he wins or contends.  It's pretty much that simple with Rory.

That about sums it up.  It's like the announcers said yesterday, this is the one guy who can run off and hide from the other golfers.  I will say this about Rory, of the 3 with the other two being Day and Speight, he's the one most likely to pout and sulk when things aren't going his way but he is one front running sob when they are.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 06, 2016, 07:54:06 am
He was only a couple holes ahead of the leaders so he played in the wind as well.  Rory is fun to watch. 

I'm just saying they teed off early, I clicked on the tour website around 10:30 when I got back home and he was on 14 or 15. I turned on the Golf Channel and the leaders were an hour+ from teeing off, haha.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on September 06, 2016, 09:58:38 am
I'm just saying they teed off early, I clicked on the tour website around 10:30 when I got back home and he was on 14 or 15. I turned on the Golf Channel and the leaders were an hour+ from teeing off, haha.

I was in the same boat.  I was watching it yesterday afternoon thinking I was watching it live and Rory was on 15 or 16 with a 2 stroke lead.  I had the computer on and clicked on the ESPN webpage and saw where he'd already won it!  Rory made a helluva jump in the FedEx standings.  Went from the mid 30's to 4. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ricepig on September 06, 2016, 07:10:18 am
I didn't watch that much of it, but I heard Johnny Miller say several times that Rory's 65 was different than Adam Scott's because of the wind....now you can argue with Mr. Oakmont '73 if you choose and considering your propensity to debate a stop sign, one can safely conclude that you would engage Miller.

majestic

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 05, 2016, 10:53:08 pm
Damn, how's your throat today?
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Iwastherein1969

EastexHawg

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 08, 2016, 06:00:30 am
You did not just go there!

The Chosen One has announced that he plans to play next month so look for the barbs thrown around on the board to become even sharper and more frequent.

majestic

Still smells better than your breath.

majestic

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 10, 2016, 12:47:21 pm
I yawn in your general direction.
My post was aimed at the anus afficionado.  The quote timed out on the plane.