Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burn It - They Deserve What They Get

Started by thefisher, January 13, 2017, 11:25:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thefisher

Leopards never change their spots.  Some of us have been saying that Louisville will go up in flames.  CBP is dirty ... so is Louisville.  They may be going up in total flames ... as in death penalty.

From the article ....

QuoteKentucky governor puts Louisville at risk of losing its accreditation .......  the university, which has contended with a series of controversies surrounding its finances, sports program, board and president...... set off alarms for the school's accrediting agency, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools....... If the university remains on probation for two successive years, it will lose accreditation. .... Not only would that mean the end of Louisville's participation in the federal student aid program, it also could disqualify the university from membership in the NCAA...... For much of the past year, Louisville has been enveloped in scandal.

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!!!

Article in Full:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/01/13/kentucky-governor-puts-louisville-at-risk-of-losing-accreditation/?utm_term=.63246d13f115

For any that may wonder how this is related to the University of Arkansas ..... this is the clear differential in how Jeff Long and CBB run the show as opposed to how CBP & Louisville run the show.

I hope Louisville loses it's accreditation this next year and ceases to function as viable university.
Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.
The next great motorcycle wreck for CBP .... I helped a University lose its NCAA accreditation!

Bwaaahaaaaaa!!!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

PorkRinds

azhog10

thefisher

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 13, 2017, 11:26:37 am
It won't happen.
You may be right.  I can dream though.

Bigger realistic issue ... recruiting to Louisville is DEAD!

It was already headed down and out ... but imagine the other coaches recruiting head to head with Louisville for a recruit. They walk into a living room to speak with a parent.  They have this article in hand and show it to the parent. What parent is sending their top recruit to this dumpster fire?!?!?!  Louisville recruiting is done and over!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

IndianaHog

Tusks

Quote from: thefisher on January 13, 2017, 11:31:19 am
You may be right.  I can dream though.

Bigger realistic issue ... recruiting to Louisville is DEAD!

It was already headed down and out ... but imagine the other coaches recruiting head to head with Louisville for a recruit. They walk into a living room to speak with a parent.  They have this article in hand and show it to the parent. What parent is sending their top recruit to this dumpster fire?!?!?!  Louisville recruiting is done and over!

overreact much?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dwight_K_Shrute

It won't happen.

Nor should it.  If it gets to that point I feel sorry for the kids that attend the university and people that have worked hard to get a degree there.  That would be a catastrophic move not only for students and alums, but also the thousands of people that work there and all surrounding businesses. 

Before it gets to that point, governor should step in and take control.  Remove whoever needs to be removed from the president on down and get the university back in shape.  If that means deemphasizing athletics while that takes place, fine.  If that happens hopefully Jurich will be the first to go.  He brought back BP not only after the scandal here but basically after he bolted on them the first time.  Then to put up with all the Pitino scandals.  Should want better from your coaches/leaders regardless of their name or W/L record.  Enabling Jurich to make those moves reflects on the overall leadership of the university so it's not too surprising this is the shape they are in.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The Boar War

Quote from: thefisher on January 13, 2017, 11:25:33 am
The next great motorcycle wreck for CBP .... I helped a University lose its NCAA accreditation!

How?

Wisco Pig

Bwaaahaaaaaa!!!

The linked article doesn't even mention Petrino and the problem was created by the governor, not Petrino or anyone in Louisville's football program.   What am I missing here?

younghog

GO HOGS

Hogarusa

Hogville loves starting threads on former coaches
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

NaturalStateReb

It won't happen.

No, it won't.  Tanking a major state university's accreditation would basically be political suicide.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

KY Hog Man

Leopards never change their spots.  Some of us have been saying that Louisville will go up in flames.  CBP is dirty ... so is Louisville.  They may be going up in total flames ... as in death penalty.

From the article ....

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!!!

Article in Full:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/01/13/kentucky-governor-puts-louisville-at-risk-of-losing-accreditation/?utm_term=.63246d13f115

For any that may wonder how this is related to the University of Arkansas ..... this is the clear differential in how Jeff Long and CBB run the show as opposed to how CBP & Louisville run the show.

I hope Louisville loses it's accreditation this next year and ceases to function as viable university.

Bwaaahaaaaaa!!!

That's what can happens when you elect a businessman to run a state. You get a Governor who thinks he is the "law" and can do anything he wants.

GuvHog

From the article ....

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!!!

Article in Full:

Bwaaahaaaaaa!!!

There is no relation to the U of A and your hatred of BP is ridiculous.

Nice try though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Big Boi

This being out there will hurt recruiting in all sports. I doubt it happens tho.

Next1_04

Quote from: GuvHog on January 13, 2017, 12:04:08 pm
There is no relation to the U of A and your hatred of BP is ridiculous.

Nice try though.
[/quote

Not defending anyone here but it is really hard to like a man who set our football program back for years because of his own arrogance and selfishness. I thought what he did on the football was phenomenal just like the next guy but come on. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Next1_04 on January 13, 2017, 12:12:08 pm

Not defending anyone here but it is really hard to like a man who set our football program back for years because of his own arrogance and selfishness. I thought what he did on the football was phenomenal just like the next guy but come on. 

He didn't set the Hog football program back, Jeff Long did that. The instant he over reacted and terminated BP, the football program became his responsibility and the whole debacle is squarely in his lap.

PorkRinds

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 13, 2017, 12:00:27 pm
No, it won't.  Tanking a major state university's accreditation would basically be political suicide.

Exactly. It's a bit like the situation at lsu last season saying they may have to cancel the football team. It's just politicians playing politics.

Redhogs

Quote from: IndianaHog on January 13, 2017, 11:33:35 am
Geez the obsession with CBP is crazy
^THIS^. It's almost psychotic, he's been gone 5 freaking years now. We've got major problems with this program that need to be fixed.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

EastexHawg

From the article ....

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!!!

Article in Full:

Bwaaahaaaaaa!!!

Did you even read the article?  "...this is the clear differential in how Jeff Long and CBB run the show as opposed to how CBP & Louisville run the show."  This has nothing to do with Petrino.  They are in danger of losing accreditation because the GOVERNOR OF KENTUCKY basically fired the university president and the entire Board of Trustees.  That is not allowable according to SACS. 

It has nothing to do with the football team.  As in...zero, zilch, nada, nothing.

Good grief, just when I think the level of stupidity on this board can't get any worse...

Next1_04

Quote from: GuvHog on January 13, 2017, 12:16:16 pm
He didn't set the Hog football program back, Jeff Long did that. The instant he over reacted and terminated BP, the football program became his responsibility and the whole debacle is squarely in his lap.

I suppose you are right. All depends on what one's moral compass it. We see where yours is.

For the record firing a guy for an affair is one thing. Firing a guy who had an affair with a woman who he then hired over multiple other candidates on his staff, purchased her a car with university $...well now that's a different story.

longpig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 11:53:22 am
Nor should it.  If it gets to that point I feel sorry for the kids that attend the university and people that have worked hard to get a degree there.  That would be a catastrophic move not only for students and alums, but also the thousands of people that work there and all surrounding businesses. 

Before it gets to that point, governor should step in and take control.  Remove whoever needs to be removed from the president on down and get the university back in shape.  If that means deemphasizing athletics while that takes place, fine.  If that happens hopefully Jurich will be the first to go.  He brought back BP not only after the scandal here but basically after he bolted on them the first time.  Then to put up with all the Pitino scandals.  Should want better from your coaches/leaders regardless of their name or W/L record.  Enabling Jurich to make those moves reflects on the overall leadership of the university so it's not too surprising this is the shape they are in.

Exactly. This sort of thing being a career killer for the select responsible few is one thing but there's nothing pretty about the collateral damage. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

thefisher

Quote from: Redhogs on January 13, 2017, 12:18:54 pm
^THIS^. It's almost psychotic, he's been gone 5 freaking years now. We've got major problems with this program that need to be fixed.

Fortunately for the Hogs probation, scandal, and headlines discussing the potential loss of accreditation are not among them.  The Hogs totality of , "major problems" ,in your words, are how to win another 2-3 games each year.  That's it. That's all.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Next1_04 on January 13, 2017, 12:20:59 pm
I suppose you are right. All depends on what one's moral compass it. We see where yours is.

For the record firing a guy for an affair is one thing. Firing a guy who had an affair with a woman who he then hired over multiple other candidates on his staff, purchased her a car with university $...well now that's a different story.

Another poster who keeps up with current and non-current events with incredible attention to detail...

The people Petrino "hired over" weren't on his staff.  And, more importantly, he didn't "purchase her a car with university $".  He gave her his own money.

Other than that, everything you said is 100% accurate. 

GuvHog

(A) He didn't hire her, Long did.

(B) The money he gave her came from his private bank account, not the University.

When an AD terminates a head coach, he automatically assumes responsibility for whatever happens with that program from that point on. The football debacle rests squarely in Jeff Long's lap.

HamSammich

From the article ....

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!!!

Article in Full:

Bwaaahaaaaaa!!!

As stable  and level headed opening post I've ever seen. You came across objective and precise.

Next1_04

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 13, 2017, 12:25:14 pm
Another poster who keeps up with current and non-current events with incredible attention to detail...

The people Petrino "hired over" weren't on his staff.  And, more importantly, he didn't "purchase her a car with university $".  He gave her his own money.

Other than that, everything you said is 100% accurate. 

I gotcha. Well at least he was on the Atlanta Falcons payroll at the time of the incident, so that's good. Granted it was "his" money to spend it how he saw fit, just so happens he saw fit to spend "not the universities" money on a vehicle for his mistress. I shouldn't have even commented on the post. I feel like a Hilary supporter complaining about why she should be president. HA

Redhogs

Quote from: thefisher on January 13, 2017, 12:24:00 pm
Fortunately for the Hogs probation, scandal, and headlines discussing the potential loss of accreditation are not among them.  The Hogs totality of , "major problems" ,in your words, are how to win another 2-3 games each year.  That's it. That's all.
You are right, except after 4 full years now, Bert has not shown he can do that. That's it, that's all. In a year with all his players and an admittedly down year in the SEC, he record and level of play regressed. No need to rehash the whole season again, but there are warning signs everywhere.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

EastexHawg

Long and BB would have fired the governor and saved the day.  That's just how #uncommon they are.

Torqued pork

From the article ....

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!!!

Article in Full:

Bwaaahaaaaaa!!!
First there was your thread blaming Petrino for the Louisville players getting shot at a party and now this. You are unhinged.

FraggleHog

Quote from: younghog on January 13, 2017, 11:56:35 am
HOGS ONLY

Funny... the HV website display on my monitor must be screwed up. The "Global Moderator" title on your profile isn't showing up. I've gotta get that checked out.

Get off your high horse...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

PonderinHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 13, 2017, 12:47:06 pm
Funny... the HV website display on my monitor must be screwed up. The "Global Moderator" title on your profile isn't showing up. I've gotta get that checked out.

Get off your high horse...
hogs only ???

cityhog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 11:53:22 am

Agreed. this is what happens when big time college athletics rules over what is still intended to be an academic institution - albeit to the chagrin of t-shirt fans.

The Boar War

Quote from: GuvHog on January 13, 2017, 12:26:03 pm
(A) He didn't hire her, Long did.

If true (and I believe that he did hire her on Petrino's recommendation) how does he skate by on this?

cityhog

Quote from: The Boar War on January 13, 2017, 01:14:46 pm
If true (and I believe that he did hire her on Petrino's recommendation) how does he skate by on this?

I've wondered this for a loooooong time.

thefisher

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 13, 2017, 12:40:29 pm
First there was your thread blaming Petrino for the Louisville players getting shot at a party and now this. You are unhinged.

Actually ... what I did in each case was attempt to draw attention to the fact that recruiting destruction happens everywhere CBP goes.  Steve Spurrier spoke on how it was CBP's recruiting dive that was the key element for getting Kragthorpe fired at Louisville.

My real intention was to show how much better Arkansas recruiting is under a nationally highly respected Athletic Director and head coach that makes stability and character core issues for a player.

Where will a parent want to send their kid ...... where parties are happening that the players are shot up at, the team is caught with a stolen playbook and scandalized on national TV, where the school is under sanctions with newspapers discussing the possibility of actually shutting the University down ......  or will they prefer to lean toward a place where the kids are graduating, have rising gpa's, have had virtually no discipline issues, and have a history of getting a fair number of players into the NFL?

That's a no brainer. 

A school like Arkansas has immense geographic recruiting challenges that just go with the territory.  They can not afford the kind of crap that CBP brings and the destruction it brings to recruiting. 

Some don't see it that way .... they would still prefer to have CBP as a coach even if it did bring scandal, humiliation, and sanctions.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Wisco Pig on January 13, 2017, 11:54:53 am
The linked article doesn't even mention Petrino and the problem was created by the governor, not Petrino or anyone in Louisville's football program.   What am I missing here?

Nothing.

This is created by the governor.  The governor is liable to be impeached over this...

GuvHog

Quote from: thefisher on January 13, 2017, 01:22:14 pm
Actually ... what I did in each case was attempt to draw attention to the fact that recruiting destruction happens everywhere CBP goes.  Steve Spurrier spoke on how it was CBP's recruiting dive that was the key element for getting Kragthorpe fired at Louisville.

My real intention was to show how much better Arkansas recruiting is under a nationally highly respected Athletic Director and head coach that makes stability and character core issues for a player.

Where will a parent want to send their kid ...... where parties are happening that the players are shot up at, the team is caught with a stolen playbook and scandalized on national TV, where the school is under sanctions with newspapers discussing the possibility of actually shutting the University down ......  or will they prefer to lean toward a place where the kids are graduating, have rising gpa's, have had virtually no discipline issues, and have a history of getting a fair number of players into the NFL?

That's a no brainer. 

A school like Arkansas has immense geographic recruiting challenges that just go with the territory.  They can not afford the kind of crap that CBP brings and the destruction it brings to recruiting. 

Some don't see it that way .... they would still prefer to have CBP as a coach even if it did bring scandal, humiliation, and sanctions.

That is pure BS. Not one time during Petrino's 4 years at Arkansas was that program ever in danger of an NCAA investigation or sanctions. The guy had off of the field issues but the Hog football program was clean. Stop with the lies man.

EastexHawg

The story you linked and ballyhooed has nothing to do with recruiting.  Zero.  It has to do with the Governor of Kentucky removing the president and board at Louisville.  That's it.  That's the story.  SACS put Louisville on probation because of the governor's actions.  They didn't threaten to remove accreditation over a football playbook.  To try to link the two is idiocy.

harrisburghog

Petrino did not purchase her car with university money, that's documented in Long's notes.
Petrino did not hire her, Long did, documented in university records.
The affair had ended before she was hired,  documented in Long's notes.
Documented in Long's notes and university records is Petrino reccomending Tiffany Fields for the job.

It continues to amaze me the amount of incorrect information put out there when this subject is brought up.

Pig in the Pokey

I'm sorry, this isn't even correct. He definitely didnt have to fire her and no 'big lawsuit' was coming up, either. If it were, why did it never happen? was a piddly ass lil claim anyway.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

That's a no brainer. 

How cute. You think that parents decide where the grown man goes to play football. Maybe a few white kids.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: harrisburghog on January 13, 2017, 02:29:12 pm
Petrino did not purchase her car with university money, that's documented in Long's notes.
Documented in Long's notes and university records is Petrino reccomending Tiffany Fields for the job.

It continues to amaze me the amount of incorrect information put out there when this subject is brought up.
They dont care about the facts of the case. they just want to pretend they are better than the rest of us and so is JL; how dare we criticise him! They love to call us 'immoral' because we say the truth about Jeff Long. They make up stories of legal trouble and say things like 'he had no choice'. Sheep will sheep.
@Slackaveli

Matt Burks

Quote from: harrisburghog on January 13, 2017, 02:29:12 pm

If the affair ended before she was hired, what was she doing on the back of Petrino's motorcycle that crazy April Fools Day?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Matt Burks on January 13, 2017, 02:44:16 pm
If the affair ended before she was hired, what was she doing on the back of Petrino's motorcycle that crazy April Fools Day?
Yes, someone please answer this.

GuvHog

Quote from: Matt Burks on January 13, 2017, 02:44:16 pm

There are differing stories as to what actually happened that day.

There is Jeff Long's official version which you already know.

Another version that has been told is that Jessica's boyfriend (now husband) attacked BP in front of the Broyles complex. BP got away from him, jumped on his motorcycle, and sped off. Jessica's boyfriend then forced her into his car and sped off after BP finally running him off of the road. He then jumped out of his car, pulled Jessica out, yelled at BP "If you want her, you can have her!", shoved her down on top of BP and drove off.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 13, 2017, 02:35:41 pm
How cute. You think that parents decide where the grown man goes to play football. Maybe a few white kids.

Ha ha...classic HV. Knowing nothing, but still spouting opinion as fact. Final decision is the KID's, but parents play a HUGE roll. We've seen this first hand going both ways many times. Kids LOVING Arkansas but going where the parents want them too, or Arkansas KIDs staying home because of proximity to parents.

Fact is...parents play a HUGE role in these decisions...with the exception of a few who really just don't care.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Next1_04

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: GuvHog on January 13, 2017, 03:06:12 pm
There are differing stories as to what actually happened that day.

There is Jeff Long's official version which you already know.

Another version that has been told is that Jessica's boyfriend (now husband) attacked BP in front of the Broyles complex. BP got away from him, jumped on his motorcycle, and sped off. Jessica's boyfriend then forced her into his car and sped off after BP finally running him off of the road. He then jumped out of his car, pulled Jessica out, yelled at BP "If you want her, you can have her!", shoved her down on top of BP and drove off.

My gosh...is today February 2nd?

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PonderinHog