Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I find myself rooting against SEC teams

Started by woo.pig, March 17, 2018, 09:55:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Its not their fault we suck.

Had to explain that to my brother at the Auburn football game this year.
This is my non-signature signature.

greenEGnHAWGS

I've been pulling for them but I'm not bummed if they lose.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

oldbooniehog

All other SEC programs are the enemy...all the time.

They compete against us for players, coaches and resources.

May they all burn.

I want to see all their coaches perp walked by the FBI.

I hope all their players get caught up in cheating scandals and arrested on particularly embarrassing charges, and nagged by constant ingrown toenails and sprained wrists caused by clanging a sure dunk off the back of the iron that results in easy points for the other team.

If they have one, I  hope their animal mascot is diagnosed with parasitical worms.

EastexHawg

Ah, yes.  The OUTSTANDING SEC.  One team has made it through to the Sweet Sixteen so far, and they beat a 13 seed to do it.

Oliver

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 17, 2018, 10:09:07 pm
Ah, yes.  The OUTSTANDING SEC.  One team has made it through to the Sweet Sixteen so far, and they beat a 13 seed to do it.

And they were the best SEC team

panhandlepig

AirWarren

I just laugh. We are a miserable basketball conference.

hawginbigd1

99toLife

EastexHawg

Quote from: AP85 on March 17, 2018, 10:12:29 pm
I just laugh. We are a miserable basketball conference.

Watching the games is painful.  The skill level is laughably awful.

panhandlepig

hogsanity

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 17, 2018, 10:09:07 pm

Was just about to say the same thing. It is very likely that Aub will get bounced tomorrow leaving 1 SEC team in the sweet 16, and that team will be one of the bluest of the blue blood programs.

As I have said all year, the SEC was a average league that played the RPI scheduling game really really well. It was the same league it was last year, only instead of playing teams with 300+ rpis, they were playing teams 100-150 in the ooc.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

99toLife

Dr. Starcs

I cheer for none of them. The sec doesn't give a rats you know what about us.

99toLife

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 17, 2018, 10:26:52 pm

Poor pitiful us I guess. I always root for our conference on a national level.

hogsanity

Depends on who I had in my bracket. I had tt winning so of course I was rooting against Fla. Same for Bama this morning, and Mizzu yesterday.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

99toLife

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 10:31:50 pm
Depends on who I had in my bracket. I had tt winning so of course I was rooting against Fla. Same for Bama this morning, and Mizzu yesterday.

Brackets are different.  I had us winning and Mizzou losing in my bracket. 

panhandlepig

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:29:11 pm
Poor pitiful us I guess. I always root for our conference on a national level.

I dont. It's March Madness.  May the best team win. I want to see good basketball.  And we will.

Don't give a crap about conference at this point

hogsanity

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:33:41 pm
Brackets are different.  I had us winning and Mizzou losing in my bracket. 

In general then I pull for SEC teams if they are playing a team I dont like.

GoHogs1091

Mike White got out-coached by Chris Beard.

Won't be surprised if Auburn and Texas A&M get beat tomorrow, it won't be surprising if LSU loses their 2nd Round NIT game, and it won't be surprising if Mississippi State wins their 2nd Round NIT game.

That would leave Kentucky and Mississippi State still playing, while the rest of the mediocre SEC is at home.

99toLife

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 10:36:03 pm
In general then I pull for SEC teams if they are playing a team I dont like.

That's me also. It's like fantasy football when the guy your playing against that week has your hometown teams Tight end. You want your team to win, but you don't want the TE scoring.  Can make you crazy. 

Tejano Jawg

While I like being from a "good" or "respectable" conference, I usually find it hard to root for any SEC team. In any sport.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

panhandlepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 17, 2018, 10:26:52 pm

We're out of it. Why should I care about any other team in the SEC? I shouldn't.

I'm not sure why I should.

TNhawgfan

SEC did win the big 12 challenge. That added alot to the preception of being the strongest conference. Really we were average except for Tennessee and auburn playing over their heads all season
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

PonderinHog

I'll be pulling for the aggies today.   :-[

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 18, 2018, 11:31:19 am
I'll be pulling for the aggies today.   :-[

Don't the Aggies usually call it tugging???   :-X

hobhog

Pulling for Aubby. Can't wait for them to make a run this year only to have Pearl canned later and start all over.

99toLife

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 18, 2018, 07:35:17 am
SEC did win the big 12 challenge. That added alot to the preception of being the strongest conference. Really we were average except for Tennessee and auburn playing over their heads all season

Really, only the dumb ones.