Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has there been a strength and conditioning coach we liked?

Started by mj4president, December 08, 2017, 02:05:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Also, why do all seem to have the same methods and programs? Seem like they are all clones.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

AHorseWithNoName

"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

Turminator

Are you kidding hogville proclaimed the last 3 strength coaches as all world best of the the best when each arrived, and went wild over the before and after pics...  like anyone actually knows what makes a good s&c coach on here

OtterHog

Less stupid offseason hype videos, more actual results.

Not being pushed around by EVERY conference team and being gassed by the 4th quarter would be a start.

I don't care who we hire or how flashy he is, as long as he gets that done.

lakecityhog

Quote from: Turminator on December 08, 2017, 03:24:07 pm
Are you kidding hogville proclaimed the last 3 strength coaches as all world best of the the best when each arrived, and went wild over the before and after pics...  like anyone actually knows what makes a good s&c coach on here

TRUTH! and this guy will be no different 2 days after he leaves. Hogville the place where heroes become zeros in a minute or less!

jrulz83

This is the graph I developed on strength coach love on Hogville. As you can see, it starts out a love fest and quickly moves in negative territory. This curve has held true for the last three strength coaches:

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Our problem is that many Hogvillers are folks that would stand in line all night to be first at wasting their money on the latest I-phone or drive 300 miles one way to own the first latest creation in footware by Nike in town because that Nike model hasn't reached town yet.

Here is what many posted when Bret was first hired.  OMG, his team went to 3 rose bowls,  OMG, best hire ever, now we got the best coach and whats really important, the best assistant staff ever for Arkansas and some even declared the best staff ever gathered in college football.  We will never suffer for linemen on either side of the ball again.  This coach created the model for finding and training the absolute best linemen on both sides of the ball.  This staff will make everyone throw rocks at the Petrino staff.  And, this power football thing will wear down teams and we'll just carry the rock with some of the best RBs nationwide falling all over themselves to come here and run the ball.  Everyone had to be the first to declare how great thou are.  The expectations were so overblown that when the truth hit nearly every hogviller was going to be forced to eat horrible amounts of crow and that much crow was choking the hell right out of the rank and file.  We had defenders of their totally incorrect assumptions and declarations right up until the past 4 weeks.  When ole Jeffie got the ax, there was mourning a plenty and many folks got downright defensive.  It is difficult to be forced to admit stupidity and most of us can only be dragged to it.  By the time Bret got his, nearly everyone knew it was coming and was prepared with some post denying any involvement in the making of being Bret Bielema in the early years.  A dynasty that never occurred was finally brought to its death and what a blessing it was.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Wildhog on December 08, 2017, 06:04:03 pm
I liked Veltkamp.
Was just about to post this.  Other than Knile Davis I don't remember many injuries.   Players were dropping like flies on the last guy's watch.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

LawyerHog50

I liked Veltkamp.

This. I liked how the players were rewarded with a killer sledgehammer-rock task for their hard work. He focused on their core, their speed, and mental toughness.

He made them mean, quick and fast. They won a lot of games in the fourth quarter.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

razortrack

George Williford was up there during my days. Super nice guy. Wonder where he is.

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

allhogislost

Veltcamp still at N.C. state? I remember he was still well liked at the end of his tenure.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

pigture perfect

Quote from: IronHog on December 08, 2017, 07:05:44 pm
Cedric Cobbs had a great NFL career at 275 🙄
yeah, but Decker acknowledged that, and he did great things with the other Backs. You honestly can't complain about the stretch of rb's we had.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

supersaint

Coach Stucky was the best.  This is well worth the watch.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ridgehog23

Just hired "Big Bad Booty Dappy". Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner

atekido

I don't really think they have been bad more than the gap in 1st string and 2nd string with our players vs teams who are consistently getting top recruiting classes. specifically on the Oline and all defensive positions we have had no depth for several years going back multiple coaches in those areas.  It is better to have fresh bodies with little drop off in performance than the most conditioned players that have to stay in to long.

supersaint

coach Stucky was at Tennessee during their dominant run under Fulmer.  He had a bit of a falling out with Coach Ford and left to join his old friend Phil at Tennessee.  uSC's Head strenght Coach was a GA under Stucky at Arkansas. Coach Carlisle was awesome.

http://usctrojans.com/coaches.aspx?rc=355&path=football

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 08, 2017, 06:55:24 pm
This. I liked how the players were rewarded with a killer sledgehammer-rock task for their hard work. He focused on their core, their speed, and mental toughness.

He made them mean, quick and fast. They won a lot of games in the fourth quarter.

He was good and who was here under Nutt ??
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

I liked when Herbert fed pizza, beer, and cheesecake to a house plant to prove a point. /s

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: allhogislost on December 08, 2017, 07:57:02 pm
Veltcamp still at N.C. state? I remember he was still well liked at the end of his tenure.

Cleveland Browns this year I think

Hugo Bezdek

IronMountainHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 02:41:50 pm
I liked when Herbert fed pizza, beer, and cheesecake to a house plant to prove a point. /s
Bielema just got fatter and lazier when it was fed to him.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 11, 2017, 02:38:30 pm
He was good and who was here under Nutt ??

I believe it was Decker here with nutty but honestly can't remember for certain.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

supersaint

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 11, 2017, 03:32:13 pm
I believe it was Decker here with nutty but honestly can't remember for certain.

It was.  Decker was here under Stucky and then Virgil Knight. 

IronHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 11, 2017, 03:32:13 pm

Hence the term "Deckerized"

In Nutts/Deckers defense they learned their lesson on trying to overbulk players.

CabotHog87

Quote from: IronHog on December 11, 2017, 03:53:14 pm

Hence the term "Deckerized"

In Nutts/Deckers defense they learned their lesson on trying to overbulk players.

Should've been Deckerated

davehog

I liked Veltkamp.

This.  Veltkamp was great.  He stressed core strength and balance vs. bulk.  The team did have a different look and seemed less slow overall.  Herbert stressed "leverage" strength. 

Dwyane Wade

Porknoxville

Veltkamp seems like he would fit in well. Even if only for the sledgehammer to the rock - Hammer down.

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.