Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jadon Jackson

Started by Jumpty, February 25, 2018, 06:39:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 28, 2018, 02:23:00 pm
Uh, what? Tyler and BA both got drafted, and AA will probably end up as a 7th rounder/undrafted free agent. Who from a lower classification in AR has performed better at the collegiate level?

Calm down Bobby.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: AP85 on February 28, 2018, 03:16:27 pm
Still Butt hurt I see. Over one man's opinion.

Get over yourself nancy.
Not butt hurt, just sick of see dumbazzes like you come into a post about a potential Razorback recruit and offer nothing but negative stuff. So you can go kick rocks Rhonda.

AirWarren

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 28, 2018, 03:27:18 pm
Not butt hurt, just sick of see dumbazzes like you come into a post about a potential Razorback recruit and offer nothing but negative stuff. So you can go kick rocks Rhonda.

Just knocked a few rocks.

Still maintain my opinion.

Please feel free to block my screen name if you can't handle a opinion.

liljo

Quote from: AP85 on February 28, 2018, 12:02:18 pm
Facts are facts. I stand by my assessment of 7a west.

So, any kid that comes out of the 7a West, in your..."assessment"...is to be devalued?

Think I'll trust the coaching staff at the University of Arkansas' assessment over yours. But don't be butt-hurt about it.  :D  I'm sure you're very good at...something! ???
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

AirWarren

Quote from: liljo on February 28, 2018, 04:55:06 pm
So, any kid that comes out of the 7a West, in your..."assessment"...is to be devalued?

Think I'll trust the coaching staff at the University of Arkansas' assessment over yours. But don't be butt-hurt about it.  :D  I'm sure you're very good at...something! ???

Apparently not making friends on a message board. Too many sensitive folks.

liljo

Quote from: AP85 on February 28, 2018, 04:59:54 pm
Apparently not making friends on a message board. Too many sensitive folks.

NO NO NO, NOT SENSITIVE AT ALL!

Like I said in my post! Seems as if YOU are the sensitive one! If I've upset you, I'm very sorry, sweetheart. :'(
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: liljo on February 28, 2018, 05:02:19 pm
NO NO NO, NOT SENSITIVE AT ALL!

Like I said in my post! Seems as if YOU are the sensitive one! If I've upset you, I'm very sorry, sweetheart. :'(
You have to realize that according to the tone of virtually all his posts for whatever reason(s) anything having to do remotely with NWA, particularly Fayetteville, is going to get a "thumbs down" from this guy. Obviously when the U of A located on the Hill way back in 1872 they didn't consult him ;) Otherwise they wouldn't have decided to plant their roots up in that area of the state. Looking back on things though not sure where else would have been better suited while still willing to help locate the flagship university there. Several cities/towns were offered the opportunity to help get the school started; apparently Fayetteville was the one that expressed the most interest and actually helped them locate property to found the school.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: liljo on February 28, 2018, 04:55:06 pm

I have nothing against the 7A but when was he last time we had a stud from there? or I guess from the Northern area?

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 28, 2018, 05:43:59 pm
I have nothing against the 7A but when was he last time we had a stud from there? or I guess from the Northern area?

Matt Jones?

#1 STUNNA

His Hudl is impressive. Hope he is a hog!!!

#1 STUNNA

RazorPiggie

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 28, 2018, 05:52:35 pm
I was gonna say DJ Williams

He didn't play for a 7A school, he played at CAC.

ortime

I thought cook and smothers were pretty solid lineman.HMU

AirWarren

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 28, 2018, 05:17:27 pm
You have to realize that according to the tone of virtually all his posts for whatever reason(s) anything having to do remotely with NWA, particularly Fayetteville, is going to get a "thumbs down" from this guy. Obviously when the U of A located on the Hill way back in 1872 they didn't consult him ;) Otherwise they wouldn't have decided to plant their roots up in that area of the state. Looking back on things though not sure where else would have been better suited while still willing to help locate the flagship university there. Several cities/towns were offered the opportunity to help get the school started; apparently Fayetteville was the one that expressed the most interest and actually helped them locate property to found the school.

Two thumbs down actually.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2018, 07:54:32 pm
He didn't play for a 7A school, he played at CAC.

Correct... nevermind... not sure why i thought he went to Springdale.. lol... Jones would have to be the last Elite athlete from that area!

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 28, 2018, 08:51:17 pm
Correct... nevermind... not sure why i thought he went to Springdale.. lol... Jones would have to be the last Elite athlete from that area!

Well, Damian Williams was from Springdale, but he ended up transferring to USC.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 28, 2018, 08:51:17 pm
•  Two-Time SEC Freshman of the Week (Oct. 26; Nov. 16)
•  FWAA Freshman All-American
•  Sporting News Freshman All-American
•  Athlon SEC Defensive Freshman of the Year
• Athlon All-Freshman first team
• Coaches' SEC All-Freshman Team

Dre Greenlaw from 7A West Fayetteville. Guess before his injury, he wasn't elite? Wrong.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: AP85 on February 28, 2018, 12:26:09 pm
And they have been sub par at best.

Again. MY opinion.

Never will know how good they could have been. They were coached by a moron.

AirWarren

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 28, 2018, 09:13:39 pm
Never will know how good they could have been. They were coached by a moron.
True statement.

AirWarren

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 28, 2018, 09:05:54 pm
•  Two-Time SEC Freshman of the Week (Oct. 26; Nov. 16)
•  FWAA Freshman All-American
•  Sporting News Freshman All-American
•  Athlon SEC Defensive Freshman of the Year
• Athlon All-Freshman first team
• Coaches' SEC All-Freshman Team

Dre Greenlaw from 7A West Fayetteville. Guess before his injury, he wasn't elite? Wrong.

Has shown nothing on the field to be "elite".

Reuben Foster. That's elite.

Arthur pigby sellers.

The Northwest portion of the state is growing in population every year unlike the rest of the state.  The number of prospects coming from there should increase as well.

IronMountainHog

February 28, 2018, 09:49:00 pm #73 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:19:53 pm by IronMountainHog
Quote from: AP85 on February 28, 2018, 09:22:03 pm

2015 Dre Greenlaw 95 tackles
2015 Rueben Foster 73 tackles

I don't put any stock in to your definition of elite. You said Bret Smith was elite.

onebadrubi

Quote from: AP85 on February 28, 2018, 09:22:03 pm

You are implying there are many Rueben fosters in south Arkansas?  Or are you just trying to make your argument extremely poor?

Hawgzinbowlz

SSFrazorback

Well, he successfully derailed this thread.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 28, 2018, 09:49:00 pm
2015 Dre Greenlaw 95 tackles
2015 Rueben Foster 73 tackles

I don't put any stock in to your definition of elite. You said Bret Smith was elite.
Lol did you just compare greenlaw to a first round draft pick and call him elite? Dang good college player for us but he is not elite right now.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 01, 2018, 06:11:24 am
Lol did you just compare greenlaw to a first round draft pick and call him elite? Dang good college player for us but he is not elite right now.
He led the Hogs in tackles as a Freshman, He led the SEC in tackles as a Freshman, He ranked 5th in the nation for tackles as a freshman. Your definition of elite is different than mine. His tenure at Arkansas isn't over either.

opineonswine

Quote from: SSFrazorback on March 01, 2018, 01:47:45 am
Well, he successfully derailed this thread.

You think?  So dumb.

Since when does a particular conference define the abilities of an individual?

I sincerely hope this quality athlete signs with us.

IronMountainHog

A good friend of mine has a son who played for Bentonville West last year said this kid is legit. I asked his thoughts on Jackson inking with the Hogs and he said he thought the chances were low. However, after seeing him on campus and pictures that were posted who knows. The thing to remember with these Bentonville kids is most are not originally from Arkansas with WalMart moving people in here. I like his film and hope we sign him.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 01, 2018, 06:11:24 am

LOL. Finally, someone understands my position.

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 01, 2018, 08:16:16 am
A good friend of mine has a son who played for Bentonville West last year said this kid is legit. I asked his thoughts on Jackson inking with the Hogs and he said he thought the chances were low. However, after seeing him on campus and pictures that were posted who knows. The thing to remember with these Bentonville kids is most are not originally from Arkansas with WalMart moving people in here. I like his film and hope we sign him.

Correct, his Mom moved the family in from PA for work, I'd say 50/50 at best. While I'd love to have him, we have seventyeleven other WR offers out for his size and skill set, hopefully we'll land one or two.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 01, 2018, 06:23:00 am
He led the Hogs in tackles as a Freshman, He led the SEC in tackles as a Freshman, He ranked 5th in the nation for tackles as a freshman. Your definition of elite is different than mine. His tenure at Arkansas isn't over either.

Our definition of Elite is probably different. Never said the kid hasnt had a good career with the hogs so far. But I would not consider him elite right now.

AirWarren

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 28, 2018, 10:53:04 pm
You are implying there are many Rueben fosters in south Arkansas?  Or are you just trying to make your argument extremely poor?

The majority of your Arkansas Razorbacks on your roster are from Central and South Arkansas.

Kirby Adcock(Nashville) 4A.
McTelvin Agim(Hope) 5A. STARTER.
Montaric Brown(Ashdown) 4A. 4 start out of high school.
Austin Capps(Star City) 4A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Johnny Gibson(Dumas) 4A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Will Gragg(Dumas) 4A. PLAYED.
TJ Hammonds(LR) 4A. PLAYED.
Hayden Henry(LR) 5A. PLAYED.
LaMichael Pettway(Nashville) 4A. PLAYED
David Porter(LR) 4A.
Jamario Bell(Junction City) 3A
Gary Cross(Fordyce) 3A. PLAYED.
Tobias Enlow(NLR) 7A
Tyler Hall(Maumelle) 5A
Dylan Hays(LR) 5A
Colton Jackson(Conway) 7A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Koilan Jackson(LR) 4A
Jordan Jones(Smackover) 3A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Byron Keaton(Camden) 5A
Tyson Morris(HWH) 4A
Tyler Phillips(NLR) 7A
River Warnock(NLR) 7A
Brenden Young(Bryant) 7A
Ben Brasuell(Benton) 6A
Josh Harris(PB) 5A
Jarrod Barnes(Cabot) 7A. PLAYED.

12 from these "small classes", Central and South Arkansas started or contributed.
26 total on the roster from Central and South Arkansas.

Dre Greenlaw(Fayetteville), 7A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Damani Carter(Fayetteville) 7A
Ty Clary(Fayetteville) 7A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
DeShawn Gulledge(Bald Knob) 3A
Elias Hale(Fayetteville) 7A
Jake Hall(Springdale) 7A
Jackson Hannah(Bentonville) 7A
Justice Hobbs(Farmington) 5A
Audry Horn(LR) 7A
Blake Kern(Lamar)3A
Jack Kraus(Bentonville) 7A
Jack Lindsey(Springdale) 7A
Grant Morgan(Greenwood) 6A. PLAYED AND STARTED SOME.
CJ OGrady(Fayetteville) 7A. STARTED AND PLAYED.
Ty Storey(Charleston) 3A
Deon Stewart(Highland) 4A. PLAYED AND STARTED.

4 from North Arkansas including 7A west contributed this year.
16 total from North Arkansas on the roster.

Graduated:

South Arkansas and Central Arkansas

BiJhon Jackson(Eldorado) 6A. STARTER.
Josh Liddell(Pine Bluff) 4A. STARTER.
Kevin Richardson(Jacksonville). 5A/6A. STARTER.

Add these three with the 12 above....15 CENTRAL AND SOUTH ARKANSAS kids contributed or started this past year.

North Arkansas

Austin Allen(Fayetteville) 7A

Add this in with the 4 above and 5 North Arkansas kids contributed or started.

Deny the facts all you want. From 2A to 7A, the Central and Southern part of the state is your bread and butter. Period.

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on March 01, 2018, 08:24:54 am
LOL. Finally, someone understands my position.

Yall from the same city that will happen =)

I think the animosity north and south bleeds over the kids to much in this debate.  Both have produced great kids IMHO.

I mean the Springdale 3 were pretty dang good.  Felix was from Tulsa that is basically NWA.  Now given the wealth disparity between the two regions? sure NWA has under achieved comparatively speaking, but is anyone really surprised by this? Football isn't the quiz bowl, great football players are typically forged through adversity, if you live comfortable you are probably not going to be as hungry as someone who isn't.

Another funny thing is that the Razorbacks need BOTH, and a big reason why we have struggled is because we haven't gotten both.

AirWarren

Ill take it a step further. 13 kids from 3A to 5A started or contributed.

8 from 7A started or contributed.

#1 STUNNA

I have zero bad to say about the Northern part of the state.. All i asked was when is the last time we had an elite player from there?

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 01, 2018, 09:14:26 am
I have zero bad to say about the Northern part of the state.. All i asked was when is the last time we had an elite player from there?

that actually went to arkansas?

also not sure on the elite level, i would consider Frazier fairly elite DT but he played for Bama.  a few NWA kids played for other teams and won natties.

I also might consider B. Allen elite i mean he is in the NFL and has played on that field well.

D. Williams from Springdale perhaps?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: AP85 on February 28, 2018, 03:28:16 pm
Just knocked a few rocks.

Still maintain my opinion.

Please feel free to block my screen name if you can't handle a opinion.

You need Jesus...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on March 01, 2018, 09:09:14 am
Yall from the same city that will happen =)

I think the animosity north and south bleeds over the kids to much in this debate.  Both have produced great kids IMHO.

I mean the Springdale 3 were pretty dang good.  Felix was from Tulsa that is basically NWA.  Now given the wealth disparity between the two regions? sure NWA has under achieved comparatively speaking, but is anyone really surprised by this? Football isn't the quiz bowl, great football players are typically forged through adversity, if you live comfortable you are probably not going to be as hungry as someone who isn't.

Another funny thing is that the Razorbacks need BOTH, and a big reason why we have struggled is because we haven't gotten both.

Very true.

AirWarren

311Hog

man i think some of yall taking AP85's comments to literal.

Anyone that has lived in the different areas of the state (i have) has appreciation for the whole thing and each part's contribution.

Honestly every region has had it's day in the sun at one time or another in terms of a "rare" talent.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on March 01, 2018, 09:17:21 am
that actually went to arkansas?

also not sure on the elite level, i would consider Frazier fairly elite DT but he played for Bama.  a few NWA kids played for other teams and won natties.

I also might consider B. Allen elite i mean he is in the NFL and has played on that field well.

D. Williams from Springdale perhaps?

I think you have to go all the way back to Matt Jones. The last Elite talent from Central Arkansas Hunter Henry? South Arkansas Greg Childs until he got hurt?

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 01, 2018, 09:37:40 am
I think you have to go all the way back to Matt Jones. The last Elite talent from Central Arkansas Hunter Henry? South Arkansas Greg Childs until he got hurt?

it is all so subjective.  I mean i would put J Wright infront of Childs, but that is because he is still playing in the league and didn't suffer the injury i am sure.

I mean Joe Adams to me was elite.

Matt Jones honestly was/is probably my favorite Hog player he carried that team.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on March 01, 2018, 09:40:16 am
it is all so subjective.  I mean i would put J Wright infront of Childs, but that is because he is still playing in the league and didn't suffer the injury i am sure.

I mean Joe Adams to me was elite.

Matt Jones honestly was/is probably my favorite Hog player he carried that team.
So would you say everyone that gets drafted is elite?

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 01, 2018, 09:41:52 am
So would you say everyone that gets drafted is elite?

well if they stick in the league yeah i think that would go without saying. the NFL is the home of the elite.  Though there are some examples of "elite" that never made it to the league ala subjective discussion

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on March 01, 2018, 09:43:07 am
well if they stick in the league yeah i think that would go without saying. the NFL is the home of the elite.  Though there are some examples of "elite" that never made it to the league ala subjective discussion
I can agree with this. I was using elite as no doubt cant miss talent that attended Arkansas. Jay Wright is the best receiver to play for Arkansas in a long time. But he was never a cant miss talent in my opinion and he is one of my best friends..lol

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 01, 2018, 09:46:35 am
I can agree with this. I was using elite as no doubt cant miss talent that attended Arkansas. Jay Wright is the best receiver to play for Arkansas in a long time. But he was never a cant miss talent in my opinion and he is one of my best friends..lol

yeah that is why i say subjective.  I loved watching Jay Wright play probably because he wasn't the most naturally gifted of the 3.  He was a great receiver, like Jerry Rice sort of, not going to beat you in a foot race in practice but on the field is where he shined.

I mean there are lots of stories in AR about kids who definitely were elite but didn't make it. i remember a RB that i played with in JR high this kid was truly elite, but he dropped outa school after the 9th grade i have no idea where he is now.

But yeah if you can make a living in the league i consider you elite =)  Madre is a good example he is arguably one of the hall of fame greats of Arkansas and his NFL career is non existent, Shabazz etc.  so i can see both.