Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most 4-star & 5-star commitments by school Dec. 14:

Started by BR, December 14, 2017, 09:11:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Most 4-star & 5-star commitments by school Dec. 14:   The rich keep getting richer....
#OhioState 19
#Longhorns 17
#Canes 15
#PennState & #Auburn 14
#Sooners 13 #LSU 12
#UGA & #Alabama 11
#Michigan #Oregon & #GigEm 10
#VirginiaTech 9
#Clemson 8
#SouthCarolina #Gators #UCLA #USC #Louisville & #TCU 7
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

nwahogs

bville_hog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: nwahogs on December 14, 2017, 09:48:28 am
And here come the stars don't matter camp

Texas has not had less than a top 10 recruiting class ever... I promise you that there are many, many HS kids who play, but are not going to be measured by any of these services, especially in Arkansas. I truly don't believe the services can accurately calculate the incalculable, and you and the name callers cannot convince me, nor can you make it true...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jgphillips3

Quote from: bville_hog on December 14, 2017, 10:10:16 am
Texas is where 4&5 stars go to disappear.

It is like the Bermuda triangle of football talent.

195bc

Quote from: BR on December 14, 2017, 09:11:14 am
Most 4-star & 5-star commitments by school Dec. 14:   The rich keep getting richer....
#OhioState 19
#Longhorns 17
#Canes 15
#PennState & #Auburn 14
#Sooners 13 #LSU 12
#UGA & #Alabama 11
#VirginiaTech 9
#Clemson 8

Where are you getting your info? Are you taking the best rating from all the sites? Because if you use 247, those numbers don't add up. For example, Louisville only has three, VT has four, TCU has five, Michigan has eight, etc.

BR

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 14, 2017, 10:11:10 am
Texas has not had less than a top 10 recruiting class ever... I promise you that there are many, many HS kids who play, but are not going to be measured by any of these services, especially in Arkansas. I truly don't believe the services can accurately calculate the incalculable, and you and the name callers cannot convince me, nor can you make it true...
I don't disagree with this... I just thought it was interesting as all of the Teams listed except Florida are all going to a Bowl Game..  I think it does help somewhat, but if you have a coach that can develop the hard working Blue Collar 2 & 3 star kids it works just fine...   Iowa State this year is a great example of that. 2016/2017 All 2 & 3 Star Kids.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: nwahogs on December 14, 2017, 09:48:28 am
And here come the stars don't matter camp

Yeah... I can't tell you how much I hate this lame excuse for sorry recruiting. It's always followed by " we get guys that fit OUR system." As if 90% of the 5-star athletes couldn't fit ANY system.

hawgdavis

I would take Georgias class full of highly rated Ga players and lay the smack down on all the rest of those teams. Ga produces the best football talent in the nation maybe not the most but by far the best. Ga is going to be hard to beat for a long long time , they are now keeping the best in the state at home. We need 4-6 players from there every year if not more.

Bubba's Bruisers

We sure love arguing the exceptions around here, don't we?

Quote from: BR on December 14, 2017, 10:38:48 am
I don't disagree with this... I just thought it was interesting as all of the Teams listed except Florida are all going to a Bowl Game..  I think it does help somewhat, but if you have a coach that can develop the hard working Blue Collar 2 & 3 star kids it works just fine...   Iowa State this year is a great example of that. 2016/2017 All 2 & 3 Star Kids.

We'll sure, IAST is a great example if you want to be a 7-5 Big10 team.  If it wants, UA can be all over 7-5 every year with a good coach, because, by and large, that's what our 3 stars get us.  7-5.  And lately, not even that.

The offer sheet is probably the best predictor of potential.  It just so happens that, typically, the number of stars assigned to a recruit coincide with the quality of the offer sheet.  Soooooo, most just speak in terms of stars, because it's just easier to convey.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

aloha_kid

Quote from: BR on December 14, 2017, 09:11:14 am
#OhioState 19
#Longhorns 17
#Canes 15
#PennState & #Auburn 14
#Sooners 13 #LSU 12
#UGA & #Alabama 11
#VirginiaTech 9
#Clemson 8

ooking at that list one can clearly see there are several teams that consistently do less with more.

ChicoHog

No reason we shouldn't be able to get between 7-10 4 stars each class.  Good recruiters can do it, even to Arkansas. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 14, 2017, 06:44:28 pm
No reason we shouldn't be able to get between 7-10 4 stars each class.  Good recruiters can do it, even to Arkansas.
this.

10 4 stars
10 3 stars
1 five star
1 2 star

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

nwahogs

So you're saying if Alabama coaches and Arkansas coaches switched teams, Arkansas would be in the playoffs now and Alabama wouldn't be?

MissippHog

That would be great, but according to 247 we have only had 1 season where we hauled in 7 four stars since 2000. 

#1 STUNNA

Next1_04

Ohio state got murdered by Iowa with their 5 Stars. Just saying.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 15, 2017, 10:42:18 am
Ohio state got murdered by Iowa with their 5 Stars. Just saying.

LOL! 

Yes, 1 game tells the story.  Sure, they're players are no better than our players.  I mean tosu will likely be in the playoff more years than not, so whatever.  Given that, I expect CM to match tosu's success with our players.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

#1 STUNNA

Con el Cerdos

when?

Next1_04

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 15, 2017, 10:45:36 am
LOL! 

Yes, 1 game tells the story.  Sure, they're players are no better than our players.  I mean tosu will likely be in the playoff more years than not, so whatever.  Given that, I expect CM to match tosu's success with our players.

It was a quite compelling story, Power House full of 5 Stars dismantled, eaten, and shat out by a 7-5 Iowa team. Full of 5 stars, from your view point , should never lose.

HamGrowsOnTrees

Texas has not had less than a top 10 recruiting class ever... I promise you that there are many, many HS kids who play, but are not going to be measured by any of these services, especially in Arkansas. I truly don't believe the services can accurately calculate the incalculable, and you and the name callers cannot convince me, nor can you make it true... a good coach in forever until Herman came in. They will decimate the silly12 this year.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 15, 2017, 12:23:12 pm
It was a quite compelling story, Power House full of 5 Stars dismantled, eaten, and shat out by a 7-5 Iowa team. Full of 5 stars, from your view point , should never lose.

I offered no such view point. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 15, 2017, 11:31:51 am
maybe 2 5 stars next year
burks and henry SHOULD be 5* but we'll see. We'll get another 5* as well.

Muskliketusk

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 15, 2017, 01:16:50 pmas has not had less than a top 10 recruiting class ever... I promise you that there are many, many HS kids who play, but are not going to be measured by any of these services, especially in Arkansas. I truly don't believe the services can accurately calculate the incalculable, and you and the name callers cannot convince me, nor can you make it true... a good coach in forever until Herman came in. They will decimate the silly12 this year.

Yeah that ain't happening. They still ain't gotta QB and losing most of there D plus there only good OL. They'll be following Aggies lead and poaching an actual elite coach in a few years.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2017, 02:20:20 pm
burks and henry SHOULD be 5* but we'll see. We'll get another 5* as well.

Gunnell would go nice with Burks and Henry.

#1 STUNNA