Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson....

Started by maddox073, January 06, 2018, 05:44:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox073

Is a joke, we just fired a football coach for being mediocre.  Why does Mikey get so many free passes?

BannerMountainMan

There's a difference in being 4-8 and having NCAA tourney teams recently
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

navyhog24

We are coming out flat way too much lately. WTH is going on?

arkfan81

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 05:53:46 pm
There's a difference in being 4-8 and having NCAA tourney teams recently

Senior team that looks awful on the road, again.
Have faith...

AFWarrior83

I haven't lost faith in MA, but we're being outclassed tonight.
Hogville member since 2005.

tchog1956

Man - I had high hope for this team but we are regressing every game...

BannerMountainMan

I remember this same thing last season against Mizzou then look what happened
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HOGINTENNESSEE

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 06, 2018, 05:57:46 pm
I love the overreaction.
They're not Razorback fans. We started off 1-3 in the SEC last year. They just want to get people fired up.

arkfan81

I love the overreaction.

Down 17, with a senior team. Being beat in every phase of the game.
Have faith...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: arkfan81 on January 06, 2018, 05:59:58 pm

And we will rebound and have a good record.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 06, 2018, 05:59:43 pm
We started off 1-3 in the SEC last year.

Exactly, losing road games to top 25 RPI teams happen

arkfan81

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 06, 2018, 06:01:20 pm
And we will rebound and have a good record.

You get these problems with a young team. For a senior team, there's no excuse. You wanna dance, you can't have games like these.
Have faith...

code red

Quote from: maddox073 on January 06, 2018, 05:44:06 pm
Is a joke, we just fired a football coach for being mediocre.  Why does Mikey get so many free passes?
There is no doubt.  He did nothing to prepare us tonight.  His defense is actually worse than the Cheifs.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Letsroll1200

Quote from: arkfan81 on January 06, 2018, 06:03:26 pm
You get these problems with a young team. For a senior team, there's no excuse. You wanna dance, you can't have games like these.

Lol... You guys are clueless and some of you are classless. Long season

TushCrush

Quote from: arkfan81 on January 06, 2018, 05:59:58 pm
I think that bear has us.
Time for Mike to whoop that bear like he's always said he would.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 06, 2018, 06:02:31 pm
Exactly, losing road games to top 25 RPI teams happen

Well so does losing to sub 75 RPI teams (see Tuesday at Starkville)

nwahogfan1

Auburn has athletes. Many who look like football players. We are trying to rebound against them but they are too physical. 

I hear the optimist who say we will rebound and have a good record but unless we do Rebound better and get more physical against these bigger teams we will go 500.

Zero inside game.  Our 3 guards are finding out about how physical teams will guard them.  Let's see if they get tougher.

code red

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 05:57:41 pm
I remember this same thing last season against Mizzou then look what happened
What happened?  Qualifying shouldn't be good enough.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

cardsNhogs

Top 20 Talent on this roster but.....

code red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 06:05:32 pm
Classless?  What r we doing here?  Talent is there .

tomw

Be lucky to qualify at this rate...outclassed out coached

pigmania

This team does not know how to motivate itself or create it's up tempo style on their own, on the road. They are way too dependent on the Bud Walton crowd.

BigHog396

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 06:05:32 pm
Same ole story... 7th verse.

Some of us just have high enough basketball IQs to be able to realize that after seeing the same fundamental problems for 7 straight years (lots of us had determined this years before we got to year 7), with every grouping of players the coach has been able to get, that this thing is never going to get us back to being nationally relevant.

If Mike can't get this fixed now, it's time to cut the cord and try someone else.  The majority of our fan base is not interested in having a program that is just hoping to make the dance every year... we expect deep runs in the dance, and having those consistently.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 06, 2018, 06:20:35 pm
Same ole story... 7th verse.

Some of us just have high enough basketball IQs to be able to realize that after seeing the same fundamental problems for 7 straight years (lots of us had determined this years before we got to year 7), with every grouping of players the coach has been able to get, that this thing is never going to get us back to being nationally relevant.

If Mike can't get this fixed now, it's time to cut the cord and try someone else.  The majority of our fan base is not interested in having a program that is just hoping to make the dance every year... we expect deep runs in the dance, and having those consistently.
Where do you coach or play? With your basketball IQ, so called, you gotta be making millions and piling up championships.

HawgHeadCheese

I think Khalil Garland not playing is the biggest reason we're struggling. Our guards are playing way too many minutes which affects us playing the fastest 40.

jcul28

Sad that A. Beard is one of the 3 "best" options we have.

Tortfeasor

I love the overreaction.

It's not overreaction when out coached 3 games in a row. I'm not giving up, but our offense is horrible.

pigmania

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 06, 2018, 06:27:26 pm
I think Khalil Garland not playing is the biggest reason we're struggling. Our guards are playing way too many minutes which affects us playing the fastest 40.
We can play the fastest 40 in Bud Walton, but on the road, it's the slow and blow it 40 show.

oldbooniehog

Why are any of you upset?

In 26 or 27 years, depending on if you go with 1991 or 1992 as the join date for the SEC, here's what Arkansas has accomplished in SEC play in basketball, baseball and football comibined.

ONE SEC title.

That was in basketball, 18 years ago.

Arkansas somehow won an NCAA NationaL Championshp in 1994.

That's pretty much been it for more than a quarter century in basketball, football and baseball combined, since joining the SEC.

Why are any of you dismayed or surprised?

Being second rate is what Arkansas is best at!

arkfan81

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 06, 2018, 06:50:01 pm

In 26 or 27 years, depending on if you go with 1991 or 1992 as the join date for the SEC, here's what Arkansas has accomplished in SEC play in basketball, baseball and football comibined.

ONE SEC title.

That's pretty much been it for more than a quarter century in basketball, football and baseball combined, since joining the SEC.

Your right, but I hate losing. Period.
Have faith...

Razorback_Mack

ONE SEC title.

Wrong. Won the SEC in baseball in 1999 and 2004. Get your facts straight old man. We've als been to the CWS 4 times in that time period which is much more prestigious than winning the SEC. Get them facts straight old man.

razorpimp

ONE SEC title.

Second rate is the result with weak athletic directors and boosters that meddle....thus mediocre mike

code red

ONE SEC title.

So.....your saying we should be able to be Auburn in basketball.

code red

Houston, MSU, Auburn......beat us soundly.  Folks say we are soundly in the dance....are either stupid or hi.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: code red on January 06, 2018, 06:59:32 pm
Houston, MSU, Auburn......beat us soundly.  Folks say we are soundly in the dance....are either stupid or hi.

You're stupid... If you don't think the Hogs are in.

arkfan81

Classless and clueless I'd say..
Have faith...

razorpimp

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 07:02:12 pm
You're stupid... If you don't think the Hogs are in.

Oh we are in...for now....probably a 7-8 seed now, probably matched up against UNC

BannerMountainMan

we've beat top 10 Oklahoma, #15 ATM Minnesota, top 25 Tennessee, gave UCONN their worst loss in history and some people think we are in the dance

code red

HeyHogs

Quote from: maddox073 on January 06, 2018, 05:44:06 pm
Hogville never disappoints.

You're an I D I O T

BigHog396

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 06, 2018, 06:25:10 pm
Where do you coach or play? With your basketball IQ, so called, you gotta be making millions and piling up championships.
Wow... what a snappy response.  Such great insight and analysis!

Get a life.

BrickTwnHog

Quote from: navyhog24 on January 06, 2018, 05:55:31 pm
We are coming out flat way too much lately. WTH is going on?

The great Mike Anderson

... Pattern

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 06, 2018, 07:07:40 pm
Wow... what a snappy response.  Such great insight and analysis!

Get a life.
I've got a life. I don't get on message boards and bash coaches during the middle of 30+ game season. Only an idiot with no life would do that. And someone that has one iota of basketball IQ wouldn't do that.

I guess your answer is nowhere? Big IQ there guy.

Hogcephus

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 06, 2018, 06:54:38 pm
Wrong. Won the SEC in baseball in 1999 and 2004. Get your facts straight old man. We've als been to the CWS 4 times in that time period which is much more prestigious than winning the SEC. Get them facts straight old man.
Exactly!

GA reddiehog

Not a well coached team!!!!  CMA needs to go.  Maybe our new AD will correct another of Long's mistakes.

Hogcephus

Knot2brite

Mike Anderson isn't going anywhere and hasn't been about to go anywhere since the day he was hired. I don't care who the AD is or what changes are occurring in the athletic department ...MA is staying and he won't leave until he wants to...everyone knew that when he was hired and why he won't be as well
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

zebradynasty

Coaching change not even mid way through the season! No matter how stupid the world gets I can count of hogville to prove just how stupid the world can still get!

MA needs to get more leadership out of his seniors. Standing around on offense and turnovers is killing us offensively. I think we got a few players looking too much to improve their draft stock. Early this season the team was humming when we moved and shared the basketball. Need to get back to that and the seniors should be the ones leading the way.