Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A huge razorback fan passed away at the game last night

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 17, 2017, 01:37:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

December 17, 2017, 01:37:26 pm Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:51:17 pm by bigpigpimpin
Von Anderson of Batesville collapsed and passed away in Verizon arena last night. Huge hog fan but an even better person. Prayers for the family.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

99toLife

Prayers from my family to their family and friends.  Very Sad.

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

f20hog

I noticed when we were leaving EMT's were helping a man in the concourse leaning against the wall.
My cousin lost her husband a few years ago in Bud Walton due to a aneurism.
Thoughts and prayers with all involved.

1highhog

So sad to hear, I was at the game and was not aware anything like this happened.  Prayers for the family.

WorfHog

Sad to hear, but if I had to choose, cheering for the Hogs isn't a bad way to go.

hogfanny

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 17, 2017, 01:37:26 pm
Von Anderson of Batesville collapsed and passed away in Verizon arena last night. Huge hog fan but an even better person. Prayers for the family.
There was no better man than VON...RIP man, will see you on the other side.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Word to hear this. Prayers sent for his family and friends!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AugustaHog

Tusker4life

Prayers....

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 17, 2017, 01:37:26 pm
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

NWAHog479

Ugly Uncle

I didn't know him, but I know several people that do know him.  Sounds like he was a great man.
Retired Radio Host

HawgWild

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 1highhog on December 17, 2017, 03:50:04 pm
So sad to hear, I was at the game and was not aware anything like this happened.  Prayers for the family.
Hogs up! Covid down!

AndyHog

Thank each and everyone of you for the kind words for my father , I know he was on this page but I'm not sure that he ever posted on here. Here is the link to the obituary

http://www.rollerfuneralhomes.com/services.asp?page=odetail&id=47170&locid=7

nearhogfan

I knew Von fairly well from working with him.  He will be missed.  He was a great man.

hoglady

I was also at the game and was unaware of anything like this happening.

So very sad.
Prayers for the family.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawgmasta

I'm sorry to hear that, sounds like an awesome man! Condolences