Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drew Morgan is way tougher than...

Started by ldfergu, November 22, 2015, 11:17:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

anyone on this board. Time after time he landed on that shoulder and came up slow. And time after time he made clutch catch after clutch catch. He's a badarse and played a hell of a game last night

rusvegashog

Surely he'll sit out vs. Mizzou. He's supplanted Bua and Madre as my all time favorite Hog. With all the Monk talk this week and building the fence and taking care of our own if #80 ever has to pay for a meal or a drink in this state again then something's went horribly wrong. Of course I say all this in fun and jest, but not really. Regardless of tonights outcome we can learn a lot about resolve from this team. Very very proud of the Razorbacks. WPS!!

Wisco Pig

Man, I'm glad you started this thread.    The kid played his guts out.    Tough as hell.

alohawg

He's everything you want in a player and more, tough as they come.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

OLDHOG

They say he is too small to play, they say he is too slow to play, they say he is from a small town program and cant play on this level. THEY WERE ALL WRONG!  It's called heart, Ya'll. 

hogfanmd

Agree.  Several kids on this team with heart and toughness.   

Hogimus Prime

He's like John Wayne/Steve McQueen tough.

Ironhawg

Drew Morgan has become one of my favorite Hogs.  He is tough and plays with a chip on his shoulder.  I do wonder about the shoulder injury.  The announcers last night said he has had it since high school.  Is it something that surgery could fix?

Hogsolo

Great football player.  He's Brandon's Wes Welker/Julian Edleman.   I agree he should be set for life in Arkansas.

sickboy

Quote from: IAMHogholio on November 22, 2015, 12:17:34 pm
Great football player.  He's Brandon's Wes Welker/Julian Edleman.   I agree he should be set for life in Arkansas.

Unfortunately, Wes Welker Might be a vegetable by the time he's finished with the number of concussions he's had. You have to know when to hang it up too. Having said that -- Drew Morgan has that WWII hero vibe. He's the guy who storms the beach head on and carries his team on his back.

longtimeHogfan

Is Drew facing off-season shoulder surgery to fix a lingering problem?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hoggish1

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 22, 2015, 11:17:33 am
anyone on this board. Time after time he landed on that shoulder and came up slow. And time after time he made clutch catch after clutch catch. He's a badarse and played a hell of a game last night

true

PossumFan

Tougher than stewed skunk.

But not just that ... also good route runner, terrific hands, good moves, decent speed, spot-on instincts. Pretty doggone complete receiver IMO.

wholehog92

He's a hell of a football player is what he is.  He isn't a freakish athlete (considering the competition) but he is freakishly tough and fearless and focused.  Glad to have him on our side.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PossumFan on November 23, 2015, 11:19:26 am

But not just that ... also good route runner, terrific hands, good moves, decent speed, spot-on instincts. Pretty doggone complete receiver IMO.

Lol.  I loved that line. Coming from a possum fan, it's even better!

tophawg19

i have had both shoulders dislocated . you can't believe the pain he's playing through . the fact that he's reaching up for the ball amazes me . especially knowing it can pop out at anytime . yes surgery can fix it.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawgmasta

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

wholehog92

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 23, 2015, 03:27:25 pm
the illegitimate son of Bill Brasky and Chuck Norris

They named him Sue for good measure.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 23, 2015, 03:04:39 pm
i have had both shoulders dislocated . you can't believe the pain he's playing through . the fact that he's reaching up for the ball amazes me . especially knowing it can pop out at anytime . yes surgery can fix it.

Yeah, I cannot comprehend how a guy can play receiver with that injury.  He shouldn't be able to do what he is doing.

Sheer will and toughness.

And like others have said, the kid also has skills.  His route running and hands are on an elite level.  He just has a knack for getting open and then he has a juke and a burst after the catch that not everyone has.

JackSalmon

November 23, 2015, 03:59:40 pm #21 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:26:35 am by JackSalmon
.... ..... a $2 steak.

ChattanoogaHog

Last year and before this year started, my roommates and I mockingly referred to Drew Morgan as the YAC King because it seemed that every time he caught a pass he was immediately tackled. We were eating some crow as he became our best WR earlier this season and we have definitely changed our tune and seriously enjoy watching this dude compete every Saturday, regardless of his injuries. We don't joke when we call him the YAC King now! (especially after Auburn/Ole Miss)

hog.goblin

He's the man, for sure.  Kept thinking he had to keep going back to the sideline for pain meds.

He's like our own version of a white Wes Welker.

Dirty

Quote from: PossumFan on November 23, 2015, 11:19:26 am

That's tough!  Almost as tough as a Russian bull with a red ass.

Sue E NoNutts

Quote from: ChattanoogaHog on November 23, 2015, 09:01:14 pm
Last year and before this year started, my roommates and I mockingly referred to Drew Morgan as the YAC King because it seemed that every time he caught a pass he was immediately tackled. We were eating some crow as he became our best WR earlier this season and we have definitely changed our tune and seriously enjoy watching this dude compete every Saturday, regardless of his injuries. We don't joke when we call him the YAC King now! (especially after Auburn/Ole Miss)

As long as you didn't write him an email that said "Dear Mr. YAC King..."
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

RazorWild

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 23, 2015, 09:29:00 am

I've been wondering this myself.  I don't recall BB mentioning anything about it, but seeing the issues he's having each game, I think it's inevitable.  When you have repeated shoulder dislocations, it generally requires a Bankart repair.  We do them frequently and can be done with a scope.  I just work in surgery so don't get to see recovery.  I've been told by surgeons recovery can be as quick as 3 months to as long as a year.

I would think he has the drive and resources around him to rehab and heal quickly if he decides to do it.  Would love to see this kid 100%

ChromDome35

Drew Morgan is a stud.

Chuck Norris calls Drew Morgan for advice on how to be a man

He has become my all time favorite Razorback after this season.  Without him stepping up we wouldn't have had this late revival.

atekido

Quote from: sickboy on November 22, 2015, 01:14:52 pm
Unfortunately, Wes Welker Might be a vegetable by the time he's finished with the number of concussions he's had. You have to know when to hang it up too. Having said that -- Drew Morgan has that WWII hero vibe. He's the guy who storms the beach head on and carries his team on his back.

Curb the enthusiasm, he is tough but he does not compare to any veteran past or present.  He is going to wind up causing damage that cannot be repaired if he doesn't sit.  if he has had this problem since Highschool why hasn't anything been done about it or is the issue already at the point of nothing can be done about it?  Just seems like if it can heal sit him and let it heal.  He will not touch an NFL field if he stays injured like that and isn't able to heal from it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: atekido on November 24, 2015, 08:04:15 am
Curb the enthusiasm, he is tough but he does not compare to any veteran past or present.  He is going to wind up causing damage that cannot be repaired if he doesn't sit.  if he has had this problem since Highschool why hasn't anything been done about it or is the issue already at the point of nothing can be done about it?  Just seems like if it can heal sit him and let it heal.  He will not touch an NFL field if he stays injured like that and isn't able to heal from it.

They wouldn't let him keep playing through it if it was going to cause irreparable damage.

WaltonCollege

drew Morgan and reed are my favorite players on offense this year. Morgan is a complete animal

hview

Morgan is everything you guys have stated, but he's also a great leader on the field.

texas tush hog

November 24, 2015, 09:28:45 am #32 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:01:14 am by texas tush hog
Quote from: rusvegashog on November 22, 2015, 11:50:43 am
Surely he'll sit out vs. Mizzou. He's supplanted Bua and Madre as my all time favorite Hog. With all the Monk talk this week and building the fence and taking care of our own if #80 ever has to pay for a meal or a drink in this state again then something's went horribly wrong. Of course I say all this in fun and jest, but not really. Regardless of tonights outcome we can learn a lot about resolve from this team. Very very proud of the Razorbacks. WPS!!

No Monk should ever be mentioned in the same breath with Drew Morgan or for that matter any other true Arkansan. Marcus should be treated as a leper in the state. Malik was just unduly influenced by big brother, much like K.J. Hill was by his stepfather, Montez Peterson.

ARtillahog

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 23, 2015, 09:29:00 am

If it is the usual "fall" injury of a shoulder (labrum tear), then yes, he will need surgery.  It is pretty common.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Lest ye nare forget the origins of Drew's tough loin.  That would be Greenwood, Arkansas.  I remember another really tough Razorback that came from Greenwood High School.  And there is a full load of them at Greenwood continuously.  Coach Rick Jones doesn't have them any other way.

I, as many, have watched Greenwood play live on multiple occasions during the Rick Jones era.  They are on another level, mentally and physically. 

If I am a college coach any where on any level, my recruiting list starts with Rick Jones' players.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 22, 2015, 11:17:33 am
anyone on this board.

Yeah... Well... I think I recall that there are at least a few combat vets on this board. They are pretty tough.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 24, 2015, 10:08:39 am
Lest ye nare forget the origins of Drew's tough loin.  That would be Greenwood, Arkansas.  I remember another really tough Razorback that came from Greenwood High School.  And there is a full load of them at Greenwood continuously.  Coach Rick Jones doesn't have them any other way.

I, as many, have watched Greenwood play live on multiple occasions during the Rick Jones era.  They are on another level, mentally and physically. 

If I am a college coach any where on any level, my recruiting list starts with Rick Jones' players.

Problem with that is there isn't really a large pool of players with the measurables to play in the SEC.  While they may be great kids with a great coach, you can't coach SEC size/speed into a player that doesn't have it. If your list started in greenwood, you'd be terrible every year.

BigBrandonAllenFan

November 24, 2015, 05:15:22 pm #37 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:33:56 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan
Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2015, 11:09:42 am
Problem with that is there isn't really a large pool of players with the measurables to play in the SEC.  While they may be great kids with a great coach, you can't coach SEC size/speed into a player that doesn't have it. If your list started in greenwood, you'd be terrible every year.

You somewhat misinterpreted.  I said, "Any coach on any level".  Meaning if I were a FCS, Division III, ect... coach, I'd take a hard look at the Greenwood players every year.

We all know playing FBS ball is a rarity for most of the high school kids.  I was talking, Rick Jones teaches fundamentals better than any coach in the Arkansas high school ranks, and for a small town in Arkansas, you'll not find a selection of kids that were coached up like Jone's kids anywhere else..  You don't play for state championships year in and year out just because you're from Greenwood.  It has everything to do with the way they are coached...

I'll take the disciplined 2 star over the added athleticism of a 3 star all day long.

By the way, I'm from no where near Greenwood.

Granny fan

His little (big) brother is a beast.  Arkansas should seriously take a look.

PorkSoda

Is there anywhere to find YAC (yards after contact/catch) stats for our team?

I would venture to guess that a high percentage of our offense is YACs  especially for Morgan and Collins
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Jonbo

Quote from: OLDHOG on November 22, 2015, 12:09:26 pm
They say he is too small to play, they say he is too slow to play, they say he is from a small town program and cant play on this level. THEY WERE ALL WRONG!  It's called heart, Ya'll.
He's a prototypical example of the difference "heart" makes. He sucks, basically, on an SEC level, in athletic measurements, I would think, yet he's really good. Well, he's a little inadequate, athletically, but that's in most of the traditional measurements (a little slow, a little short, not too much vert), and pretty even, probably, all the way across. (Don't judge me, bros, I'm into the muscadine). I imagine, if there were a "coordination" measure, he'd figure pretty highly. But he gets darned open enough, grabs the darned ball, and hauls butt with it. His concentration on what he needs to be doing, and his fearlessness, are superb.

But Morgan, REMEMBER, was yet another of our WRs who was slow, dumb, weak of muscle, and joined a group of assorted WR misfits.  I mean we couldn't find a one on the team who could catch a pass, get separation, run a route, etc...  We only allowed Hatcher to play because he was the better of a very bad overall group.  Now don't act like you don't know what I'm saying because many of you do know.  WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY WIDE RECEIVERS.  Hatcher becomes good so we got one that can play a little.  Hatcher gets hurt and damn, this superb coaching group takes a pitiful Morgan and turns him into what all you Guys are describing in this thread.  And then there's Reed.  Can't learn even one play.  Can't run routes.  Dumb Freshman.  But that same superb coaching staff done turned him into dynamite.  Done taught him to return kickoffs, run around end for huge gains, get open in the downfield.  Hell he may play in the band next week he is so good.  Funny how these Kids no nothing and then in one week they learn it all, just boom.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on November 24, 2015, 07:48:30 pm
But Morgan, REMEMBER, was yet another of our WRs who was slow, dumb, weak of muscle, and joined a group of assorted WR misfits.  I mean we couldn't find a one on the team who could catch a pass, get separation, run a route, etc...  We only allowed Hatcher to play because he was the better of a very bad overall group.  Now don't act like you don't know what I'm saying because many of you do know.  WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY WIDE RECEIVERS.  Hatcher becomes good so we got one that can play a little.  Hatcher gets hurt and damn, this superb coaching group takes a pitiful Morgan and turns him into what all you Guys are describing in this thread.  And then there's Reed.  Can't learn even one play.  Can't run routes.  Dumb Freshman.  But that same superb coaching staff done turned him into dynamite.  Done taught him to return kickoffs, run around end for huge gains, get open in the downfield.  Hell he may play in the band next week he is so good.  Funny how these Kids no nothing and then in one week they learn it all, just boom.

Yeah, isn't it great when the light finally comes on?

Dropkick

yraciv

I'm noticing a trend in these Greenwood Hogs. Kudos to Rick Jones!