Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hard to envision things without UT

Started by hogsanity, April 03, 2017, 12:12:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

I remember the 1st time i saw him, he was still Mean Mark, wrestling for some promotion we got on KTUL 8 out of Tulsa in the late 80's I guess. I know it was before I got married, which was 1993. So for 30 years he was part of professional wrestling, that is a long time for a man his size. Sadly, time catches up with all of us at some point.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

I remember him as Mean Mark and yes he been a fixture the past 30 years as much as Flair , the Funk Brothers and Dusty Rhodes were in the 70's and 1980's
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bosshog84

Going to miss Taker come WrestleMania time next year. I remember first seeing him as "Master of Pain" in Memphis Championship Wrestling on Saturday mornings. He always feuded with Lawler.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on April 03, 2017, 12:12:44 pm
I remember the 1st time i saw him, he was still Mean Mark, wrestling for some promotion we got on KTUL 8 out of Tulsa in the late 80's I guess. I know it was before I got married, which was 1993. So for 30 years he was part of professional wrestling, that is a long time for a man his size. Sadly, time catches up with all of us at some point.

Yeah, he had made the decision to retire from the ring a few months before his last match. That last match between Taker and Roman Reigns was for all purposes just a "Passing of the Torch".
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on August 07, 2017, 01:32:41 pm
Yeah, he had made the decision to retire from the ring a few months before his last match. That last match between Taker and Roman Reigns was for all purposes just a "Passing of the Torch".

Which is what guys like UT have done for decades in that profession.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE