Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For The First Time

Started by Tony Perkis, December 08, 2017, 08:54:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Perkis

I'm a season ticket holder! Couldn't be more excited for this year. WPS

Knot2brite

Lucky SOB......wish I didn't live 4.5 hours away...I applied for a job in the NWA area this spring and was a finalist but if I lived up there ....every game...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hillbilly

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 08, 2017, 08:54:35 am
Same here. Can't wait!

hogfan14

Me too! Went to a lot of games last year and got tired of standing on the concourse to watch haha

HogFire31

I can't wait for the season to start!!!!!!  Will be making a lot of the games as well.

Birminghog

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 08, 2017, 09:17:27 am
Lucky SOB......wish I didn't live 4.5 hours away...I applied for a job in the NWA area this spring and was a finalist but if I lived up there ....every game...

Lol. I'll see your 4.5 & raise you another 5.5. I get it, though. 4.5 might as well be 20.

Got to see Baum for the first time this summer when I went to see my nephew. It's just as nice as all of you have described, so thanks for encouraging me to see it even if there's no game. Knot2 and I will root from a distance and the rest of you carry us through. WPS.

BroyledNutts

December 10, 2017, 03:05:54 pm #6 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:15:47 am by BroyledNutts

Quote from: hillbilly on December 08, 2017, 09:20:17 am
Same here. Can't wait!

Quote from: hogfan14 on December 08, 2017, 02:03:43 pm
Me too! Went to a lot of games last year and got tired of standing on the concourse to watch haha

Congratulations, guys ... welcome to the family. You're gonna love it.

EDIT: If you're new around here, do yourselves one favor - PM SirPigsaLot (known as SPAL here) and get acquainted with how EI works ... you'll be glad you did once the season starts.

hillbilly

I've been on the board for years. I've also been to a ton of games, at Baum and even traveled to a few. Just never committed to season tickets.

spe450

Season Baseball tickets are the best value on the Hill. I've had mine for almost 10 years. You won't regret it.

Dr. Starcs

Yes season tickets are relatively cheap. But the only spots available are I believe the last two sections down the right and left field lines.

I've never had a problem finding tickets for any game I've wanted to go to and usually wind up in much better seats for the single game price.

I will say the season tickets come in handy during the postseason time when we host.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 10, 2017, 09:53:14 pm
Yes season tickets are relatively cheap. But the only spots available are I believe the last two sections down the right and left field lines.

I've never had a problem finding tickets for any game I've wanted to go to and usually wind up in much better seats for the single game price.

I will say the season tickets come in handy during the postseason time when we host.
I understand where you're coming from. I decided to go with season tickets just so that I don't have to go through the trouble of getting them before every game. It can get tiring!

SPAL

Congrats. It's a great purchase. Honestly,  it's the best thing going as far as return on investment for sporting events.

There is nothing like a baseball game on a warm spring day. Man, I can smell the popcorn and the grass already. Gonna be a great year, gents.

spe450

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 10, 2017, 09:53:14 pm

It depends I suppose.  I got moved up to 115 (first section into left field) from 117 the first year I got tickets.  They called and asked if I'd like to move.  I like the seats so much that I don't ask for "better" seats.  Most people can improve their seats within a year or two.

spe450

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 11, 2017, 03:24:17 pm
Congrats. It's a great purchase. Honestly,  it's the best thing going as far as return on investment for sporting events.

There is nothing like a baseball game on a warm spring day. Man, I can smell the popcorn and the grass already. Gonna be a great year, gents.

Gonna miss the kettle corn smells though, if they aren't included as a part of Baum concessions.

SPAL

Kettle corn is one of the best deals....it's like 5 bucks for a trash bag full. You literally cannot eat it all in one game.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 11, 2017, 03:39:15 pm
Kettle corn is one of the best deals....it's like 5 bucks for a trash bag full. You literally cannot eat it all in one game.
Challenge accepted.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 11, 2017, 03:24:17 pm

And thanks! Looking forward to it. Baseball has been and always will be my favorite sport. I'm used to sitting in the outfield with all the degenerates (including myself). But I'm getting a little older and can't enjoy as many beverages as I used to so I feel the time is right to switch to real seats for most games...I'm sure I'll still find my way out there every now and then.

JS22

Congrats! I'd love to go to the Texas series this season, but unfortunately it's a midweek series and I live 3 and a half hours away!