Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye Levy, Hello Centerplate - The Concessions Crisis

Started by twistitup, October 12, 2017, 03:57:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Just found a new company for concessions......Centerplate. While we are making coaching changes we might as well make other necessary changes too.

Two Words: Frito Pie...this company has it as a staple at Mile High in Denver.

They added a few new items for 2017 - Check it out...WOW

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Centerplate-announce-new-concessions-options-concourse-features/416726b2-a9ce-421b-b376-c75402e5c677

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/16/new-food-mile-high-stadium-broncos-2016/

Frito Lay and Pepsi are the same company - located in Plano, TX....Fritos can make it to Denver, I know they can make it to Fville. Let's get it done (that gyro looked good too....and the street tacos....c'mon)
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Großer Kriegschwein

Oh yeah.

Good work bruh.

Send it to Batma.... I mean Ricepig and have it brought up at the next justice leag.... I mean Razorback Foundation meeting for submission to Two fac.... I mean Jeff Long.
This is my non-signature signature.

Dwight_K_Shrute

If they added gyros to the stadium menu I'd up my giving immediately.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

rljjr

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 04:15:15 pm
Oh yeah.

Good work bruh.

Send it to Batma.... I mean Ricepig and have it brought up at the next justice leag.... I mean Razorback Foundation meeting for submission to Two fac.... I mean Jeff Long.

Nope, we've got a long term contract with a $15.4m buyout......wait that's the Pepsi contract....

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2017, 04:23:08 pm
Nope, we've got a long term contract with a $15.4m buyout......wait that's the Pepsi contract....

We can keep Pepsi (if we MUST)...but at least have them send some damn corn chips up to RRS - Frito OWNS Pepsi....no excuses.

Uncommon Concessions

longpig

The first concessionaire to offer Pronto Pups, Frito Pie (made with Taco Works white corn chips) and Coca Cola will be the greatest of all time.
Don't be scared, be smart.

twistitup

Quote from: longpig on October 12, 2017, 04:33:21 pm
The first concessionaire to offer Pronto Pups, Frito Pie (made with Taco Works white corn chips) and Coca Cola will be the greatest of all time.

Never heard of Pronto Pups....but just looked them up and wow - sinful stadium food indeed!!

Razorbackers

Quote from: longpig on October 12, 2017, 04:33:21 pm

Went to the Kansas State Fair this year, had a pronto pup, it was different that a regular corndog. Very nice. 9/10. Still the GOAT corndog is that weird dude at Yell Fest in Dardanelle that puts andouille sausage into corndogs lol

Hog-Corleone

I wonder why Twist is always so obsessed with Food posts.  It's almost like he is OCD or something when it comes to food, especially concessions food.  Maybe it's not OCD, I don't know.  It's just something I always wondered about.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 12, 2017, 04:47:51 pm
I wonder why Twist is always so obsessed with Food posts.  It's almost like he is OCD or something when it comes to food, especially concessions food.  Maybe it's not OCD, I don't know.  It's just something I always wondered about.

TBH the concession stand options have been lacking. They've added some things in the last 2 years that have made it better, but dang. Lets have some fun in the food department if nowhere else.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 04:48:57 pm
TBH the concession stand options have been lacking. They've added some things in the last 2 years that have made it better, but dang. Lets have some fun in the food department if nowhere else.

I agree, the concessions have been less than stellar for years here.  I won't have to worry about it this year any more though.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 12, 2017, 04:47:51 pm

It's THC not OCD...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 12, 2017, 04:51:42 pm
I agree, the concessions have been less than stellar for years here.  I won't have to worry about it this year any more though.

I moved out of state and can typically only make 1 game, so it's not a huge issue with me. When the big concourse area is finished, though, I am expecting some better food. The whole point of closing in the stadium and stuff is to make room for more fun and activities at the game.

ChicoHog

Quote from: twistitup on October 12, 2017, 04:29:02 pm
We can keep Pepsi (if we MUST)...but at least have them send some damn corn chips up to RRS - Frito OWNS Pepsi....no excuses.

Uncommon Concessions
And they own Gatorade, Aquafina water, Quaker Oats, etc.,  Used to own KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut also but they spun that off about 15 or 20 years ago now and it's called YUM Brands.  As a PepsiCo and YUM Brands stock holder I would love for all of you to keep buying Pepsi products and eat at KFC at least 3 nights week. 

longpig

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 04:44:58 pm
Went to the Kansas State Fair this year, had a pronto pup, it was different that a regular corndog. Very nice. 9/10. Still the GOAT corndog is that weird dude at Yell Fest in Dardanelle that puts andouille sausage into corndogs lol

Never heard of a pronto pup till the 16 Liberty Bowl, been obsessed with them ever since.  Even considered buying their mix and making them at home.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Word is that Twist has the concessions contract at the Bielema household.  Might be why he he is knowledgeable about concession fare.

HighcountryHog

As someone who attends several Broncos games every season, I can say their food is bombastic.  Philly cheese steak is the best I've had outside of Philadelphia.
no bumps, no fat chicks

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 04:15:15 pm
Oh yeah.

Good work bruh.

Thats hall of fame worthy
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Vantage 8 dude

Yet another piece of flotsam that's going back to its maker.

PorkSoda

wait wut? this thread in the Trash?  This is the best idea ever posted on this board. 

We need to start flying some banners and make this happen.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.