Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James Franklin, Pennsylvania State

Started by Sow’sEar, October 12, 2017, 04:44:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sow’sEar

I read Dennis Dodd report today claiming Texas A&M is going to try to make a run at him if Sumlin is fired.  Why not us? 

Oh, and in before 'Penn State is his dream job....'

Razorbackers

Well 1 he's not leaving penn state

and 2 he's not leaving penn state

but the big reason we shouldn't waste our time is that penn state is a way better place to be than both A&M and Arkansas

and, it's not as big of a reason as 1-3, but he's not leaving penn state.

colbs

Even if A&M goes after him he's not leaving Penn State.

Arthur pigby sellers.

jgphillips3

Yep.  He's home and at a blue blood.  Unless an Alabama, Clemson or such comes calling, no reason to even consider a move.

Hog-Corleone

I don't think JF is leaving Penn State... FWIW
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dwight_K_Shrute

Seriously starting some threads should earn an auto ban or at least be banned from starting threads.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 04:50:31 pm
Seriously starting some threads should earn an auto ban or at least be banned from starting threads.

This thread was the equivalent of an "i'll hang up and listen" call lol

hogginbama

I say we go after CBB of the Patriots. If we are gonna go for it, we may as well go full bore crazy.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

PLHawg

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 04:50:25 pm

A/M should offer him $8M/year.

Penn State would match it, he's not going to ATM.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Lulu Hog on October 12, 2017, 04:44:54 pm
I read Dennis Dodd report today claiming Texas A&M is going to try to make a run at him if Sumlin is fired.  Why not us? 

This will get Franklin a nice raise, and get A&M nothing.

Bubba's Bruisers

Um, what do we have to offer him that's better than PSU?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Nashville Fan

James Franklin is smoke and mirrors. He will kill a program before it is over.
Pittman or Bust!

PorkRinds

Why would anyone come from Penn State to Arkansas?

longpig

Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 12, 2017, 05:06:06 pm

Agree.  Unless the Big of the North drops off he'll always struggle.  You have to think a lot of players won't consider playing there that would have pre Sandusky.  I'm sure a lot of coaches won't consider going there now, too.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hoggish1

Did Hogville say he's not leaving Penn State?  I would agree; he's not leaving PSU

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 12, 2017, 05:00:44 pm
This will get Franklin a nice raise, and get A&M nothing.

We, technically they will get something.

Turned down is something.
This is my non-signature signature.

The Boar War

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 12, 2017, 07:37:17 pm
Anyone who's spent time around rabid Penn State fans quickly realizes it's a cult.

Do you want a mob of cult crazies mad at you for stealing their coach?

I've never been around many Penn State fans but I'd put aTm's cult craziness up against anyone.

Amityvillehogger

Because he's already been to one cellar deweller in the SEC.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

MissippHog

Maybe Lanny will create a new forum for all of these type posts that clutter the boards.  It's almost asinine to believe Franklin is going to leave PSU for Arkansas.

userpick

texas tush hog

Quote from: The Boar War on October 12, 2017, 08:05:33 pm
I've never been around many Penn State fans but I'd put aTm's cult craziness up against anyone.

Nope.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 12, 2017, 05:06:06 pm
He took a vandy team in 3 years and won 2 bowl games, finished in the top 25 twice, and won 9 games in back to back seasons....Absurd to say he's smoke and mirrors.

Ham Ham Pigelow

About the closest to his dream job as humanly possible.  He's from PA and Penn State is still a viable football program operating in a recruiting hotbed and essentially owns the East Coast in regards to the most popular football program. 

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 04:50:31 pm

I like threads about James Franklin.  It gives me a chance to share my theory that James Franklin is in fact Pitbull.  Have you ever seen them both at the same time?

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Razorbackers

Quote from: The Boar War on October 12, 2017, 08:05:33 pm

Remember when PSU had to fire their coach because he helped cover up and was complacent in the systematic abuse and rape of multiple young boys for decades, and the fans flipped news trucks and rioted in protest?

Them folks in Happy Valley are legit psychopaths.

BigBrandonAllenFan

James is from Pennsylvania.  Penn State was his dream job.   Kinda like Meyer at OSU.  James isn't leaving happy valley anytime soon.

Razor1997

No, we should aim for Nick Saban as our HC, Chip Kelly for OC, and Brent Venables for DC, as long as we're being delusional.

Killean

https://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/08/james-franklin-vanderbilt-rape-case-penn-state-video

A person like that has no business on our campus.

Penn State is obviously less concerned about such things.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

The_Iceman

Why leave? He is at the premier football school in the Northeast. He is winning big. Oh, and recruiting....

https://pennstate.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits

He is not going anywhere. Just idiot reporters speculating.