Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burks v. Henry

Started by nonoffensiveposter, March 12, 2018, 08:42:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sickboy on March 12, 2018, 01:30:39 pm
It's quite possible that there are even more Henry's on campus right now. My cousin's name is Henry and he goes to the UofA. That's one right there.

Do Hank's count?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Beavthompson

If Henry doesn't make it st TE can he play linebacker? I joke. I would take Burks. His profile pic looks cooler.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

#1 STUNNA

Nobody on here honestly knows who is gonna be better than who. Both are outstanding football players and men. But a couple questions... Has a player ever dominated in arkansas  like Burks has since his freshman year? And does anyone know what the record is for career receiving yards in Arkansas? Also last question has an Arkansas athlete ever made all state 9 times?

bennyl08

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 13, 2018, 02:09:35 pm
Nobody on here honestly knows who is gonna be better than who. Both are outstanding football players and men. But a couple questions... Has a player ever dominated in arkansas  like Burks has since his freshman year? And does anyone know what the record is for career receiving yards in Arkansas? Also last question has an Arkansas athlete ever made all state 9 times?

Have you ever kissed a man who had his tonsils removed... twice?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 13, 2018, 02:23:38 pm
Have you ever kissed a man who had his tonsils removed... twice?

Have you?

bennyl08

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 13, 2018, 02:31:04 pm
Have you?

Have you asked the grinning bobcat why he grins?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 13, 2018, 02:48:31 pm
Have you asked the grinning bobcat why he grins?
once before

Tusks

I did see 12 millionaires get dressed one time.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 13, 2018, 02:09:35 pm
Basil Shabazz. He won 4 All State awards in 1990-91 alone.

010HogFan

Burks and it isn't even close

IronMountainHog

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 13, 2018, 04:29:25 pm
Burks and it isn't even close
Why isn't he a 5 Star then? Why is he rated #2 behind Henry? Why isn't he ranked higher nationally? Not even close lol.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 13, 2018, 04:33:56 pm
Why isn't he a 5 Star then? Why is he rated #2 behind Henry? Why isn't he ranked higher nationally? Not even close lol.

My guess would be because he has attended zero camps, and alot more receivers out there than tight ends. If you have seen both play in person it really isnt close. And i think Henry is a great talent.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 13, 2018, 04:22:33 pm
Basil Shabazz. He won 4 All State awards in 1990-91 alone.

What 4th sport did he make all state in?

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 13, 2018, 04:44:22 pm

my guess would be football, basketball, track and baseball but i would like to know to.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on March 13, 2018, 04:46:45 pm
my guess would be football, basketball, track and baseball but i would like to know to.

I know he was a stud in track but didnt know if they did all state for track or not!

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 13, 2018, 04:44:22 pm
Shabazz took the national prep scene by storm during the 1990-91 school year. He earned all-state recognition in four sports and was one of the top running backs, track athletes and pro baseball prospects in the country.

I'm gonna say definitely football, track, and probably basketball and baseball.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 13, 2018, 04:57:02 pm
Shabazz took the national prep scene by storm during the 1990-91 school year. He earned all-state recognition in four sports and was one of the top running backs, track athletes and pro baseball prospects in the country.

I'm gonna say definitely football, track, and probably basketball and baseball.

Would have been nice to have seen him play.. but he was way before my time.. I believe Burks will end up with 9 all state awards after next year. Football, Basketball, and baseball.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 13, 2018, 05:00:30 pm
Would have been nice to have seen him play.. but he was way before my time.. I believe Burks will end up with 9 all state awards after next year. Football, Basketball, and baseball.
A lot of people don't remember but Barry Lunney Jr. was All State in Football, Basketball, and Baseball his Senior year. Ironically he is Burks main recruiter.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 13, 2018, 05:06:12 pm
A lot of people don't remember but Barry Lunney Jr. was All State in Football, Basketball, and Baseball his Senior year. Ironically he is Burks main recruiter.

If it wasnt for football Burks would be going to college to play baseball.

IronMountainHog

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 13, 2018, 05:12:54 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/jul/16/one-got-away/

Ive read alot of stories on him. Have heard alot of people compare Burks state title performance to his remakable one with Pine Bluff... But shabazz won his..lol

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 13, 2018, 05:19:15 pm
Ive read alot of stories on him. Have heard alot of people compare Burks state title performance to his remakable one with Pine Bluff... But shabazz won his..lol
Go Badgers ! =)

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on March 13, 2018, 05:22:57 pm
Go Badgers ! =)

Should have played burks at QB all game..lol

AirWarren

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 12, 2018, 06:16:10 pm
Please do. I want both, but Henry is ranked higher in state and nationally. He has the genes as Dad and 2 brothers were Hogs. And to top it off I knew you and your boyfriend STUNNA are so blinded by your Warren bias that you would post some stupid rebuttal, and you did. You posted your opinions, but you girls attack anyone who doesn't agree with yours. I hope Burks comes here, but 6'4 and 180 lb WRs are a dime a dozen.

180?

He is over 200lb. 

AirWarren

Quote from: thebignasty on March 12, 2018, 07:24:14 pm
It would be multi volume.

That said, give me Burks.

Best seller.

Pinto

Burks without question. He's the type that will attract other elite athletes to the program, especially future elite in state athletes

TheRazorback500

I work with a guy whose grandson hangs with Treylon. Yeah, I'm going with Burks.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

colbs

He's not far from being rated a 5*.  247 ranks Henry higher but Rivals and ESPN rank Burks higher.

Pig in the Pokey

He is #1 in the state.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/227583/treylon-burks
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

#1 STUNNA

He's not a 5 Star because he has been to zero camps and doesn't care about the recruiting process.

mevskithog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 14, 2018, 06:59:59 am
He's not a 5 Star because he has been to zero camps and doesn't care about the recruiting process.
This makes me hope we get him even more.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: mevskithog on March 14, 2018, 08:38:38 am
This makes me hope we get him even more.

I honestly don't think he will think much about the process until after his senior season. He's not your normal kid. Doesn't care about the spotlight like most kids with his talents. As much as i hate the word he is very uncommon.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: AP85 on March 13, 2018, 08:18:35 pm
180?

He is over 200lb. 
6'4 and 217lb. But how fast is he? 

Those measurables remind me of Boo Williams

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on March 14, 2018, 09:35:11 am

I would guess anywhere from 4.4-4.6.... he doesnt look like hes moving crazy fast but neither did Matt Jones. wtach his Hudl films. Freshman and sophomore films are better to see what kind of receiver he is. Body Control and field awareness are what i think seperates him from everyone else. He was probably the best football player on the field every night as a freshman.

AirWarren

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on March 14, 2018, 09:35:11 am

Easily 4.4-4.6.

AirWarren

Quote from: colbs on March 13, 2018, 10:56:09 pm
He's not far from being rated a 5*.  247 ranks Henry higher but Rivals and ESPN rank Burks higher.

Henry is ranked where he is because of who his family is. Period.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: AP85 on March 14, 2018, 09:55:36 am
Henry is ranked where he is because of who his family is. Period.
You mean like Will Gragg? I don't think this is the case. 6'5" 235 with 22 offers.

AirWarren

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 14, 2018, 02:29:16 pm
You mean like Will Gragg? I don't think this is the case. 6'5" 235 with 22 offers.

Yes....... Will Gragg's uncle, dad, brother(s) are so athletically prominant like the Henry's.

GA reddiehog

Stupid post!!!!!!  Just trying to start something.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

2019 is a class that can be the foundation of something special.

Gotta get them all. If you do you get a pair of OT that we've been missing since Houston Nutt's days. Bielema never delivered on his promises of building from inside out. Never.

You get a nice TE that has size and can catch.

You get a ridiculous all-around player that elevate a number of position groups to near elite status.  You get the WR out of Bentonville and TQ Jackson in E. TX and another big WR then you've built up depth and size that Morris wants in his WR group.

You get a CB in Malik Chavis that has extreme upside.

You get Zach Williams & Marcus Miller you get 2 good pieces for the DL.

You get the QB out of Mississippi and Criswell from Morrilton the next year, you have a couple stud QB's that fit the system well.

Then there's the 2nd tier prospects around the state that are still developing and I promise there's a handful of good players that we know little about right now. We'll see who shows out this coming fall.

Then there's the efforts the coaching staff is making out of state which should land us a better caliber of player than Petrino or Bielema could get. They're going after some legit talent instead of backing off because they don't think they have a chance. If we can put some wins on the field in this first season we'll see some excitement about the U. of Arkansas that frankly hasn't been here in a long ass time.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

#1 STUNNA

Burks was announced as all state in basketball. Averaged a double double this season.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 15, 2018, 07:54:59 am
Burks was announced as all state in basketball. Averaged a double double this season.

Too skinny. Too slow. Dime a dozen.

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on March 15, 2018, 08:53:17 am
Too skinny. Too slow. Dime a dozen.

lol my man did not look skinny losing to my Badgers =)  nor slow

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on March 15, 2018, 09:19:08 am
lol my man did not look skinny losing to my Badgers =)  nor slow
damn badgers

liljo

You can always count on AP what's his name...
Come on every recruit post and start in.

Auburn fan. I'm sure of it.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 15, 2018, 09:36:37 am
damn badgers

man i hope Zion Hatley gets a chance to be a hog.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on March 15, 2018, 09:41:48 am
man i hope Zion Hatley gets a chance to be a hog.

Should be a rematch this year!!

AirWarren

Quote from: liljo on March 15, 2018, 09:39:52 am

And you can count on you and several others to come behind me and cry haha.

ricepig

Quote from: liljo on March 15, 2018, 09:39:52 am

Florida, Miami, Notre Dame fan, don't really he cares much for Gustavo.