Started by seasonhog, December 02, 2017, 02:37:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

seasonhog

ipigsooie

Großer Kriegschwein

Didn't even let him finish this game.
This is my non-signature signature.

clutch

I think it was pretty well known, but they couldn't wait another half hour until he got off the field to announce that?

Großer Kriegschwein

The fans are about to be pissed for this overtime.

seasonhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 02, 2017, 02:38:37 pm

What about Norvell.........& spend up for a DC......not bad.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: seasonhog on December 02, 2017, 02:40:22 pm

I was simply talking about the impatience of the NE AD.

seasonhog

Both of these teams would have beaten us by 50 points.......

san1981

Surprised he didn't wait for the Oregon job to open. If Willie Taggart goes to FSU Oregon would be his. He coached there from 2009 to 2015. 

I'd much rather take the Nike U money and realistic fan base than the Nebraska fans who think 1990's with their expectations.

Dominicanhog

They told him they'd give him 60 minutes.. not their fault it went to OT...

King Kong

Quote from: san1981 on December 02, 2017, 02:47:44 pm
Surprised he didn't wait for the Oregon job to open. If Willie Taggart goes to FSU Oregon would be his. He coached there from 2009 to 2015. 

I'd much rather take the Nike U money and realistic fan base than the Nebraska fans who think 1990's with their expectations.

Nebraska guy. He has 90's expectations as well

SooieGeneris

Chavis, Shannon, and a few proven ones are out there. I don't know if Shannon burned any bridges here or not, other than BB maybe.

He was not retained at Fla., would not go back to Miami as DC even if it was open, which it's not. FSU maybe depending on who the HC is hired there.

Chavis may wait to see where Sumlin winds up, but Todd Graham is available and he had Norvell as his assistant at TU and the real ASU.

Give him the budget to hire a good one and roll if Gus says no!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 02, 2017, 03:00:31 pm
Yeah, what a crappy thing to do.

I would directly call the AD and chew his ass out.

HogPharmer

Quote from: san1981 on December 02, 2017, 02:47:44 pm

Alma mater
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

seasonhog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 02, 2017, 02:56:30 pm
Chavis, Shannon, and a few proven ones are out there. I don't know if Shannon burned any bridges here or not, other than BB maybe.

He was not retained at Fla., would not go back to Miami as DC even if it was open, which it's not. FSU maybe depending on who the HC is hired there.

Chavis may wait to see where Sumlin winds up, but Todd Graham is available and he had Norvell as his assistant at TU and the real ASU.

Give him the budget to hire a good one and roll if Gus says no!

Yes! ......and that would be cheaper then Gus.

20gauge

Awkward press conference to follow the game

synthartist69

Are we stupid or what? He took UCF from 0-12 to 12-0 in two years..... any reason why we didn't hire him???

Ironhawg

Not a very classy thing for the Nebraska AD to do.  He could have at least waited until Frost told his UCF players.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 02, 2017, 03:03:43 pm
Are we stupid or what? He took UCF from 0-12 to 12-0 in two years..... any reason why we didn't hire him???

Because we're not Nebraska...

PigInTheHole

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

hawg66

hoghearted

As I understand it, we never had a shot. Was always going to NE.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogFansReunited

He played for Nebraska and pretty much everyone knew that was his dream job and where he was going.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hogfooey

If you would have been paying any attention at all you would know why we didn't hire him
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

JONAS

He played at Nebraska and wanted to go home. 

woo.pig

Nebraska fired their coach during the season to make sure he comes home to his Alma Mater

seasonhog

Quote from: 20gauge on December 02, 2017, 03:03:05 pm
Awkward press conference to follow the game

If Norvell is our coach.....it want be long till we know.

synthartist69

Gotcha guys, I didn't know he was from Nebraska....

BorderPatrol

WE aren't stupid. Just because you had no clue doesn't mean the rest of us didn't.

bp

Pig in the Pokey

if "we" includes you, than, yes, "we" are stupid.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

synthartist69

You are all a bunch of redneck hillbillies....

USChog

Coming in at the at the 11th hour with this insight...oh wait the clock just ticked midnight.

Frost was going to NE the moment the job opened.

synthartist69

Quote from: BorderPatrol on December 02, 2017, 03:06:11 pm
WE aren't stupid. Just because you had no clue doesn't mean the rest of us didn't.

bp
Yeah, well you aren't the brightest idiot on here, but close

USChog

BorderPatrol

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 02, 2017, 03:08:28 pm

Why? Because you asked an ignorant ass question?

bp

synthartist69

Fay-hog

Dang OP. How did we miss that!!!!  Everyone exception Nebraska missed this one.   Weird right

synthartist69

Quote from: BorderPatrol on December 02, 2017, 03:06:11 pm

bp
Thanks for clarifying troll

synthartist69

Quote from: BorderPatrol on December 02, 2017, 03:10:13 pm
Why? Because you asked an ignorant ass question?

bp
No because you are actually a redneck hillbilly

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 02, 2017, 03:08:28 pm
You come in  here.... make a thread without doing any research calling everyone stupid.... someone calls you out on it and you get your feelings hurt and start insulting everyone further..... bravo

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 02, 2017, 03:12:59 pm
You come in  here.... make a thread without doing any research calling everyone stupid.... someone calls you out on it and you get your feelings hurt and start insulting everyone further..... bravo
was a pretty top notch melt!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ur

Read his lips in the fourth quarter asking if Arkansas had called. Shortly after they announced he was going to Nebraska.

clutch

Quote from: seasonhog on December 02, 2017, 03:05:00 pm

If Norvell is our coach.....it want be long till we know.

Whoever our coach ends up being, I hope we at least give them time to tell their team. That was a really messed up thing to do by Nebraska. I mean, they literally had less than another hour to wait until he would have been able to do so. Why break that news during overtime of his championship game?

Semper Hogelis

Same reason it won't be Norvell.  At some point you will need to play defense if you are in the SEC.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on December 02, 2017, 03:19:45 pm
Same reason it won't be Norvell.  At some point you will need to play defense if you are in the SEC.
@Slackaveli

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: ur on December 02, 2017, 03:18:32 pm
Read his lips in the fourth quarter asking if Arkansas had called. Shortly after they announced he was going to Nebraska.

Pics or it didn't happen.