Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new CC gun

Started by FORTVEGAS, March 12, 2013, 08:59:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback7281

Quote from: FORTVEGAS on March 12, 2013, 08:59:33 pm
After months of shopping and changing my mind many times I finally pulled the trigger and got me a compact handgun to use as my carry gun. Its a Springfield Armory XDs .45acp. I bought it NIB for $549.95. Tell me what yall think.
The last picture is compaired to my S&W 9mm
Did yours get recalled?  Academy has it listed at $549 but doesn't have any bc of the recall.  Guy said they may get some first of October.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Albert Einswine

Mine was on the recall list and I shipped it back to Springfield last Wednesday. Better safe than sorry.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Razorback7281

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 26, 2013, 01:41:44 pm
Mine was on the recall list and I shipped it back to Springfield last Wednesday. Better safe than sorry.
Have you had any issues with it?  All I hear is praise for it and then see it was recalled.  Also if you don't mind asking what you paid for yours?  I'm in the market for one and have just started looking at the prices.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.

Albert Einswine

I've probably run a thousand rounds through mine with no issues, the trigger has broken in nicely and it cycles every time with any ammo I've run in it. 
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Razorback7281

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 26, 2013, 01:52:31 pm
I've probably run a thousand rounds through mine with no issues, the trigger has broken in nicely and it cycles every time with any ammo I've run in it. 
That the feedback I've gotten from everyone I've talked to about it.

Albert Einswine

Oh yeah, I gave $599 for mine in a mom and pop gun shop in Galveston, Indiana because they had it in stock, no one else did and it was worth the extra 50 bucks to me to do business with a local business as opposed to a big box corporate store.

Razorback7281

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 26, 2013, 02:18:27 pm
Oh yeah, I gave $599 for mine in a mom and pop gun shop in Galveston, Indiana because they had it in stock, no one else did and it was worth the extra 50 bucks to me to do business with a local business as opposed to a big box corporate store.
Yeah I always try and buy from my local shop if I can without taking too much of a hit.  $549-$599 is what I have seen it listed for looking around but no one has had them in stock, i guess bc of the recall.

Albert Einswine

I bought mine when it was a very hot ticket and demand just simply outstripped supply. Did a google search for gun shops in central Indiana and just started making calls until I found this outfit that had it in stock. Great little shop about 40 miles away.

deshahawg

Great looking gun. I just got a Kimber Custom II in 45 acp.

FORTVEGAS

Thanks I still love it carry it everyday, I really want a kimber 1911 just cant afford it yet but the time will come when I have one.

Albert Einswine

FORTVEGAS, was yours on the recall list?

FORTVEGAS

I have to say I havent checked, and I didnt know that they got recalled but I am bout to look it up and see.

FORTVEGAS

I just checked and it looks like i will be carryin my .38 spl for a while, got to send it off.

Albert Einswine

I'm carrying my 1911, and although it's a chunk, I can open carry it here so it's not so bad.

Albert Einswine

But I'll be glad when they get my XDS back to me.

FORTVEGAS

how long have they had it? how long does it take?

Albert Einswine

FORT, no idea, just shipped mine last Wednesday... Scott, problems with the trigger goup causing slam fire issues, which can make for a bad experience.

Albert Einswine

Yep, that's my understanding and only in a certain serial range

Pistol Pete

Well, if anything smaller than an elephant tries to attack you, you'll be just fine!

DeltaBoy

Smith usually has a 2 week turn around.  Have you got it back yet????
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Albert Einswine

They've told me I should get it back by Christmas if not before. Definitely not a two week turnaround considering I shipped it on September 18.

But, when I shipped it they were still working on a modification and hadn't settled on what the final fix was going to be yet.

It's a pain in the butt, but like I said, better safe than sorry.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 05, 2013, 01:04:40 pm
They've told me I should get it back by Christmas if not before. Definitely not a two week turnaround considering I shipped it on September 18.

But, when I shipped it they were still working on a modification and hadn't settled on what the final fix was going to be yet.

Bless your heart!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 05, 2013, 02:53:21 pm
Bless your heart!

It's not a big deal, I can open carry the 1911 here and if I want to conceal I have the .38 snub.

Razorback7281

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 05, 2013, 01:04:40 pm

I hope they get the production moving on them.  This is what I have asked Santa for.  I expect it to be under the tree Christmas morning

Rzbakfromwaybak

I have two XD-9's.  Plain old Gen 3 XD's, one full size 4'' barrel, other a sub-compact.  Had the sub-compact about 5-6 yrs, the 4'' about 3.  Never had a single problem with a jam, extraction, etc.  They shoot everything well, & both are very accurate.  IMHO, excellent guns.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

kibster

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on November 05, 2013, 10:38:00 pm
I have two XD-9's.  Plain old Gen 3 XD's, one full size 4'' barrel, other a sub-compact.  Had the sub-compact about 5-6 yrs, the 4'' about 3.  Never had a single problem with a jam, extraction, etc.  They shoot everything well, & both are very accurate.  IMHO, excellent guns.

I have a 5.25 XDm.  I has been a pretty reliable gun and I have put a lot of rounds down range with it the last 12 months, but I am about to retire it.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 05, 2013, 02:56:34 pm

It's not a big deal, I can open carry the 1911 here and if I want to conceal I have the .38 snub.

I carry a 38 most of the time.

KCRazorbackfan

Very nice; the instructor I got my CC from carried one.  I've got a .40 Glock 23 and a Ruger LCP .380; have had the Glock about 2 years and the Ruger a couple of months.  Alternate between carrying the two; the Glock when I can hide it underneath a shirt or jacket, the Ruger when I have to hide it in my front pocket; I NEVER leave home without one or the other. 
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

DeltaBoy

A gun at home is no good when you out on the town.

kibster

Picking up my new gun tomorrow.  Wife is calling it my Christmas present for this year and next.  If she only knew what it cost, she would throw in the an additional one.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

DOGALUM

Quote from: kibster on December 03, 2013, 10:45:17 pm
Picking up my new gun tomorrow.  Wife is calling it my Christmas present for this year and next.  If she only knew what it cost, she would throw in the an additional one.
well what is it?

"New gun" is too generic. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

kibster

Razorback7281

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 05, 2013, 02:56:34 pm

You finally get yours back?  Have you looked at the 4.0 or do you like your 3.3 too much to switch?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Razorback7281 on August 04, 2014, 03:20:03 pm
You finally get yours back?  Have you looked at the 4.0 or do you like your 3.3 too much to switch?

Oh, yeah, got it back in January I think. I like the 3.3, it's plenty accurate and concealable, but I'm gonna be honest, it's not a lot of fun to shoot. After about 4 mags the hand shock sucks. Much prefer shooting the 1911.

But extended shooting sessions isn't really the point of the XDs so it's no biggee, I take it out every so often to check proficiency.

Here's some solid info, my son recently acquired a Canik CZ 75 clone in 9mm and it is beyond comparison the most accurate and fun to shoot handgun I've ever squeezed off. The fit and finish is phenomenal, takedown is a breeze and they're dirt cheap, he gave $325 for his and then did a trigger upgrade that still kept the total package below $380.

I've never been a 9mm guy, but that gun is such a pleasure to shoot I have to have one.

95_alum

August 04, 2014, 08:29:15 pm #84 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:51:31 pm by 95_alum
Bought a Kahr CM9 last month from Grabagun. The price was $100 less than a used one at the local big box store. Shipping cost was less than a 6-pk of beer. Unbelievable. Customer service was top notch. Pistol arrived 2 days earlier than I expected.
Outstanding CCW pistol. Approx. 296 rounds (115gr., plated RN) have been run through it & not a single malfunction. ZERO. Slide locks back on last round. No magazine disconnect. Fast sight alignment. Recoil is very manageable. The trigger is great. Hot brass ejects between 4-6 ft. away at my 4 o'clock position. I could not be happier.
I highly recommend installing Talon grips (rubber version) as I did.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Albert Einswine on August 04, 2014, 04:31:11 pm

Oh, yeah, got it back in January I think. I like the 3.3, it's plenty accurate and concealable, but I'm gonna be honest, it's not a lot of fun to shoot. After about 4 mags the hand shock sucks. Much prefer shooting the 1911.

But extended shooting sessions isn't really the point of the XDs so it's no biggee, I take it out every so often to check proficiency.

Here's some solid info, my son recently acquired a Canik CZ 75 clone in 9mm and it is beyond comparison the most accurate and fun to shoot handgun I've ever squeezed off. The fit and finish is phenomenal, takedown is a breeze and they're dirt cheap, he gave $325 for his and then did a trigger upgrade that still kept the total package below $380.

I've never been a 9mm guy, but that gun is such a pleasure to shoot I have to have one.
Do yourself a favor and get it.  The CZs are spectacular.  Have a 75 compact that is more pleasant to shoot than most full size guns.  Wonderful guns.

DOGALUM

Love this gun. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Albert Einswine

Quote from: DOGALUM on August 05, 2014, 01:05:45 am
Love this gun. 

Here's the Canik clone of that gun.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Albert Einswine on August 05, 2014, 07:21:58 am

Cool looking little gun.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Albert Einswine on August 05, 2014, 07:21:58 am
WOW!    It's like Cliff and Chris Paul.

I love it.  The steel frame adds a littlt weight that some wouldn't like when carrying, but nothing bad at all.....the weight makes a ton of difference when you're pushing lead through though.   

Great gun Albert

Albert Einswine

Quote from: DOGALUM on August 05, 2014, 11:17:01 am
WOW!    It's like Cliff and Chris Paul.

I love it.  The steel frame adds a littlt weight that some wouldn't like when carrying, but nothing bad at all.....the weight makes a ton of difference when you're pushing lead through though.   

Great gun Albert

My son has the Canik S-120 which is the full size clone, it's a phenomenal piece!

kibster

Quote from: DOGALUM on August 05, 2014, 01:05:45 am
Love this gun. 

That is a phenomenal gun.  I had never shot the compact 75 until the other day.  I was surprised how similar it was to my full-size SP-01 Shadow. 

kibster

DOGALUM

Quote from: kibster on August 06, 2014, 11:30:07 pm

My SP-01 Accu-Shadow
Beautiful gun.   They shoot like a dream don't they? 

kibster

Quote from: DOGALUM on August 06, 2014, 11:33:23 pm
Beautiful gun.   They shoot like a dream don't they? 

Yep.  I had a custom SP-01 shadow for competition for a while, but recently upgraded to the accu-shadow in the photo.

The platform is so great.  The more you shoot them, the smoother they get.  I put around 400 rounds down range today practicing.

kibster

This is the above gun in action:

Hogs run wild

Love my CZ too. Theres a guy in conway that shoots for CZ. Matt mink. Did a transfer for me.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

kibster

Quote from: Hogs run wild on August 16, 2014, 10:27:58 am
Love my CZ too. Theres a guy in conway that shoots for CZ. Matt mink. Did a transfer for me.

Yeah, I shoot with mink (should be shooting with him tomorrow). He did all the work on my CZs.

DOGALUM

Didn't want to start a different thread....figured you guys are all gun guys anyway.....I am looking hard for a bolt action 6mm.  Anybody have a lead on one...PM me.  Thanks in advance!

kodiakisland

Anyone got or shot a colt 1911 CQBP?  Too big for CC use, but I'm planning to buy one for my son's 21st birthday.  Just wondering how well they shoot.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/