Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kansas City

Started by sooiepig_12, July 20, 2017, 03:15:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sooiepig_12

Going to Kansas City in a couple weeks with my Dad to watch the Cards and Royals.  Also gonna go to one or both of the Mariners games.  Any suggestions on things to do in KC?  Planning on touring Boulevard Brewing and going to the Negro Leagues Museum.  Looks like it might be cool to explore the Westport Area.  Let me know if y'all have any suggestions. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on July 20, 2017, 03:15:30 am
Going to Kansas City in a couple weeks with my Dad to watch the Cards and Royals.  Also gonna go to one or both of the Mariners games.  Any suggestions on things to do in KC?  Planning on touring Boulevard Brewing and going to the Negro Leagues Museum.  Looks like it might be cool to explore the Westport Area.  Let me know if y'all have any suggestions.

You will enjoy the Negro baseball museum. Don't forget to try some of that famous KC BarBQ. If you play golf I recommend the Shoal Creek and/or Falcon Crest courses.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

McKdaddy

I really enjoy the Nelson Atkins Museum.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

sooiepig_12

Quote from: GolfNut57 on July 20, 2017, 12:24:25 pm
You will enjoy the Negro baseball museum. Don't forget to try some of that famous KC BarBQ. If you play golf I recommend the Shoal Creek and/or Falcon Crest courses.
Not a golfer.  Definitely planning on trying Joe's BBQ.  Any other eating places to recommend?

GolfNut57

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on July 21, 2017, 04:03:43 am
Not a golfer.  Definitely planning on trying Joe's BBQ.  Any other eating places to recommend?

Arthur Bryants would be a definite BarBQ place to try.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

waphill

There's lots of BBQ to try. There's actually lots of great restaurants that aren't bbq as well! Westport is a cool area, but seems to be on the decline these days. Lots of crime and there was a shooting there recently.

I really like the Nelson Atkins. I've heard the WWI museum is cool, but haven't had a chance to go yet.

hog.goblin

Waldo Pizza in Waldo.  Best pizza in Kansas City.

Lots of good BBQ.  Jack Stack has probably been consistently the best.

I haven't done much in KS other than Royals and food.  Great Wolf Lodge or Schlitterbahn if you have young kids.