Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justice Hill

Started by NWAHog479, December 15, 2017, 09:19:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWAHog479

What are his football offers looking like at the moment? Not going to be shocked if he goes this route in college.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: NWAHog479 on December 15, 2017, 09:19:13 am
What are his football offers looking like at the moment? Not going to be shocked if he goes this route in college.

Unless he's added one I'm not aware it's just Howard at this time.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 15, 2017, 09:25:13 am
Unless he's added one I'm not aware it's just Howard at this time.

Could that be due, in large part, to the fact that he is committed to the Hogs in basketball and has been for at least a year?
Hogs up! Covid down!

#1 STUNNA

if he plays 2 sports it will be for the razorbacks.

Pork Ranger

NWAHog479

If he only has the offer from Howard, do you know who has been in contact or expressed interest? Thanks.

johnnyrotten

I Thought his name was Justin Hill, that's what Randy Rainwater told me anyway.

Johnny Bobo

he is thinking about playing both sports, per his dad

Pumbaa

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on December 15, 2017, 11:33:41 am
he is thinking about playing both sports, per his dad

If so, that will open up another bball scholarship correct?

jgphillips3

NoogaHog

Quote from: Pumbaa on December 15, 2017, 01:27:22 pm

Yes. If he plays football at all he will have to be on a FB scholly. Because of that, if he plays football he wouldn't be available to the BB team until FB season has ended unless there is some kind of agreement made. Football would have priority because that is who is paying the bills. If we were to make a bowl game, he couldn't join the team until possibly January. I am not sure, but I doubt he would be able to practice with the BB team between the last season game and the bowl game. Now the coaches can probably make some kind of agreement about that, but with scholarships already tight, I could not see CCM spending a scholarship on a kid that is only going to be with the team 8 weeks.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pumbaa on December 15, 2017, 01:27:22 pm
Yes... NCAA rules make football eat this one... I always wondered why Kentucky, Duke and UNC didn't rape this rule in BB...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MissippHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 15, 2017, 05:44:37 pm
Yes... NCAA rules make football eat this one... I always wondered why Kentucky, Duke and UNC didn't rape this rule in BB...
Ummm.....

NoogaHog

December 16, 2017, 11:06:53 am #13 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:18:30 am by NoogaHog
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 15, 2017, 05:44:37 pm

Is there a roster limit in BB as well as a scholly limit? You probably can't have more than 2-3 active walk-ons. Just a guess. Too busy (or lazy) to do the research.

Can you imagine what a Hawgball style full court press would look like if you had 20-25 bodies to run out there? It would be incredible! Hockey style line changes every 2-3 minutes. No worries about foul trouble so foul away! We would own the second half.

Let's do it. Not pure basketball, but would be interesting to watch.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

HOGS82

Quote from: NoogaHog on December 16, 2017, 11:06:53 am
Is there a roster limit in BB as well as a scholly limit? You probably can't have more than 2-3 active walk-ons. Just a guess. Too busy (or lazy) to do the research.

13 scholarship players and 3 walk-ons I believe.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

jgphillips3

Quote from: HOGS82 on December 16, 2017, 11:13:47 am
13 scholarship players and 3 walk-ons I believe.

The Kentucky football team better be thankful for that.  They might have trouble fielding 22 on Saturdays with all the rest at basketball practice otherwise.