Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PGA Championship Thread

Started by EastexHawg, July 25, 2016, 03:18:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

68 wasn't the low round I was talking about for Phil.  He's still not making anything to speak of on the greens.  He knows he needs to go really low tomorrow and will go for everything.  He'll shoot either 63 or 76.

We call Bubba Blubber.  Not a fan...

Jackrabbit Hog

The one day I have nothing going on and I can sit back and enjoy an afternoon of major championship golf and.......crap.  Weather delay that they expect to last a long time, possibly the rest of the day.     Sucks for me.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dr. Starcs

Feel the same way Jack.

Will they play 36 tomorrow?

PonderinHog

Yeah, I went outside and came in and thought, "Where'd that ocean come from?"

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 30, 2016, 02:13:12 pm
Yeah, I went outside and came in and thought, "Where'd that ocean come from?"

I blame panhandlepig. 

Doc, they're saying they will play some more today and try to get everybody on the course at least.  The problem is that the forecast for that area is worse for tomorrow.  Like a 70% chance of thunderstorms all day. 

Hope Monday works for you guys.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 30, 2016, 02:45:56 pm
I blame panhandlepig. 

Doc, they're saying they will play some more today and try to get everybody on the course at least.  The problem is that the forecast for that area is worse for tomorrow.  Like a 70% chance of thunderstorms all day. 

Hope Monday works for you guys.

Works great for me, or Tuesday....

Jackrabbit Hog

The PGA bigwigs are catching all kinds of flak for their handling of the weather issues.  They've created some bizarre scenarios that could happen, such as somebody currently in the top 10 (Harrington, Kisner, etc.) finishing their final round tomorrow, going low, and then waiting until Tuesday afternoon (yes, you read that correctly) to find out if they won.  There's a very real chance some guys could finish tomorrow while those final few groups won't even start their final rounds until Tuesday (80% chance of storms on Monday). 

I hate when weather screws up a major, except the British because that's always part of what you want over there.  But this one is just going to be a mess.

PonderinHog

Are they gonna get this thing in today or not?

ricepig

PonderinHog

Jackrabbit Hog

Gonna be a great finish.  Walker by one over Day and two over Stenson with most of the back 9 to go.

PonderinHog

Too late, Jason, but what a shot!  And Walker immediately answers.

Boarcephus

Helluva 2 iron wasn't it??   Unless Walker pulls a Rory on 18, this should be his to take home. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PonderinHog

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

Did Dash just flip us off?  ;)

ricepig

PonderinHog

hoglady

Day sure made it interesting!!

That was just a really nice 18th green celebration with Walker, his caddy, his family and just great sportsmanship by Day, Fowler and Spieth.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dr. Starcs

Fowler seems like a great guy. Wanna see him win one.

I like Day, but found myself going for Jimmy today. Happy for him. (Plus my wife is in love with Day). Lol

hoglady

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 31, 2016, 06:39:42 pm
Fowler seems like a great guy. Wanna see him win one.

I like Day, but found myself going for Jimmy today. Happy for him. (Plus my wife is in love with Day). Lol

I'm right there with your wife. Ha!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Dr. Starcs

Hoglady, I feel you and I are a kindred spirit. Crap, maybe you are my wife! Lol
And to top it off, he's got that Australian accent and 33+ million in the bank.

hoglady

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 31, 2016, 07:02:01 pm
Hoglady, I feel you and I are a kindred spirit. Crap, maybe you are my wife! Lol
And to top it off, he's got that Australian accent and 33+ million in the bank.

We do agree quite often on things.
I love Day and he's my favorite, but it would have been a crushing defeat for Walker.
I'm really liking golf right now - the game seems to have some great guys.
That was a very touching story about Walker and his caddy. Shows what kind of guy Walker is, too.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hoglady on July 31, 2016, 07:09:18 pm
We do agree quite often on things.
I love Day and he's my favorite, but it would have been a crushing defeat for Walker.
I'm really liking golf right now - the game seems to have some great guys.
That was a very touching story about Walker and his caddy. Shows what kind of guy Walker is, too.

Below is from an article about Walker and his caddy.  It is interesting that they met for the first time at Baltusrol.  Walker winning yesterday at Baltusrol brought it all around to full circle.

"When Jimmy Walker and Andy Sanders met for the first time at Baltusrol in 2000, there was little debate over which Texas collegian was the better bet to someday win a major championship. Sanders was a two-time All-American and individual conference champion at Houston, and Walker was something less than that at Baylor.

They had come to New Jersey for the U.S. Amateur and had stumbled into each other around the 10th tee on the Upper Course. Sanders remembered thinking that Walker could hit it a mile. Walker remembered thinking, "Wow, that's Andy Sanders. He's from Houston. He's really good."

Sanders was good enough to outplay Graeme McDowell of Alabama-Birmingham in Conference USA. He was good enough to dream of doing exactly what his friend, Walker, did Sunday on the Lower Course at Baltusrol -- finish a surreal 36-hole day with enough patience, power and precision to seize his first major title at age 37.

But four years after meeting Walker, right smack in the middle of a Nationwide Tour career that seemed destined to lead him to the big leagues, Sanders woke up one morning unable to see out of his right eye. He missed the cut in Fort Smith, Arkansas, saw an ophthalmologist, and 15 minutes later heard a diagnosis that buckled his knees.

Multiple sclerosis. A potentially debilitating disease of the central nervous system.

"It was something I wasn't ready to handle," Sanders said. "When you're a professional golfer, you feel pretty invincible. You feel like you can do anything you want, so I didn't want to deal with it."

http://espn.go.com/golf/pgachampionship16/story/_/id/17180177/jimmy-walker-caddie-lives-major-victory-friend-eyes

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 01, 2016, 04:50:53 pm
Below is from an article about Walker and his caddy.  It is interesting that they met for the first time at Baltusrol.  Walker winning yesterday at Baltusrol brought it all around to full circle.

"When Jimmy Walker and Andy Sanders met for the first time at Baltusrol in 2000, there was little debate over which Texas collegian was the better bet to someday win a major championship. Sanders was a two-time All-American and individual conference champion at Houston, and Walker was something less than that at Baylor.

They had come to New Jersey for the U.S. Amateur and had stumbled into each other around the 10th tee on the Upper Course. Sanders remembered thinking that Walker could hit it a mile. Walker remembered thinking, "Wow, that's Andy Sanders. He's from Houston. He's really good."

Sanders was good enough to outplay Graeme McDowell of Alabama-Birmingham in Conference USA. He was good enough to dream of doing exactly what his friend, Walker, did Sunday on the Lower Course at Baltusrol -- finish a surreal 36-hole day with enough patience, power and precision to seize his first major title at age 37.

But four years after meeting Walker, right smack in the middle of a Nationwide Tour career that seemed destined to lead him to the big leagues, Sanders woke up one morning unable to see out of his right eye. He missed the cut in Fort Smith, Arkansas, saw an ophthalmologist, and 15 minutes later heard a diagnosis that buckled his knees.

Multiple sclerosis. A potentially debilitating disease of the central nervous system.

"It was something I wasn't ready to handle," Sanders said. "When you're a professional golfer, you feel pretty invincible. You feel like you can do anything you want, so I didn't want to deal with it."

http://espn.go.com/golf/pgachampionship16/story/_/id/17180177/jimmy-walker-caddie-lives-major-victory-friend-eyes
a post I actually enjoyed......I'm upping my meds when I get home

PP