Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by rzrbackramsfan on 07 Oct 2017
  • Well you're wrong with Macon and Hannahs scoring all the points in Europe. CJ put up alarmlngly quick points and that's due to being a PURE shooter. I blessed that I know the ppl on the staff good enough to get a good seat to practice. CMA has a visooo. For these guys and we will way dangerous than anybody will predict.  All the pieces the are there. That's all I'm gonna say. I'm excited for the season. 30+ and a reason to go meet them at the airport again! Go Hogs!

No man, i think you read what I Wrote wrong.  I was saying that CJ came out of Europe looking like the preeminent scorer. 

Also as far as this game winning more games than anyone predicts, like 30+, check out my signature.
  • #152 by rzrbackramsfan on 07 Oct 2017
  • You can be safe with your predictions. I've just seen way too much basketball and grams come together though. Much more than you, no disrespect. I'm telling you right now, don't undersell yourself. This team has everything we need to be a factor. And... next year with the young guns will be a repeat. We have the goods this year.. don't overthink it. Basketball is a simple sport haha

You hear that hogville?  razorback1829 has confirmed my prediction that it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world for CJ to avg. 20 ppg and for this team to get 30+ wins.

I do have the unique perspective however of being a mizzou fan until I went to the U of A a few years before mike came. 
  • #153 by razorback1829 on 08 Oct 2017
  • You hear that hogville?  razorback1829 has confirmed my prediction that it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world for CJ to avg. 20 ppg and for this team to get 30+ wins.

I do have the unique perspective however of being a mizzou fan until I went to the U of A a few years before mike came.

Lol not saying 20, but man 12-15 isn't unreasonable.
  • #154 by Pinto on 08 Oct 2017
  • Since weíre making outlandish predictions then Iíll make mine: Gafford will average 15pts,10rebs and 4 blks and will register a triple double this season
  • #155 by Kevin McPherson on 08 Oct 2017
  • Since weíre making outlandish predictions then Iíll make mine: Gafford will average 15pts,10rebs and 4 blks and will register a triple double this season

The part I bolded is not outlandish at all.
  • #156 by rzrbackramsfan on 08 Oct 2017
  • ďHe also grew 3 inches his senior year and had programs like Tennessee trying to come in late on him, but he was solid to us. If he would have been 6'5" during his junior year when evaluations happen, he would have been much higher rated.Ē

Then he sat on the bench for an entire season.  Super athletic, pure shooting scoring machine sat because he was weak on defense. Didnít come in for some quick scoring and never improved enough defensively to break through. Had a whole season to become just a decent defender, but could not get it. Not likely to start this year either, but 20ppg is a possibility? Makes no sense at all, but I sure would like to be wrong.

I've seen some highlights where, when CJ dunks, his head at the rim, ok... That's freaky.  I also know he's really fast and will be getting some major transition points, like BJ Young.  I also know he has a really nice shot and can get it off against anybody.  Those are some incredible tools to have for a Bball player. 
  • #157 by Dominicanhog on 11 Oct 2017
  • Maybe this is his year  ...  happens every year, someone comes back and looks totally different....WPS
  • #158 by The_Iceman on 11 Oct 2017
  • #159 by draftkings33 on 11 Oct 2017
  • I think CJ might give us 20 PPG.  Wouldn't doubt we get 55 PPG from Barford, Macon, Jones.
    OMG dumbest thing I've seen posted.  I will bet you any amount of money CJ won't average 15
  • #160 by draftkings33 on 11 Oct 2017
  • The part I bolded is not outlandish at all.
    4 blocks per game?  Has anyone ever done that in the SEC?  Will be really hard because you know he will average around 24 mpg
  • #161 by ErieHog on 11 Oct 2017
  • 4 blocks per game?  Has anyone ever done that in the SEC?  Will be really hard because you know he will average around 24 mpg

Jarvis Varnado did it 3 times at MSU,  Shaq averaged 5 blocks or more twice, Roy Rodgers @ Alabama was well over 4 per game for one season, and Anthony Davis is the most recent.
  • #162 by draftkings33 on 11 Oct 2017
  • Thanks Eddie
  • #163 by King Kong on 11 Oct 2017
  • https://twitter.com/RazorbackMBB/status/918160328789082112

Dustin Thomas's jumper looks much improved in the limited practice footage I have seen
  • #164 by draftkings33 on 11 Oct 2017
  • Please no more 19 foot shots
  • #165 by UNCLE BACK on 11 Oct 2017
  • I talked to Mike during the TCU Game a few weeks back and he told me to expect big things from CJ this year!
  • #166 by Hawg Red on 11 Oct 2017
  • I talked to Mike during the TCU Game a few weeks back and he told me to expect big things from CJ this year!

What else did he tell you?
  • #167 by NotSoFastMyFriend on 11 Oct 2017
  • So, any practice reports yet or?
  • #168 by mhuff on 11 Oct 2017
  • OMG dumbest thing I've seen posted.  I will bet you any amount of money CJ won't average 15

I could see 13 if he gets pt
  • #169 by Pinto on 11 Oct 2017
  • Jarvis Varnado did it 3 times at MSU,  Shaq averaged 5 blocks or more twice, Roy Rodgers @ Alabama was well over 4 per game for one season, and Anthony Davis is the most recent.

Didnít Delvon Johnson average like 3.5?
  • #170 by Dwight_K_Shrute on 11 Oct 2017
  • Dustin Thomas's jumper looks much improved in the limited practice footage I have seen

I saw that too, and thought damn hope he can hit that in game.  And if the Kriss Kross haircut helps, keep it.
  • #171 by ErieHog on 11 Oct 2017
  • Didnít Delvon Johnson average like 3.5?

No, his best was 91 blocks in 31 games;  that is 2.935 a game, just shy of 3.

Our all time record is Oliver Miller's 112 blocks in 38 games, for a 2.9497 per game average.
  • #172 by Pinto on 11 Oct 2017
  • No, his best was 91 blocks in 31 games;  that is 2.935 a game, just shy of 3.

Our all time record is Oliver Miller's 112 blocks in 38 games, for a 2.9497 per game average.

Ok. Still impressive for Delvon. If Dan plays 25+ Mins this season, then Iím willing to bet he will be right at 3 bpg
  • #173 by ErieHog on 11 Oct 2017
  • Ok. Still impressive for Delvon. If Dan plays 25+ Mins this season, then Iím willing to bet he will be right at 3 bpg

2 a night would be more than expected.
  • #174 by Pinto on 11 Oct 2017
  • 2 a night would be more than expected.

Hunter Mickelson did that with way less minutes lol. But I understand, expect the worst, hope for the best...typical Hog fan logic that we have all adapted to over these miserable years lol
  • #175 by Kevin McPherson on 11 Oct 2017
  • 4 blocks per game?  Has anyone ever done that in the SEC?  Will be really hard because you know he will average around 24 mpg

I didn't bold the averages, I bolded the "outlandish" prediction that Gafford would register a triple-double, which I don't think is that outlandish. As far the "outlandish" prediction of him avgeraging 15 pts, 10 rebs, 4 blks per game, yeah that seems highly unlikely.
  • #176 by Pinto on 11 Oct 2017
  • I didn't bold the averages, I bolded the "outlandish" prediction that Gafford would register a triple-double, which I don't think is that outlandish. As far the "outlandish" prediction of him avgeraging 15 pts, 10 rebs, 4 blks per game, yeah that seems highly unlikely.

About as ďoutlandishĒ as CJ averaging 15-20 ppg
  • #177 by ErieHog on 11 Oct 2017
  • Hunter Mickelson did that with way less minutes lol. But I understand, expect the worst, hope for the best...typical Hog fan logic that we have all adapted to over these miserable years lol

Hunter put up 2.25, and played over 17 minutes a game.   It'll be nice if he plays more than that a game, but there is absolutely no reason to expect elite college rim protection from him out of the gate.

You're crediting him with a Top 10 or so all time defensive season for an Arkansas center, without a single minute of college ball.  Slow your roll.
  • #178 by Pinto on 11 Oct 2017
  • Hunter put up 2.25, and played over 17 minutes a game.   It'll be nice if he plays more than that a game, but there is absolutely no reason to expect elite college rim protection from him out of the gate.

You're crediting him with a Top 10 or so all time defensive season for an Arkansas center, without a single minute of college ball.  Slow your roll.

Youíre talking like weíve had some elite centers in the last 20 years lol
  • #179 by ErieHog on 11 Oct 2017
  • Youíre talking like weíve had some elite centers in the last 20 years lol

I'm not talking just the last 20 years.  I'm talking *ever*.
  • #180 by Pinto on 11 Oct 2017
  • I'm not talking just the last 20 years.  I'm talking *ever*.

We donít have many ever either
  • #181 by ErieHog on 11 Oct 2017
  • We donít have many ever either

Oliver Miller, Joe Klein, Andrew Lang,  Darnell Robinson, Scott Hastings-- and these are just in the last 40 years.
  • #182 by Pinto on 11 Oct 2017
  • Oliver Miller, Joe Klein, Andrew Lang,  Darnell Robinson, Scott Hastings-- and these are just in the last 40 years.

Thatís not many
  • #183 by ErieHog on 11 Oct 2017
  • Thatís not many

That's 5 NBA players in the last 40 years at Center.   That's a very solid group.    No wonder you think he'll average 4 3 2 a game....
  • #184 by draftkings33 on 12 Oct 2017
  • I honestly can't see CJ averaging even 10 ppg.  Main guards that are gonna be out there a majority of the time are Beard, Macon, Barford, and Garland if he gets healthy. 
  • #185 by Pinto on 12 Oct 2017
  • I honestly can't see CJ averaging even 10 ppg.  Main guards that are gonna be out there a majority of the time are Beard, Macon, Barford, and Garland if he gets healthy.

CJ and/or Khalil will get minutes at the 3/wing spot
  • #186 by Hogimus Prime on 12 Oct 2017

MA will have a lot of different combinations for 1-3 spots.
  • #187 by UNCLE BACK on 12 Oct 2017
  • What else did he tell you?
    He actually didn't say much but he said folks better get their tickets because we were going to be fun to watch. I asked about guys improving and CJ was the guy he mentioned. Coach A doesn't say much but he really seems to be excited about this team...
  • #188 by draftkings33 on 12 Oct 2017
  • I think there will be games where Macon, Barford, and Beard are on the court at the same time
  • #189 by ErieHog on 12 Oct 2017
  • I think there will be games where Macon, Barford, and Beard are on the court at the same time

I expect this group to be the core of our crunch time lineup.
  • #190 by Letsroll1200 on 12 Oct 2017
  • CJ and/or Khalil will get minutes at the 3/wing spot

Khalil is not practicing? I think he probably has the same role that CJ had last season.
  • #191 by The_Iceman on 12 Oct 2017
  • Khalil is not practicing? I think he probably has the same role that CJ had last season.

Garland is a superior player than CJ was last year. Garland has excellent ball handling skills and the ability to finish in the open floor with the ball in his hands.

CJ was a catch and finish/only player last year.
  • #192 by rzrbackramsfan on 12 Oct 2017
  • Garland is a superior player than CJ was last year. Garland has excellent ball handling skills and the ability to finish in the open floor with the ball in his hands.

You just go off of highlight reels and watching Arkansas games, right? 
  • #193 by mhuff on 12 Oct 2017
  • You just go off of highlight reels and watching Arkansas games, right? 

I think Garland is the better player by going with what the experts said. It is going to be a moot point unless his health improves. Wasn't the last report optimistic that he would be cleared. I pray that he is happy, healthy, and productive to his highest potential.
  • #194 by HawgnCorona on 12 Oct 2017
  • Oliver Miller, Joe Klein, Andrew Lang,  Darnell Robinson, Scott Hastings-- and these are just in the last 40 years.

Dean Tolson would fit nicely if go back a few more years?
  • #195 by Letsroll1200 on 12 Oct 2017
  • Garland is a superior player than CJ was last year. Garland has excellent ball handling skills and the ability to finish in the open floor with the ball in his hands.

I know the kid. Saw him play many games during high school. He's a winner! However, I think not being able to practice is going to hurt him this season. Hopefully he can get healthy.
  • #196 by mhuff on 12 Oct 2017
  • Dean Tolson would fit nicely if go back a few more years?
  • #197 by Pinto on 12 Oct 2017
  • Khalil is not practicing? I think he probably has the same role that CJ had last season.

Probably more likely to redshirt
Pages:
Actions