Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game one against the GA bulldogs (game 19)

Started by flippinhogmana, March 10, 2018, 10:33:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

March 10, 2018, 10:33:03 am Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:45:23 am by flippinhogmana
To give you an idea about the daunting tasks, Georgia has five hitters that are ranked above our leading hitter.  Their pitching ranks higher and so does their defense.  We will play at 12:00  The game is set to be carried by SEC network (tomorrow's is carred on ESPN), as is Monday's game.

If you dont have those, here is the live stat link for today's game. 
http://www.sidearmstats.com/ugeorgia/softball/
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ladybackfan

Well one good thing is Heathcock is definitely having her best game of the year.

flippinhogmana

March 10, 2018, 01:58:26 pm #2 Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:14:18 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: ladybackfan on March 10, 2018, 01:10:37 pm
Well one good thing is Heathcock is definitely having her best game of the year.

I would say that is one of two bright sports.  Diaz is still right on the ball with her swing, and Hammerin Hannah isnt far off.  Diaz with the only hit today.  Storms didnt pitch particularly well, left the ball up and gave up three homers (solo shots).  We also got bit by that stupid free path to the plate run.  I dont think Green could have gotten out of the way on either one of the two calls again her this year.  Its a stupid rule or stupidly called one of the two.

8-0 dogs is five as Hedgcock gives up four runs in the bottom of the fifth despite pitching well, a lot of scratch hits bunched together.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: ladybackfan on March 10, 2018, 01:10:37 pm

Was having, anyway. Some good hitters there.

psycHOGlogist

Love our team and staff, but I am having an increasingly hard time understanding the decision to keep going with Belans (and to a lesser degree, Cooper) in the lineup. At the plate, Belans looks like she expects to make an out. I get that we need her to figure out how to break the slump, but I don't like sending her out there like that. Can't be good for her or the team. Oh well, hope we turn it around tomorrow! UGA is a lot better this year, but I'd like to steal one from them on their field. 

NWASBFan

March 13, 2018, 12:08:25 pm #5 Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:40:29 pm by NWASBFan
I agree and don't understand the loyalty to some of the players that consistently get in the lineup despite consistently performing poorly. A shakeup in the lineup just to change some mojo v. Georgia could not have hurt and may have send the right message to players that everyone is replaceable. They don't have a difficult non-SEC schedule. We're getting the W's but it doesn't help when SEC play comes around. Perhaps this last weekend will fire them up? Re: Belans - watch her move...she looks hurt which would account for her limited movement capabilities. She has trouble side to side. If that's the case then why is she still playing. I liked Manzo and third and Buczek at SS last night.

Pitching. Haff is in a class of her own. Definitely our advantage with her on the mound. Storms will get to her old self soon because nothing gets you going more than a little rivalry. I see Hedgecock still developing but threw pretty well this weekend. She throws hard but some tweaking could be in the works from this fall that's messing with her. Warrick is definitely more valuable to us as a hitter but can help out in a pinch with pitching a couple of relief innings.

One thing in particular I was glad to see this weekend was more of a short game but I still want to see less conservative playing and more bunting and base stealing in the right situations. I don't think you can be too aggressive. If I'm not mistaken, we have some fast runners that can do it.

psycHOGlogist

Good observations. A little small ball here and there would definitely be welcome!