Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love trey flowers but.....

Started by ocsm158, January 22, 2017, 05:55:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ocsm158

I have been a Steeler fan all my life. Go Steelers!

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dr. Starcs

Dropkick

I hate NE more than I love Trey..........

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hawkhawg

Trey has really come on this year. May be New Englands best defensive player.

factchecker

I have no clue how anyone is a fan of a particular NFL team.  Look what happened to San Diego.  These owners will move these teams if the money is right.  The roster turnover is crazy as well.  The minute you start rooting for someone they will be traded or leave as a free agent.

I want all the Razorbacks to do well.  I hope Trey has 2 sacks/14 tackles and Cobi catches 10 passes for 153 yards and 2 TDs.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawkhawg

Quote from: factchecker on January 22, 2017, 06:19:31 pm
I have no clue how anyone is a fan of a particular NFL team.  Look what happened to San Diego.  These owners will move these teams if the money is right.  The roster turnover is crazy as well.  The minute you start rooting for someone they will be traded or leave as a free agent.

I want all the Razorbacks to do well.  I hope Trey has 2 sacks/14 tackles and Cobi catches 10 passes for 153 yards and 2 TDs.

That's no different than any other pro sport.  I have a couple of teams I like but for the most part I'm like you, I just cheer for whoever has a razorback.

VictoryRedChevy

rhames

San Diego couldn't care less that they had a football team.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Buff

sickboy

Are you a fan of Arkansas Razorback football?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Just think of the players who have ties to Arkansas in this game.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

factchecker

Quote from: sickboy on January 22, 2017, 06:28:05 pm
Are you a fan of Arkansas Razorback football?

Just the Razorbacks.  I'm a fan of all our programs.

Are you suggesting the University of Arkansas will move?  What is the correlation to my statement?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Atlhogfan1

Hope HH never catches a pass vs Broncos and makes HOF.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: ocsm158 on January 22, 2017, 05:55:42 pm
I have been a Steeler fan all my life. Go Steelers!

I have been a Patriot hater all my life, so, uh, go Steelers...

bennyl08

How can anybody ever be a fan of TV shows? The minute you start watching, it gets canceled, moved to a different station, loses it's writer and goes downhill, etc... How can anybody be a fan of people? They are constantly being born, dying, moving to a different city or a different job... How could anybody be a fan of any person who dons a razorback uniform? The minute you start rooting for them, they are either graduating, transferring to get more playing time, or leaving to get more money. And so on and so forth.

A fact of life, and you can double check this, is change. How can anybody be a fan of NFL teams? You realize the vast, vast majority of teams haven't moved for longer than most posters here have been alive? More players than you might think take loyalty over more money. The roster turnover for any college team is worse than any NFL team. How do you live with that? You enjoy the players while they are here. If you like the players, you can root for them in what they go on to later in life. If you like a person, you can stay friends with them even if they are in a different city. If you like a tv show, you can rewatch old episodes, but a canceled show is a canceled show.

Specifically, how can you be a fan of an NFL team? If they move, you can try to stay a fan just from a distance. You'll find fans of all teams scattered all across the country. Otherwise, you remember the good times and move on. If owners caring more about money than the fans bothers you, well, good luck finding a single P5 team in college to root for. If you don't like the ideas of players leaving, then college football isn't the place for you either.

Can't speak for others, but my NFL fanship is diverse. For example, I've always liked the seahawks, ravens, and stl rams. I used to like the redskins back when they had Cambell, Randel El, and Portis. When those players left, so did my enjoyment of that franchise. I liked the rams because the greatest show on turf was what I watched when I was first getting into the NFL and I was born in the state. Now that they have ditched Stl, ditched their awesome uniforms save for 1 game a year, and haven't been much of a show for over a decade, no longer have any loyalty. If Harbaugh leaves the Ravens and their team personality changes, I could stop being a mild fan of theirs too. For seattle, I grew up liking them just because of their name and colors. Moving to the PNW, I have a geographical connection and have been to games as well. If they were to pack up and move, no longer a geographical connection, they'd lose the locally significant/alliteration name, and the locally significant colors. For the most part, my NFL fanship is epitomized by the Washington example. I liked GB when they had Favre, I didn't like them when Rodgers took over because he wasn't Farvre, but grew to like him because he was a tougher player than I gave him credit for. I was a fan of Peyton Manning. Didn't really care about the Broncos until he went there, and when he retired, so did my caring for them. Still like the Colts though because of the overall team.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hawkhawg

Atlhogfan1

The Brady fumble they somehow wouldn't overturn ended the game.  Pats momentum from the next play on.   Hope they destroy the Falcons. 

Hogs run wild

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 22, 2017, 08:10:26 pm
Hamilton is having a rough game.
hope he gets to come back next year
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

hog.goblin

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 22, 2017, 08:10:26 pm
Hamilton is having a rough game.

Nice 30 yard TD, though too little too late

Bubba's Bruisers

Steelers lose.  That's all that matters.  I was hoping for a NE/ATL SB.  Should be an awesome matchup.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

VictoryRedChevy