Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to bring him home

Started by TebowHater, December 16, 2017, 02:59:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

No, not Gus. Brian Early.

https://twitter.com/brianearly2/status/941855127572541442

I have posted ad nauseum about the resume Brian Early has put together at AState. Here is the latest feather in his cap. DL he's coached for 4 years is about to break the all time FBS sack record.

TebowHater

It's not just one player. His non-starters are earning all conference honors.
https://twitter.com/brianearly2/status/938588528635674626

From a previous thread:
Quote from: TebowHater on November 10, 2017, 06:57:45 pm
His resume at the time (thru 2016) is below. Was just named a semi-finalist for the Broyles Award for 2017 ...

https://twitter.com/AStateFB/status/928670510245908480

Not to mention he's an Arkansan and would have been excited to be here regardless of pay. Instead we hire someone who cannot generate a pass rush against 4F and a SO on an FCS OLine. WoooPig Bielema and his wonderful assistant coaches hires.

Resume at the time:
https://twitter.com/CoachJoeCauthen/status/807051013391863810

https://twitter.com/ArkStateD/status/805789592796459010
Did you know?  Arkansas State Defense is #1 in the Sun Belt in averaging 3.08 Sacks and 9.2 Tackles For Loss per game!  #StoneColdD

https://twitter.com/Kara_Richey/status/805476100310794245
#AState finished the year with 110 TFLs, or 9.2 per game. Only Michigan (9.6) had a higher per game average.

https://twitter.com/BrianEarly2/status/803288384793878528
There's only one school in the country with two DL's on the Hendrick's Award Watch List. #stAte

Smalltownhog95

Seems like a solid hire but im sure somehow someway it would add fuel to A-State wanting to start a rivalry with us so...
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

ricepig

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on December 16, 2017, 03:09:14 pm
Seems like a solid hire but im sure somehow someway it would add fuel to A-State wanting to start a rivalry with us so...

Lol, no more so than when Petrino hired Caldwell off their staff.

oldhawg

I've been against Arkansas vs A. State for years, but maybe its time has come.  If A. State would agree to play in Fayetteville (largest stadium), at least it probably would be a sell out, profitable to both teams.

TebowHater

I am fine not playing A State. Not good for the program in any way I can see.

That said, bringing an insanely successful former Fayetteville high coach, Razorback quality control coach, and father of Dre Greenlaw back to Fayetteville seems about as minor of a confrontation we can have.

This guy is just such a film junky it's insane. He knows every possible way to exploit the other team and get the most out of his guys. Terrific motivator too. In the other thread I reference above people who know him give lots more examples of this. He is a total star and could be had for cheap.

Hawginj

Yes completely agree he needs to be on this staff

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: oldhawg on December 16, 2017, 03:14:36 pm
I've been against Arkansas vs A. State for years, but maybe its time has come.  If A. State would agree to play in Fayetteville (largest stadium), at least it probably would be a sell out, profitable to both teams.

Naw, that game was made for WMS and might heal some of the damage done by Long, while keeping SEC games in RRS.
Go Hogs Go!

oldhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 16, 2017, 03:18:52 pm
Naw, that game was made for WMS and might heal some of the damage done by Long, while keeping SEC games in RRS.

I can accept that logic.  Sometimes its more than money.

HogCzar1

One of these days everyone clamoring for this game is finally going to get their wish. And, when they do, you will see why it isn't in the best interest of the U of A. By then, it will be too late. As an example, I know a major booster to the U of A in NE Arkansas. That booster due to business interests will start donating half his UA money to ASU. There are a number of others who will do the same. That booster is a 5 figure donor to the U of A yearly. While one donor won't hurt, the pattern will have started. And, after a period of time, there will be major erosion into UA financial giving from the Eastern and northern part of the state.

It will be a boon to ASU. And, it will happen because a number of Razorback fans think it will be cool. And, then, people will eventually get what they hope for. That is, a rivalry not with LSU, Missouri, or even Ole Miss. But the entire season will rest on whether or not the Razorbacks can beat ASU. By that time, there will be no worries as to whether or not we can aspire to compete at a higher level within the SEC.

Snout team

Would you bring him in as DL coach?  If not, where does he fit in the staff in your opinion?
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

sw403

That was one BIG load of crap hogczar!  Everyone wants a true rival and they would be one.  Why are so many afraid to play someone from the sunbelt?  I just don't get it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 16, 2017, 03:32:29 pm
One of these days everyone clamoring for this game is finally going to get their wish. And, when they do, you will see why it isn't in the best interest of the U of A. By then, it will be too late. As an example, I know a major booster to the U of A in NE Arkansas. That booster due to business interests will start donating half his UA money to ASU. There are a number of others who will do the same. That booster is a 5 figure donor to the U of A yearly. While one donor won't hurt, the pattern will have started. And, after a period of time, there will be major erosion into UA financial giving from the Eastern and northern part of the state.

It will be a boon to ASU. And, it will happen because a number of Razorback fans think it will be cool. And, then, people will eventually get what they hope for. That is, a rivalry not with LSU, Missouri, or even Ole Miss. But the entire season will rest on whether or not the Razorbacks can beat ASU. By that time, there will be no worries as to whether or not we can aspire to compete at a higher level within the SEC.

I'm not really for the game between Arkansas and Arkansas State. I don't think that it is needed. But if it does eventually happen, my point was that it was made to be played at WMS and then by doing so, it might relieve the pressure to have a "quality" game at WMS for the Arkansas fans that reside east of western Arkansas.
Go Hogs Go!

factchecker

Early was a Razorback coach long before he went over to jonesboro college.

He was a grad assistant under Bielema and was a coach at Fayetteville High.

He is also Greenlaw's adoptive father.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

WaltonCollege

If CCM hires Brian in any capacity it will be a win for Razorback football. Dude can coach and recruit.

HawgTide

Quote from: TebowHater on December 16, 2017, 03:18:01 pm

That said, bringing an insanely successful former Fayetteville high coach, Razorback quality control coach, and father of Dre Greenlaw back to Fayetteville seems about as minor of a confrontation we can have.

This guy is just such a film junky it’s insane. He knows every possible way to exploit the other team and get the most out of his guys. Terrific motivator too. In the other thread I reference above people who know him give lots more examples of this. He is a total star and could be had for cheap.

Do it

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sw403 on December 16, 2017, 03:41:07 pm
That was one BIG load of crap hogczar!  Everyone wants a true rival and they would be one.  Why are so many afraid to play someone from the sunbelt?  I just don't get it.
No one wants to split state loyalties... Right now everyone can be a razorback AND a red wolf to a certain extent. It's beyond stupid. It's suicide...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Snout team

I've been a hog fan all my life.  I have never thought it was a good deal to play them.  ASU fans get on my nerves because the only time we hear from them is when we suck.

However, if it fixes the LR game issue  without sacrificing the revenue for home SEC games I say bring it on.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Athog

Quote from: oldhawg on December 16, 2017, 03:14:36 pm

Not me! Schedule a team that will enhance our visibility in a needed area!
Why schedule Astate? Why are Razorback fans hollering for this game??

Roy Bacon

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 16, 2017, 05:07:17 pm
I've been a hog fan all my life.  I have never thought it was a good deal to play them.  ASU fans get on my nerves because the only time we hear from them is when we suck.

However, if it fixes the LR game issue  without sacrificing the revenue for home SEC games I say bring it on.

the Ole Miss game next year fixes the LR issue and that ( to me ) is a real rival . 
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

Inhogswetrust

Bull chips of the biggest size. NO team in the Sun Belt conference will be a rival for the Hogs.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogCzar1

You don't want to get it. And that's fine. It's not about being afraid to play. And you know it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TebowHater on December 16, 2017, 02:59:55 pm
No, not Gus. Brian Early.

https://twitter.com/brianearly2/status/941855127572541442

I have posted ad nauseum about the resume Brian Early has put together at AState. Here is the latest feather in his cap. DL he's coached for 4 years is about to break the all time FBS sack record.

A good D is NOT based solely on sacks. Their total Defensive ranking according to the NCAA is #56. Not bad but not the best either. At least it was much better than the Hogs was this year. Actually might not be a bad hire but I would rather go after someone a little bigger. If that does't work then he might be a good fallback option.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogNTX

This

ricepig

So, this booster doesn't already donate to ASU? I know several that donate to both, it's just part of doing business.

Inhogswetrust

December 16, 2017, 06:29:42 pm #25 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:18:32 pm by Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogNTX on December 16, 2017, 06:19:13 pm
This

Let me guess ya'lls lobotomy were done by the same doctor that did Guv's.........................

sw403

Sounds like it to me Czar1. I live within 20 miles of Jonesboro and have seen one Astate game back in 1987. Would love to see the hogs play without driving across the state. Have seen several Hog games.  The reasons you state for not playing them is crazy.

BoarnSupremacy

For some reason A-state has made better hires.   Good decisions from the top

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 16, 2017, 05:07:17 pm

I think its its time.  Play the one game in LR against ASU

Hogtimes

Agree.....it will solve the WMS problem,  keep SEC games in RRS  and satisfy the fans in Central  Southern Arkansas....plus keep the State Legislature from ever getting involved.

Hogtimes

^^^^^^....
This  +1

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: TebowHater on December 16, 2017, 03:18:01 pm

This guy is just such a film junky it's insane. He knows every possible way to exploit the other team and get the most out of his guys. Terrific motivator too. In the other thread I reference above people who know him give lots more examples of this. He is a total star and could be had for cheap.

Its good for the state. Im an Arkansan first and a Razorback fan because of it.

HogCzar1

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2017, 06:28:32 pm
So, this booster doesn't already donate to ASU? I know several that donate to both, it's just part of doing business.

That's correct. And I know more than several who donate only to UA. And, if competition were to begin between the two schools it would result in what I mentioned. And, for those who think it wouldn't hurt UA, you are simply wrong.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 16, 2017, 06:54:01 pm
Agree.....it will solve the WMS problem,  keep SEC games in RRS  and satisfy the fans in Central  Southern Arkansas....plus keep the State Legislature from ever getting involved.

I think its a no brainer.  It will fill the stadium and wont effect recruiting either way.  So there is no problem

Hogarusa

Love that this was intended as a thread for a coach and turned into another boring convo of Arkansas scheduling a Sun Belt team
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

ricepig

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 16, 2017, 07:05:46 pm
That's correct. And I know more than several who donate only to UA. And, if competition were to begin between the two schools it would result in what I mentioned. And, for those who think it wouldn't hurt UA, you are simply wrong.

Most of the ones I know give some to both, mostly to the UofA, but to both. Some serve on the BOT, but it makes good business sense to contribute to both.

TebowHater

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 16, 2017, 03:33:41 pm
Would you bring him in as DL coach?  If not, where does he fit in the staff in your opinion?

DL for sure. He can coach LBs, too though. And he very well may have coached secondary at Fayetteville in addition to DC.

Regardless, with his success at DL, happy with him there.

HogCzar1

Quote from: sw403 on December 16, 2017, 06:38:26 pm
Sounds like it to me Czar1. I live within 20 miles of Jonesboro and have seen one Astate game back in 1987. Would love to see the hogs play without driving across the state. Have seen several Hog games.  The reasons you state for not playing them is crazy.

What's crazy about it? Like I said, if you take a group of people who are currently financially supporting one school, and then divide that by 2, how does that help UA financially?

ricepig

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 16, 2017, 07:10:18 pm
What's crazy about it? Like I said, if you take a group of people who are currently financially supporting one school, and then divide that by 2, how does that help UA financially?

Why must they give to ASU, if they currently aren't?

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Roy Bacon on December 16, 2017, 05:45:08 pm
the Ole Miss game next year fixes the LR issue and that ( to me ) is a real rival .

After that its over  The only option forward is to play ASU in LR   There is no reason to not play a game in LR.  Especially with ASU and UCA doing well

ricepig

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 16, 2017, 07:14:24 pm
After that its over  The only option forward is to play ASU in LR   There is no reason to not play a game in LR.  Especially with ASU and UCA doing well

We more than likely will continue to play a game in LR, but it won't be against ASU.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 16, 2017, 07:09:20 pm
Love that this was intended as a thread for a coach and turned into another boring convo of Arkansas scheduling a Sun Belt team

Maybe its not boring as you think

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2017, 07:16:26 pm
We more than likely will continue to play a game in LR, but it won't be against ASU.

I expect that's true.  But its stupid

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 16, 2017, 07:10:18 pm

Unless you provide evidence to the bold statement I have to call this what it is... Boollarky.

Iowa State has brought more revenue to the state of Iowa... They haven't taken a dime or prestige from the flagship university... The iowa state / iowa game is always sold out and drives commerce and excitement in the state every year.

I call bull#### on you

ricepig

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 16, 2017, 07:19:37 pm
I expect that's true.  But its stupid

And some think it's stupid to play them..... 

HogCzar1

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 16, 2017, 07:20:47 pm
Unless you provide evidence to the bold statement I have to call this what it is... Boollarky.

Iowa State has brought more revenue to the state of Iowa... They haven't taken a dime or prestige from the flagship university... The iowa state / iowa game is always sold out and drives commerce and excitement in the state every year.

I call bull#### on you

You are wrong. What is so hard about understanding this? It's not hard.

You have donors who would feel forced because of business reasons to no longer donate only to the UA. You can call BS all you want. I know the donor personally. And, I'm not giving out the name.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2017, 07:27:18 pm
And some think it's stupid to play them.....

Why?  I think it would be fun.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

oldhawg

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 16, 2017, 07:34:45 pm
You are wrong. What is so hard about understanding this? It's not hard.

You have donors who would feel forced because of business reasons to no longer donate only to the UA. You can call BS all you want. I know the donor personally. And, I'm not giving out the name.

Could go both ways.  There may be donors who now give only to Arkansas State that would feel obligated to start donating to the University of Arkansas ---- for business reasons.

DeltaBoy

Hire this guy he is Today's DC  Chavis is yesterday's DC!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.