Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOWARD EARNS SECOND ACADEMIC ALL-AMERICA HONOR

Started by Seminole Indian, March 12, 2018, 06:27:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

CONWAY, Ark. _ University of Central Arkansas guard Jordan Howard was named to the CoSIDA Academic All-America team for the second straight year on Monday.

Howard, a senior from Chandler, Ariz., was a second-team selection after earning his degree in digital filmmaking in December with a 3.71 grade-point average. He was a third-team Academic All-American last season, the first for UCA in the NCAA Division I era.

Howard is the third-leading scorer in the nation this season at 25.3 points per game and is in the Top 10 in three-pointers with a school-record 109. He also is the career scoring leader at UCA and in the state of Arkansas among Division I schools with 2,479 career points. Howard is the career leader in three-pointers with 382 at UCA, in the state of Arkansas and in the Southland Conference.

Howard was named the SLC Player of the Year and a first-team All-SLC selection last week.

Howard and the Bears (17-16) will continue their season on Wednesday night when they face the Seattle Redhawks in the College Basketball Invitational (CBI) Tournament in Seattle. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. (CST).

http://www.ucasports.com/news/2018/3/12/mens-basketball-howard-earns-second-academic-all-america-honor.aspx
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne