Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outplayed, out-coached, out-toughed

Started by Hog in Iowa, March 16, 2018, 04:49:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog in Iowa

No energy shown, 50-50 balls always went to Butler, standing around mostly the whole game

1) why is Gafford defending 30 feet from basket at top of the key while Barford is trying to handle their bigs under the goal (all year long)
2) constantly out of position on defensive end, once dribbler makes penetration from 25 feet might as well mark it up as points as it's normally Ole defense or a foul.
3) We will never get very far in the NCAA until coaching staff starts teaching fundamentals like blocking out while rebounding, cutting off dribble penetration (I've given up on this ever happening)
4) 6 seniors and this is the best we can do? (I say 6 seniors but only 2.5 are basketball players... maybe)
5) This game was not surprising as we came out looking like deer in the headlights and we're seen this many times before.  When we start out shooting 1-12 or whatever we normally lose.  We made a big comeback to take the lead then started playing sloppy again and let Butler off the hook.  They regained their confidence 5 minutes to go in the first half and I felt like it was just a matter of how much they would win by.
6) Gafford better be thinking about how he's going to improve during his sophomore year.  He looked like a light-weight D-leaguer with his offensive display today.  The young man is going to be really good when he gains some strength and learns some offensive moves (he'll have to gain that knowledge from his next coaching staff unless he wants to work on it himself or spend some time at a big man's camp. 
7) Overall, a very poor effort, fairly embarrassing, not totally unexpected.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Hawg2afault

That's all we're going to get with CMA at the helm.

oldbooniehog

Hogs got "Andersoned" is what you're trying to say?

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15