Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Early Signing Period, firing Coaches Earlier

Started by BR, October 19, 2017, 12:18:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

New Early Signing Period will make firing Coaches Earlier important, if they want recruits in that December time frame....   Something to think about. If your New Coach is on the Job by December 1st to get a staff and recruit ASAP..

The new early signing period will begin this year, which could have a ripple effect unlike any December event before it. When the Collegiate Commissioners Association approved the new 72-hour early signing period (Dec. 20-22, 2017) over the summer...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/december-new-craziest-month-college-football-season-2017/
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

Football (Early Period for Division I)    December 20, 2017    December 22, 2017
Football (Midyear JC Transfer)    December 20, 2017    January 15, 2018
Football (Regular Period)    February 7, 2018    April 1, 2018

BR

With probability of Tenn, Nebraska, UCLA, Missouri, Illinois,  looking...  Maybe Arkansas & Kansas
We know Oregon State, Ole Miss & UTEP are already looking.

Who pulls trigger first and how soon?

HognotinMemphis

This is why I am sure that Bielema will be fired on Saturday, Nov 25th. They probably have already told Bert. And they probably already have the new coach signed to a temp contract.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BR

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 19, 2017, 12:30:03 pm
This is why I am sure that Bielema will be fired on Saturday, Nov 25th. They probably have already told Bert. And they probably already have the new coach signed to a temp contract.
It makes since to have your plan together ASAP...  Or lose out on the first signing period..

smb

Quote from: BR on October 19, 2017, 12:18:40 pm
New Early Signing Period will make firing Coaches Earlier important, if they want recruits in that December time frame....   Something to think about. If your New Coach is on the Job by December 1st to get a staff and recruit ASAP..

The new early signing period will begin this year, which could have a ripple effect unlike any December event before it. When the Collegiate Commissioners Association approved the new 72-hour early signing period (Dec. 20-22, 2017) over the summer...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/december-new-craziest-month-college-football-season-2017/
Good point!
GeorgiaHOG

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BR on October 19, 2017, 12:33:07 pm
It makes since to have your plan together ASAP...  Or lose out on the first signing period..

Or convince everyone no change will be made and then do it right after the early period.  Cutthroat and unethical but it will be done.  Not saying we could get by with it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Or, you don't fire your coach.....

BR

presidenthog

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2017, 12:39:31 pm
Or, you don't fire your coach.....

Until after dec 20th. So you can screw the recruits who have already signed thier LOI. Great plan. That is how I would handle it. Lock those kids in. Fire the coach, bring the new one in. That is how I hope we handle this honestly.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on October 19, 2017, 01:19:15 pm
thank god thats not the plan for the hogs.

Yeah, if the wins aren't there in 2018, he'll be fired.

Tusks

ricepig

Wildhog

I just don't see how he can survive another season if we don't make a bowl this year.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tusks

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Actually it makes firing coaches more difficult. With the early period just 3 weeks after the season ends, you pretty much obliterate your early class if you fire the coach 3 weeks out. Probably a unspoken reason why so many coaches wanted the early period.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkSoda

Quote from: Wildhog on October 19, 2017, 01:35:14 pm
I just don't see how he can survive another season if we don't make a bowl this year.
you don't think he'll get a two year pass like nutt did?  we came out of it with a 10 win season in 2006
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LRHawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 19, 2017, 02:44:20 pm
you don't think he'll get a two year pass like nutt did?  we came out of it with a 10 win season in 2006

That's apples to oranges. We don't have a DMAC on this team.

hogsanity

Quote from: LRHawg on October 19, 2017, 02:47:17 pm
That's apples to oranges. We don't have a DMAC on this team.

and there is not one playing in the ar hs ranks right now either
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: presidenthog on October 19, 2017, 01:12:32 pm
Until after dec 20th. So you can screw the recruits who have already signed thier LOI. Great plan. That is how I would handle it. Lock those kids in. Fire the coach, bring the new one in. That is how I hope we handle this honestly.
yep. fire him Jan 1
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

yraciv

The buyout reduces on January 1st right? So is it more beneficial for us to wait around.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on October 19, 2017, 01:35:14 pm
because he already hired mike friggin leach
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

LRHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on October 19, 2017, 02:49:06 pm
and there is not one playing in the ar hs ranks right now either

Who knows if TJ Hammonds might have or could be close? His tape suggests he's a stud, yet even with decent stats when he plays he rarely gets touches. It'd be one thing if he wasn't playing and we were all touting him like the backup QB, but when he's in he looks electric! It is amazing how a garbage Oline has made good running backs like Whaley, Williams, and Hayden look awful. They are being wasted.

#1Fan

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 19, 2017, 02:44:20 pm

The good old days.

Hogtimes

Quote from: presidenthog on October 19, 2017, 01:12:32 pm

I suspicion some  recruits would seek to be released from their LOI, if that happened

presidenthog

Quote from: Hogtimes on October 19, 2017, 03:30:59 pm
I suspicion some  recruits would seek to be released from their LOI, if that happened

Good luck. I see the NCAA not granting unless it's a Baylor like situation.

Tusks

You guys really think JL is going to let those kids sign and then pull the BB rug out from under them, come on man keep up.

I can see JL being so inept he fires BB and then lets the early signing period come and go without naming a replacement.

PorkSoda

Quote from: tusked on October 19, 2017, 03:36:08 pm
You guys really think JL is going to let those kids sign and then pull the BB rug out from under them, come on man keep up.

I can see JL being so inept he fires BB and then lets the early signing period come and go without naming a replacement.
if CBB is such a bad recruiter, don't you want the new guy to sign his own recruits?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: tusked on October 19, 2017, 03:36:08 pm

This^^^  I'm concerned about this, too.

I'm hoping Black Friday this year has a double meaning.

Hogtimes

Quote from: presidenthog on October 19, 2017, 03:34:49 pm

IIRC it has been approved by the NCAA in the past

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on October 19, 2017, 03:34:49 pm

Your AD can grant them a release, I believe, and I believe he would.

Tusks

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 19, 2017, 03:51:06 pm
if CBB is such a bad recruiter, don't you want the new guy to sign his own recruits?

Two different conversations.  I think there's a few keepers in the class.  It would be nice to add the DB doing to MS St. He has elite speed.  Of course that's held against him with this staff

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on October 20, 2017, 10:07:28 am
Two different conversations.  I think there's a few keepers in the class.  It would be nice to add the DB doing to MS St. He has elite speed.  Of course that's held against him with this staff

Nope, he had months to take the plunge, we took a guy playing in the UA All American game instead, and a guy ranked 23 spots higher on the CB rankings.

Tusks

Quote from: ricepig on October 20, 2017, 10:15:13 am
Nope, he had months to take the plunge, we took a guy playing in the UA All American game instead, and a guy ranked 23 spots higher on the CB rankings.

yeah well I've got history on my side.  these guys don't know what to do with those '23' spots.

have you seen this team?

BR

Get in line after tonight....  Tenn got smoked, Butch is gone.

BR

This will play a MAJOR factor in schools wanting Coaches on the job DEC 1st..
Football (Early Period for Division I)    December 20, 2017    December 22, 2017
Football (Midyear JC Transfer)    December 20, 2017    January 15, 2018
Football (Regular Period)    February 7, 2018    April 1, 2018

BR

BR

We know Florida, Oregon State, Ole Miss & UTEP are already looking.
With probability of Tenn, Nebraska, UCLA, Illinois looking.  Maybe Missouri, A*M,  Arkansas & Kansas
Who pulls trigger first and how soon?

BR

Florida Job is going to start the Domino's. If Tenn does not pull trigger ASAP something is wrong...  Let the Bidding Wars Begin.. Jimmy Sexton's phone is lighting up today..

Big name schools with opens are going to unreal coaching search:  Ole Miss, Oregon State, Tenn, Nebraska, UCLA, Illinois, UTEP looking.  Maybe Missouri, A*M,  Arkansas & Kansas

mlloyd4

The Hogs aren't exactly a national or even regional recruiting powerhouse...
I doubt that there is a risk to recruiting if the decision to fire is made and it is delayed until end of year.
WPS

Porkchop#1

Sense when?

rhames

Quote from: BR on October 29, 2017, 12:44:42 pm
Now Florida get's the jump to get their New Coach ready

Want to bet they don't have a new coach too much earlier than a school that waits until the end of the season to fire a coach?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

LRrazorback

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 19, 2017, 12:30:03 pm

I agree but don't trust JL to have this done

rhames

Also you do know those kids would probably just wait until February to sign right?

Most likely, they aren't going to just sign with some other school in December.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: rhames on October 29, 2017, 02:16:29 pm

Want to bet they don't have a new coach too much earlier than a school that waits until the end of the season to fire a coach?

You mean publicly or privately?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

rhames

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 29, 2017, 02:21:26 pm
You mean publicly or privately?

Publicly. I mean that would be the point right?

Recruits wouldn't know about a super secret private coach.