Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Mora fired by UCLA

Started by Hogwild, November 19, 2017, 01:12:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Trying to get into the Chip Kelly sweepstakes. Dont want florida to get him.

JONAS

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 19, 2017, 01:18:42 pm

I would rather he get that job. 

Hogwild

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 19, 2017, 01:18:42 pm

absolutely correct

#1 STUNNA

This has chip kelley all over it!!

ipigsooie

If chip goes to ucla and not Florida there is going to be chaos in the sec hiring cycle. Hope we don't get left without a dance partner.

DZ

They should have let him finish out the season with his seniors, how unclassy..  pfffffffft

Hogwild

Quote from: DZ on November 19, 2017, 01:32:35 pm
They should have let him finish out the season with his seniors, how unclassy..  pfffffffft

Yesterday was his birthday, they fired him on his birthday.

DZ

Quote from: Hogwild on November 20, 2017, 09:32:53 am

Yesterday was his birthday, they fired him on his birthday.
As they should have, bday or not. 

ipigsooie

Chip Kelly can't take the Florida job until after this week. He forfeits 5 million from the niners if he does.

Hawghiggs

I'd be okay with Mora as Arkansas next coach. I know he wouldn't be anyone's #1 target. But he recruited Louisiana and Texas while UCLA's coach.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 20, 2017, 07:59:48 pm
Chip Kelly can't take the Florida job until after this week. He forfeits 5 million from the niners if he does.

I wonder why this week is signifacnt to an NFL contract.   But that's a chunk of money

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 20, 2017, 09:41:52 pm
I wonder why this week is signifacnt to an NFL contract.   But that's a chunk of money

I was thinking that maybe it had to do with the timing of his firing, but he was fired from San Fran in Jan. He was fired from Philly in early Dec. So maybe it somehow would impact his money he was still drawing from Philly. I know it was a weird situation when he got fired, because he was still getting paid by Philly as well. I remember reading an article about this unusual situation. So he was drawing paychecks from 2 teams this year while doing nothing at all.

Hogwild

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

husker71

Please you don't want Mora near our already downtrodden program.  He is another son of a famous coach who has been fired from every HC position he has had.