Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daniel Gafford

Started by Cavosea1, October 20, 2017, 08:20:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

CJ Jones brings something to the table that the other guards don't = efficient, quick catch-&-shoot ability. He's the best at that since Anthlon Bell, but he's 2 inches taller and much more athletic than Bell, so he'll be more effective scoring inside the arc than Bell. With seniors Macon, Barford, and Beard in the guard rotation, and with Hall getting his minutes at the 3, I believe we'll most likely see anything from 6 ppg to 10 ppg from CJ this year (he's an efficient scorer, so it will really boil down to minutes played for him). He'll have games where he busts out for 15 or more, but probably more games where he's 8-and-under.

labb

Really ready to see the Jones kid play against competition. I hope he is ever bit a good as some seem to think. I have a hard time thinking that a kid that could not get on the court last season is going to average double digits.

hawg1221

I don't know anything about CJ Jones except what I read on hogville. And what I'm reading makes him sound like a he's a special player that's very underrated. You guys have me excited to this young player in action this year.

Birminghog

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 24, 2017, 11:28:29 am
CJ Jones brings something to the table that the other guards don't = efficient, quick catch-&-shoot ability. He's the best at that since Anthlon Bell, but he's 2 inches taller and much more athletic than Bell, so he'll be more effective scoring inside the arc than Bell. With seniors Macon, Barford, and Beard in the guard rotation, and with Hall getting his minutes at the 3, I believe we'll most likely see anything from 6 ppg to 10 ppg from CJ this year (he's an efficient scorer, so it will really boil down to minutes played for him). He'll have games where he busts out for 15 or more, but probably more games where he's 8-and-under.

Kevin, what do you know about CJ's younger brother, Colby? He will be a 2020 grad. Is he a prospect for us?

HossHog

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, or a Debby downer and this is a honest question. Can he do anything except for dunk, as far as offense goes?

mhuff

October 25, 2017, 04:11:42 am #55 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:22:17 am by mhuff
Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 24, 2017, 11:28:29 am

I understand that we have the three guards that are seniors. But, I believe that CJ is a scorer that earns his shots. By that I mean he shoots for percentage. If he only averages that few points, he will not get the PT he merits. Last year he got very little playing time when we could have used some instant offense. Additionally, his 3p percentage has been high. So you play other players who don't shoot as well? The explanation last year was that his defense wasn't good enough.  I am not ready to buy that ,and I am a defense first guy. CJ is a scorer. I hope he gets the opportunity to do that.

As you say Kevin, it will all come down  to PT.

Cavosea1

F.y.i Daniel Gafford is ranked #14 n 2019 nba mock draft

Cavosea1

I told people back n October that this kid is special and if he come back next year with what we have coming in for 2018,  we should DEFINITELY make an ncaa tournament run!

hobhog

Quote from: Cavosea1 on December 17, 2017, 07:56:00 am
I told people back n October that this kid is special and if he come back next year with what we have coming in for 2018,  we should DEFINITELY make an ncaa tournament run!

He is awesome but has some maturing to do. He got frustrated last night after missing 5 straight free throws and made a couple bad fouls. You could tell his teammates were trying to get him refocused. He will learn and is ultra competitive.

With three senior guards THIS YEAR is the year to make a NCAA run. WPS.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: navyhog24 on October 20, 2017, 10:35:09 pm
Can the guy play a whole season before we start worrying about this?
Well he himself hasn't been shy about saying it. He's done after this year
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hobhog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 17, 2017, 08:04:18 am
Well he himself hasn't been shy about saying it. He's done after this year

When and what did he say? Haven't heard that.....

hogfanny

Quote from: hobhog on December 17, 2017, 08:08:33 am
When and what did he say? Haven't heard that.....
Was seen talkin to him down at Dollar General!

Cavosea1

Quote from: hogfanny on December 17, 2017, 09:00:18 am
Was seen talkin to him down at Dollar General!

Lmbo!!!! Good one

1highhog

Pinto

Y'all worry too much lol