Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andy Katz's Power 36

Started by Cmheinley, December 11, 2017, 09:37:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmheinley

#26 Arkansas

The Hogs continue to look like a team that will be tough to stamp out in the SEC. Arkansas has made Bud Walton Arena a place no one wants to go after dispatching Colorado State and Minnesota the past week. Tennessee will find out how difficult a spot this will be when they open the SEC in Fayetteville at the end of the month

popcornhog

Quote from: Cmheinley on December 11, 2017, 09:37:32 am
#26 Arkansas

The Hogs continue to look like a team that will be tough to stamp out in the SEC. Arkansas has made Bud Walton Arena a place no one wants to go after dispatching Colorado State and Minnesota the past week. Tennessee will find out how difficult a spot this will be when they open the SEC in Fayetteville at the end of the month

Sounds about right. Once the AP/Coaches come out, I figure we'll be right around 26ish with a chance to move up this week, by default if anybody loses.

Bud's gonna be rockin for Tennessee when we get into conference play.
WPS

hawgmasta

Quote from: popcornhog on December 11, 2017, 09:46:14 am
Sounds about right. Once the AP/Coaches come out, I figure we'll be right around 26ish with a chance to move up this week, by default if anybody loses.

Bud's gonna be rockin for Tennessee when we get into conference play.

I hope Tennessee continues to win because I feel like we could run them out of bud and start off SEC play with a statement.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hawgmasta on December 11, 2017, 10:29:50 am
I hope Tennessee continues to win because I feel like we could run them out of bud and start off SEC play with a statement.

cardsNhogs

We didn't even receive votes in the last polls. We beat a Minn team that won't even be in the top 25 this week. I can't see us moving up that far to 26. I say 32-35 range.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: cardsNhogs on December 11, 2017, 11:36:56 am
We didn't even receive votes in the last polls. We beat a Minn team that won't even be in the top 25 this week. I can't see us moving up that far to 26. I say 32-35 range.

I'm with you on this one. A lot of voters in these polls are in the big media markets especially out east. They don't know much about Arkansas except the stereotypical stuff they have seen and heard, most of it from TV. I know this because I happened to let my wife talk me into going on a cruise with her. The cruise departed out of NYC.

Typical dinner conversation:

Question from old NYC couple to young obviously in love couple from LA "Oh, how was your flight" "how was the weather in LA"

Question from same old NYC couple to me and the wife "so, where are you guys from?"

Me and the wife  "Arkansas"

Old NYC couple "Oh, how did you all get all the way up here?"
Hogs up! Covid down!

Nosboar Accubond