Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WPS---------------Another Big time win for the Hogs. i love it

Started by forrest city joe, February 17, 2018, 06:17:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 18, 2018, 08:53:44 am
No what is ruining the board are haters like you and others screaming that the coach should be fired after the hogs lose.and you haters hoping the Hogs lose in hopes of Mike getting fired.that's what ruining Jump Ball.i call you a hater because that what you are.
Are you real?
Do you even realize what I post and what I think?

The_Iceman

No what is ruining the board are haters like you and others screaming that the coach should be fired after the hogs lose.and you haters hoping the Hogs lose in hopes of Mike getting fired.that's what ruining Jump Ball.i call you a hater because that what you are.

Loved seeing the Hogs win yesterday. Root for them to win every game. I will be there Tuesday night rooting for them to beat Kentucky.

Mike has this team motivated to play hard, and it is showing. We are projected at a 8-9 seed right now, which again makes it hard to get out of the first weekend. Those horrible losses to bad teams in the middle of the year that many of us that you call "haters" complained about, are what may keep mike from getting to the Sweet 16 two years in a row.

Let's hope we can get ourselves to a better seed than that so we can make a deep run.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 18, 2018, 09:07:48 am
Loved seeing the Hogs win yesterday. Root for them to win every game. I will be there Tuesday night rooting for them to beat Kentucky.

Mike has this team motivated to play hard, and it is showing. We are projected at a 8-9 seed right now, which again makes it hard to get out of the first weekend. Those horrible losses to bad teams in the middle of the year that many of us that you call "haters" complained about, are what may keep mike from getting to the Sweet 16 two years in a row.

Let's hope we can get ourselves to a better seed than that so we can make a deep run.
You are a joke.nobody is falling for your BS anymore.You want Mike Anderson fired.you hope the Hogs will lose enough games to get him fired.i don't care how many games you go to.you are a Mike Anderson hater.

Chorizo Hogriguez

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 18, 2018, 09:30:04 am
You are a joke.nobody is falling for your BS anymore.You want Mike Anderson fired.you hope the Hogs will lose enough games to get him fired.i don't care how many games you go to.you are a Mike Anderson hater.

don worry about that hater dudes man! It's ok

go Hogs!

rude1

Good win, lots of positive boxes checked last night. Defense showed u again, check. Rebounding against a strong rebounding team, check. Getting production from the 4 spot, check. Bench coming in and giving positive minutes so starters don't have to play extended minutes, check. Once again if the defense continues to show up every night this team can close the season on a positive note. I don't know what has taken these guys so long to figure out that in the game of basketball you have to guard people and rebound their misses.

forrest city joe

The_Iceman

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 18, 2018, 09:30:04 am

There is not a coach I've wanted to succeed more than Mike since the day he was hired. Don't confuse that with not expecting him to win. I've been a Hog basketball fan since I wore a #55 Derek Hood jersey to my first game at But Walton. I dreamed and hoped Mike would take us to the level he had UAB and Mizzou. Sadly, he hasn't done that.

But it's becoming more and more clear that getting past the 1st weekend of the NCAA Tournament is likely not going to happen. I hope it does, but I'm not getting on it. And if it doesn't happen, would you consider Mike a success here?

I'll be there Tuesday against Kentucky in row 6 cheering on the Hogs. Will you Joe?

hawgXi

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 18, 2018, 09:03:35 am
BINGO!+1000. the haters can't have it both ways.either stay with our players and coaches through the hard times,or go away.they are the ones ruining this board.

thanx for your support

Wasn't going to respond to this thread but the lovers posting about haters finally got me fired up.  So we dominated a team that is ranked 21st in one poll and out of the top 25 in another at our house and its pants wetting time.  Sounds like we played well and according to the Mike guys, we rebounded, played D, played smart, had everyone on the same page and all those things that make a team, a team.  One poster had the guts to wish we could get back to the days when it was a foregone conclusion we'd be in the tourney then, it was would we be a 4th or better seed. 

This team will play just like the other Mike teams play/played.  If they wish, they will do well if they feel like it.  Those in-excuseable losses earlier have us in this position of worrying about the seeding.  This peaking time used to not be necessary to even mention.  Hell we were peaked every game. 

Mike's teams are talented enough to be in the tourney most years, are taught enough BB to be in the tourney most years, have a schedule soft enough to be in the tourney most years with a top 6 seed. 

But like Mike teams are, this team will play to their mental approach on game day.  If they are all mentally ready to play, that will be a, great to be a Hog, day.  If they come not mentally ready and they often do, then about any half decent team will beat us.  Happens every season.  This season will go as far as these players choose to mentally allow it to go and Mike will seemingly choose to not attempt to adjust those attitudes or he just can't, I would guess.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 12247 on February 18, 2018, 11:14:29 am

But like Mike teams are, this team will play to their mental approach on game day.  If they are all mentally ready to play, that will be a, great to be a Hog, day.  If they come not mentally ready and they often do, then about any half decent team will beat us.  Happens every season.  This season will go as far as these players choose to mentally allow it to go and Mike will seemingly choose to not attempt to adjust those attitudes or he just can't, I would guess.

Thomas had several attitude adjustments in the form of DNP's coaches decision. Guess you haven't been watching enough to know that. CMA has also brought Gabe along as an alternative to Cook and Bailey. He brought Macon off the bench for a few games and now, for some reason, I see Macon doing a better job of closeouts and fighting through screens on defense.

I don't know, maybe these things are not apparent to you. Or maybe you just choose not to see what seems to be obvious. I'm not saying you are a hater but, c'mon man. Surely you can see CMA pushing this teams buttons.
Hogs up! Covid down!

LivingLegends

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 18, 2018, 11:29:50 am
Thomas had several attitude adjustments in the form of DNP's coaches decision. Guess you haven't been watching enough to know that. CMA has also brought Gabe along as an alternative to Cook and Bailey. He brought Macon off the bench for a few games and now, for some reason, I see Macon doing a better job of closeouts and fighting through screens on defense.

I don't know, maybe these things are not apparent to you. Or maybe you just choose not to see what seems to be obvious. I'm not saying you are a hater but, c'mon man. Surely you can see CMA pushing this teams buttons.

This couldn't be more clear.  We aren't seeing smoke and mirrors, either.  This team has made tangible adjustments on defense and offense and their confidence is soaring.  They're still improving too.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: LivingLegends on February 18, 2018, 12:12:12 pm
This couldn't be more clear.  We aren't seeing smoke and mirrors, either.  This team has made tangible adjustments on defense and offense and their confidence is soaring.  They're still improving too.

The only liability on the defensive end of the court is Anton Beard. It might be the injury to his ankle.

Macon defensive effort is night and day.  Early in the season, Macon didn't play any defense but now you can see a big difference with his effort on defense.

razorback1829

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 18, 2018, 01:19:12 pm
The only liability on the defensive end of the court is Anton Beard. It might be the injury to his ankle.

Macon defensive effort is night and day.  Early in the season, Macon didn't play any defense but now you can see a big difference with his effort on defense.

You know... at times I have thought like this, but Beards scrappiness is needed and an integral part of this team. He's always throwing his body into the fray, despite being the smallest one on the court. He's not perfect, but non of the guys are. When he's playing better, we are a better team.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hawgXi on February 18, 2018, 10:58:35 am
thanx for your support
Quote from: The_Iceman on February 18, 2018, 10:28:47 am
There is not a coach I've wanted to succeed more than Mike since the day he was hired. Don't confuse that with not expecting him to win. I've been a Hog basketball fan since I wore a #55 Derek Hood jersey to my first game at But Walton. I dreamed and hoped Mike would take us to the level he had UAB and Mizzou. Sadly, he hasn't done that.

But it's becoming more and more clear that getting past the 1st weekend of the NCAA Tournament is likely not going to happen. I hope it does, but I'm not getting on it. And if it doesn't happen, would you consider Mike a success here?

I'll be there Tuesday against Kentucky in row 6 cheering on the Hogs. Will you Joe?

If he does will you simply pick a new benchmark to claim that he should have met and did not?

Yes. Yes, you would.

See, this is the reason people are so worn out with guys like you. You think that nobody sees your agenda because you throw something out there that is supposed to be a non-personal justification butwe see through you as a goal post mover. 
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 18, 2018, 01:33:31 pm
You know... at times I have thought like this, but Beards scrappiness is needed and an integral part of this team. He's always throwing his body into the fray, despite being the smallest one on the court. He's not perfect, but non of the guys are. When he's playing better, we are a better team.

I agree about the need for Beard to play well. My issue is that there are times he tries to cheat on the help side defense and is late to recover or rotate back to his man.

He has played well the past two games.

The_Iceman

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 18, 2018, 02:09:10 pm
If he does will you simply pick a new benchmark to claim that he should have met and did not?

Yes. Yes, you would.

See, this is the reason people are so worn out with guys like you. You think that nobody sees your agenda because you throw something out there that is supposed to be a non-personal justification butwe see through you as a goal post mover.

My only agenda is to see Arkansas become a nationally relevant basketball program. Which means getting into the Top 25 on a consistent basis and getting to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA Tournament every so often. I have absolutely nothing personal against Mike Anderson. I'm just tired of wasting opportunities and being a mediocre basketball program.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 18, 2018, 02:30:28 pm
My only agenda is to see Arkansas become a nationally relevant basketball program. Which means getting into the Top 25 on a consistent basis and getting to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA Tournament every so often. I have absolutely nothing personal against Mike Anderson. I'm just tired of wasting opportunities and being a mediocre basketball program.
I'm sure Mike thinks you're entitled, too.

forrest city joe

Nobody has a Gun to your head making tou watch a Mike Anderson coached team play.if it bothers you that much,go kicks rocks/do something else.tiyr whining and crying about Mike has gotten very old. Mike is going to be the coach here.so you may as well acceot it.and get use to it.and stop your whining in every thread.

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 18, 2018, 02:24:03 pm
I agree about the need for Beard to play well. My issue is that there are times he tries to cheat on the help side defense and is late to recover or rotate back to his man.

He has played well the past two games.
In fairness this was a problem with all the guards, they would literally leave the best 3 point shooter to double a post guy who was no threat, and then stand and watch when the ball was swung out to the shooter, or make some lame late attempt of diving out there after the ball was already in flight.

KlubhouseKonnected

If you believe that your problem with Mike Anderson is not personal then you are the only one.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 18, 2018, 03:39:26 pm
If you believe that your problem with Mike Anderson is not personal then you are the only one.

I don't believe it is personal with Ice.  He has jumped on and off the bandwagon a lot.  But I haven't seen him make it personal.  Misguided opinions sometimes perhaps.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 18, 2018, 11:29:50 am

People like him refuse to see it.  It doesn’t fit their narrative that Coach Anderson can’t coach.  They’d rather live in their fantasy world where someone who can neither coach nor recruit continues to win.  Go figure!

The_Iceman

If my support or lack of was personal, it would be set in stone. Like a Democrat against Trump. My opinion of Mike Anderson has to do with results, not nostalgia.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 18, 2018, 04:39:39 pm
If my support or lack of was personal, it would be set in stone. Like a Democrat against Trump. My opinion of Mike Anderson has to do with results, not nostalgia.

It's not personal with ice. I can say that much about it. He might change his mind next season. He use to be pro Mike.

la20688

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 18, 2018, 04:39:39 pm
If you would have added "or a Republican against Obama", your statement might be more believeable.

The_Iceman

Quote from: la20688 on February 18, 2018, 06:29:08 pm
If you would have added "or a Republican against Obama", your statement might be more believeable.

That statement is also true, but it's also 2 years ago. I just mentioned Trump because it's what is on tv 24 hours a day. With most in politics, it really doesn't matter that the other side says or does, they will be against it.

That's not the way it is with me and Mike Anderson. With FCJ, he will support Mike Anderson no matter what happens. If Mike makes a solid NCAA Tournament run, my opinion of him will change.

If Mike doesn't make a run this year with an NBA 1st Round Center, 6 seniors, and 2 All-SEC guards...the likelihood of us ever getting to that level looks unlikely in the foreseeable future.

latrops

Actually it is both sides constantly trying to instigate arguments.  It is perfectly reasonable to be happy with the job Anderson is doing given that we are making the NCAAT more frequently.  It is also reasonable to be frustrated with the ups and downs and questionable roster management while questioning whether Mike can get us to the sweet 16 or better.

Chorizo Hogriguez

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 18, 2018, 06:39:08 pm
That statement is also true, but it's also 2 years ago. I just mentioned Trump because it's what is on tv 24 hours a day. With most in politics, it really doesn't matter that the other side says or does, they will be against it.

That's not the way it is with me and Mike Anderson. With FCJ, he will support Mike Anderson no matter what happens. If Mike makes a solid NCAA Tournament run, my opinion of him will change.

If Mike doesn't make a run this year with an NBA 1st Round Center, 6 seniors, and 2 All-SEC guards...the likelihood of us ever getting to that level looks unlikely in the foreseeable future.

is not as bad as smoke inhalation man!

count you're blessings!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Chorizo Hogriguez on February 18, 2018, 06:52:22 pm
is not as bad as smoke inhalation man!

count you're blessings!

Don't bring up smoke inhalation. (SPOILER ALERT for This Is Us) Still getting over the recent This Is Us episode. 😢

Kevin

Seems coach Anderson used the bench to motivate some players to play they way he wants.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pigsear

I don't think it's personal, I think he's just being truthful.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: latrops on February 18, 2018, 06:43:22 pm
Actually it is both sides constantly trying to instigate arguments.  It is perfectly reasonable to be happy with the job Anderson is doing given that we are making the NCAAT more frequently.  It is also reasonable to be frustrated with the ups and downs and questionable roster management while questioning whether Mike can get us to the sweet 16 or better.

Agree with your post here. Not really sure how anyone can dislike Mike Anderson and root against him..He's as solid as it gets when it comes to honesty and integrity. Very professional  almost perfect.

It's reasonable to be disappointed in what he has done to this point. We really need to finish this season off in a great way. Joe does seem to be way more about Coach Anderson than the Hogs..Not a knock just an opinion. I hope we can all pull together but the constant calling people out is not helping and is not a good thing.

We need to stop calling people out when we lose or when we win. In fairness to Joe he is constantly called out by people who don't like him. Wish it would stop but it is the world we live in now.

I was so excited I drove up and watched when Mike was introduced as HC..I am called a hater and a racist for criticizing Mike??? I don't get it.

My biggest complaint on Mike is he doesn't challenge the refs enough. With Hall and Gabe O  coming on and maybe Jones we are a dangerous team. I am enjoying the way we are playing! Everybody should be have a good time watching us play!!

Pigsear

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 18, 2018, 08:47:50 pm
Agree with your post here. Not really sure how anyone can dislike Mike Anderson and root against him..He's as solid as it gets when it comes to honesty and integrity. Very professional  almost perfect.

It's reasonable to be disappointed in what he has done to this point. We really need to finish this season off in a great way. Joe does seem to be way more about Coach Anderson than the Hogs..Not a knock just an opinion. I hope we can all pull together but the constant calling people out is not helping and is not a good thing.

We need to stop calling people out when we lose or when we win. In fairness to Joe he is constantly called out by people who don't like him. Wish it would stop but it is the world we live in now.

I was so excited I drove up and watched when Mike was introduced as HC..I am called a hater and a racist for criticizing Mike??? I don't get it.

My biggest complaint on Mike is he doesn't challenge the refs enough. With Hall and Gabe O  coming on and maybe Jones we are a dangerous team. I am enjoying the way we are playing! Everybody should be have a good time watching us play!!
People get tired of him calling anyone that doesn't agree with everything Mike does haters. I'm 58 years old, been a hog fan all my life. I hope they win every game the rest of the way and win the National Championship. If they do, that doesn't excuse the bad loses in the middle of the season, when it was obvious he didn't have them ready to play. He deserves criticism for those games.

GuvHog

Say what you want but Iceman is right.

This team is not a young team, it's a veteran team with 6 Seniors and a Center who will likely be a first round draft pick. This team has the talent and experience to make a deep run in the NCAA Tournament and I really hope they do it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Pigsear on February 18, 2018, 09:02:25 pm
People get tired of him calling anyone that doesn't agree with everything Mike does haters. I'm 58 years old, been a hog fan all my life. I hope they win every game the rest of the way and win the National Championship. If they do, that doesn't excuse the bad loses in the middle of the season, when it was obvious he didn't have them ready to play. He deserves criticism for those games.
Agree I also criticize when we don't play well. I just think we are starting to get more points from more people and that's huge. Hall and Gabe O are really contributing especially on defense. And CJ looked ready yesterday. I get it though.

LivingLegends

Quote from: Pigsear on February 18, 2018, 09:02:25 pm
You're unreasonable.  You literally just said we could win a natty and you'd bitch.

Pigsear

Quote from: LivingLegends on February 19, 2018, 07:58:51 pm
You're unreasonable.  You literally just said we could win a natty and you'd bitch.
No I literally didn't say if we won a natty I would bitch, I would be very happy if we won it all. But next time he comes out with his head in his ass, and doesn't have them ready to play, you can bet i'm going to bitch.