Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting line-up

Started by parallaxpig, February 11, 2018, 07:30:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Quote from: hogwild04 on February 14, 2018, 10:23:41 pm
Freshman Bryce Bonnin can play the field and hit with the best of them as well.  He was ranked the #1 Short Stop in Texas by Perfect Game and was originally recruited as a infielder/ outfielder.  DHV said had a good fall hitting and held his own. With so much depth in the field ( DVH stated it was wearing him down, working both ways. so agreed to concentrate on pitching, he has only pitched 2 seasons,) and DVH said since he has just been pitching he has been electric and has potential to be one of the best, very athletic)  Though with a 97 mph fastball, hard to justify not pitching, though DVH mentioned he may go back to a 2 way guy next season.
I was excited to see what Bonnin could do as a potential 2 way player, but can understand only having him focus on pitching this year with so much depth on the offense.  I could definitely see him fit in at closer with an electric 95+ fastball and an upper 80s slider.  That is the making of an elite pitcher.

Also can't forget that he hit over .300 in the California summer league and almost hit for as good of an average as Fletcher or Lee and we all know the expectations we have for them.  Already knowing that we have a core on offense of Fletcher, McFarland, Lee (I'm assuming he returns even though he is DE), Kjerstad, Turney, and Bonnin is exciting moving forward.