Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

game 17, last game starts at appx. 1:30

Started by flippinhogmana, March 04, 2018, 12:47:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

March 04, 2018, 12:47:09 am Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:46:54 am by flippinhogmana
Second game against Central Connecticut
this game also is set to be streamed.

the link for video (if you have the proper package, satelite or cable with an espn package)
http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3307584/northern-colorado-vs-arkansas

this link for stats doesnt require a paid package
http://statb.us/b/214003
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

feeds havent started yet but should do so soon
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

storms is in the circle and game about to commence
first batter reaches base on a grounder, one on, no outs
next batter lines a shot off bugarin glove, E4, runners on 1 and 3, nobody out
next batter grounds into a double play, but the run scores, 1-0 CCS
Storms gets ahead 1-2, then gets her looking for the final out in the top of the 1st, hogs down 1-0

flippinhogmana

live stats still havent started so I dont yet know the lineup
Buczek leads off gets behind 1-2, grounds out to 1b unassisted, one down
McEwen flies to left, two down
Krzysko hits third, she pops to 2nd, to the top of the second hogs behind by one

flippinhogmana

storms gets ahead in the count 0-1, Buczek nearly throws it away but Diaz snags it for the first out,
storms starting to settle in, Ks the next batter swinging, two down (2nd K)
Next batter falls behind 0-2, and Ks to end the inning, hog will try to erase the CCS lead in the bottom of the 2nd

flippinhogmana

Diaz bounces to 1B unassisted, one out
Green gets ahead 2-0, works a walk
Belans flies out to lf, two down
Cooper taps out to the pitcher, hogs still trail.

flippinhogmana

Top of the 3rd,
Storms retired the first batter on one pitch, a liner to center, one down
next batter gets behind 0-2, then beats out a grounder to ss
Storms induces a grounder to Buczek who boots it, two on, one down
storms works a 3-2 count on the next hitter, then grounder to ss, fc, runners on 1st and 3rd, two down
Storms gets behind 2-0 to the next batter, then gets a grounder to second to retire the side with no damage,
to the bottom of the 3rd, hogs need to wake up their bats

flippinhogmana

Parr gets ahead 1-0 and grounds out
Bugarin pops it out to almost dead center, 1-1
Buczek gets a single to left
McEwen doesnt swing at the first pitch, gets ahead 2-0, flies out to left field in foul ground, two down
Krzysko works a two, two count, then grounds to second to end the home half of the third.  But the hogs score to even it up, 1-1

flippinhogmana

Storms gives up her first homer of the year on the first pitch, 2-1 CCS
next batter gets behind 0-2, and grounds out to Buczek, one down
storms works a full count on the  next batter and then walks her, one on, one down
storms is just not sharp right now, Diefel comes out to the mount to settle down Autumn who comes back and gets the batter with a hard grounder to Buczek, two down, runner on first,
Storms retires the next batter on a fly ball to left, one run for the blue devils to retake the lead 2-1

flippinhogmana

March 04, 2018, 02:29:50 pm #9 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:34:24 am by flippinhogmana
bottom of the fourth and the hogs need to get to work
Diaz works a full count fights off a couple of pitches and walks, one on, nobody out for Green
Green fouls off a couple of bunt attempts, then laces a liner to left, should have been a double, but Edwards stops at second, runners on first and second, nobody out for Belans
AJ bunts as a sacrifice but the first baseman muffs it, and the run scores, runners on first and second, nobody out
Tori Cooper in to bat, hits a sac fly (must have been a runner on third despite it showing 2nd and first), hogs lead 3-2
Bugarin flies out to center for the second out, runner still on first (pr Dodson)
Parr skies it over the left fielder, but they call her out of the box, so it doesn't count, bummer, hogs loose a run on that call (which was a bad call on review) but it looks like Dodson would have been out at the plate as she didn't try to slide or anything and the ball probably got there in time.

flippinhogmana

Storms to work the top of the fifth with a lead for the first time today
First batter gives up a lead off single to left just over a drawn in Buczek, one one nobody out
2nd batter flies out to center, runner still at first, one down,]
3rd batter hits a 2run homer and gives the lead back to the devils.
Storms gets behind 3-0, and then gives up the walk, one one, one down
Hedgcock is coming in to pitch
gets ahead of the first batter she faces 0-1, retires her with a grounder to 3rd, gets the lead runner, two down, runner at first,
Then Hedgcock retires the next batter on a grounder up the middle that Belans gloves and guns down the batter at first. 4-3 hogs trail to the bottom of the 5th we go.

flippinhogmana

March 04, 2018, 02:46:27 pm #11 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:32:54 am by flippinhogmana
Buczek triples into the right field corner
McEwen up, gets ahead 2-1, then rips a single to right to drive in her 29th rbi to tie the score, 4-4,
Krzysko bunts McEwen to second,
Diaz rips a two run homer all the way to the second row of the parking lot outside the park on her first pitch, 6-4 hogs
Green pops it up in foul ground outside first, two down
Belans gets ahead 3-0, then walks with two out on a 3-1 pitch
Cooper gets ahead 1-0, hits it hard, but lines out to 2nd for the final out of the 5th, hogs 6-4

flippinhogmana

Caroline Hedgcock will try to get six outs for her first win of the season (and to get back on track)
1st batter takes a good looking curve to get behind 0-1, then hits a grounder that Buczek boots, one on, nobody out, not the way to start after retaking the lead
Hedgcock throws a wildpitch (or passed ball) and the runner goes to second, nobody out
gets a much needed strikeout without allowing the runner to third, one down
next batter gets ahead 2-1, 2-2, then throws a wild pitch to move the runner to third
Hedgcock gives up a hit, to score the run, 6-5 game now, runner on first, one down
Caroline gets ahead 0-2, and strikes her out on a check swing, two down
Haff will come in for the final four outs,
Haff gets ahead 0-1, 0-2,  then retires her first batter on a grounder to second, hogs up by one now to the bottom of the sixth.

flippinhogmana

live stats have never come up this game, so thats a little bit of a handicap,
Bugarin leads off, gets ahead 2-1, 2-2, grounds to 3rd, one down
Parr flies out to the warning track to left
Buczek lines out to 2nd, to the top of the seventh with a one run lead and Haff in the circle

flippinhogmana

Haff falls behind 3-1 to the leadoff hitter, then, 3-2 and then blows a rise by her, one down
2nd batter gets a single down the left field line, one on, one out
Haff gets ahead 0-2 with two off speed pitches, then blows her away with high heat, two down
Haff gets ahead of the next hitter too, 0-2, barely misses with an off speed, and then blows her away with the heat to end the game, and earn her second save and the hogs 16th win.

Coach1