Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dallas Keuchel pitched a gem tonight......

Started by hoglady, October 13, 2017, 10:38:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

against the Yankees in the first game of the ALCS.
Astros took game 1 / 2-1.
The Yankees one run came off the closer in the 9th inning.
Keuchel pitched 7 scoreless innings - outstanding.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogs49ers

Indeed he did!

During the post game show on FS1:

Alex Rodriguez just said "I never once saw someone that good in the 22 years I played, he is a magician."

Papi said "Lets not get confused about Keuchel, he was the CY Young winner, we are not talking who has the most explosive stuff, but when it comes down to pin pointing the ball, he may be the best I have ever seen."
SCREW Vandy!

Amityvillehogger

May be the best pro pitcher to ever wear a hog uni when he's done.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hoglady

Quote from: Hogs49ers on October 13, 2017, 10:41:48 pm
Indeed he did!

During the post game show on FS1:

Alex Rodriguez just said "I never once saw someone that good in the 22 years I played, he is a magician."

Papi said "Lets not get confused about Keuchel, he was the CY Young winner, we are not talking who has the most explosive stuff, but when it comes down to pin pointing the ball, he may be the best I have ever seen."

High praise coming from 2 pretty good hitters right there.

Man, that game was electric from start to finish.
You could feel the adrenaline from the fans through the TV screen.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Hogs49ers

Most definitely!

Lowest career postseason ERA (as starter, min 4 games pitched) ALL-TIME is now Dallas Keuchel at 0.70 ERA!
SCREW Vandy!

hoglady

Quote from: Hogs49ers on October 13, 2017, 10:46:40 pm
Most definitely!

Lowest career postseason ERA (as starter, min 4 games pitched) ALL-TIME is now Dallas Keuchel at 0.70 ERA!

Dang - that's amazing.

HogFoo

I tell you guys what.  I gotta be honest.  When DK was coming out I didn't expect him to have a 1/4 of the career he has had so far.  The kid reminds me of Maddox.  Maddox didn't have explosive stuff but man he could sure pinpoint it!   I am actually a Yanks fan, but I couldn't help but root for Kid_Keuchel!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hoglady

Quote from: HogFoo on October 13, 2017, 11:51:40 pm
I tell you guys what.  I gotta be honest.  When DK was coming out I didn't expect him to have a 1/4 of the career he has had so far.  The kid reminds me of Maddox.  Maddox didn't have explosive stuff but man he could sure pinpoint it!   I am actually a Yanks fan, but I couldn't help but root for Kid_Keuchel!

I used to love watching the Braves with Maddox, Glavine and Smoltz.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: hoglady on October 14, 2017, 06:15:04 am
I used to love watching the Braves with Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz.

Speaking of Smoltz, I enjoyed his commentary on the game last night.

Razorback7281

Quote from: Wisco Pig on October 14, 2017, 08:57:57 am
Speaking of Smoltz, I enjoyed his commentary on the game last night.
Me too. He's been a lot better than McCarver. 
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Razorback7281

Seems the ticket to dominate the Yankees in the playoffs is to run a former Razorback left hander out there.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Kevin

dk also joined bob Gibson has the only pitcher in his first four playoff game to strikeout at least 7 in each game.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

311Hog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on October 13, 2017, 10:46:40 pm
Most definitely!

DK is clutch !  he is a brother of the beard.