Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to the college football national champions...

Started by NuttinItUp, January 07, 2017, 03:46:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 07, 2017, 03:46:02 pm
James Madison defeats Youngstown State to win the FCS national championship.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-01-07/james-madison-wins-fcs-national-championship-28-14-victory-vs

24-team playoff > 4-team playoff
i hope D1 gets there some day. 24 team would be awesome. all the 9+ win teams pretty much would be in the race, althought the officiating would be gawdawful.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 07, 2017, 03:52:09 pm
i hope D1 gets there some day. 24 team would be awesome. all the 9+ win teams pretty much would be in the race, althought the officiating would be gawdawful.

Maybe just 16. I could deal with that.

Inhogswetrust

Great! Always glad when Jim Tressel's team gets beat!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

For those wanting a similar playoff are you willing to give up a regurgitation season game and all the bowls?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rljjr

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 05:55:07 pm
For those wanting a similar playoff are you willing to give up a regurgitation season game and all the bowls?

True. If that's the case we wouldn't have made the NCAA tourney in a while.

The Great Hambino

Yes.

TrueBlue

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 07, 2017, 05:04:44 pm
Four.  It's all you need.

It's ALL YOU NEED!     

And this paddle ball game.....

+1 on The Jerk reference!

NuttinItUp

If top 24 made the playoffs, I would be willing to give up all the other stuff, mainly because Arkansas would likely be in at least 3 out of every 5 years.

LRRandy

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 07, 2017, 06:22:48 pm
If top 24 made the playoffs, I would be willing to give up all the other stuff, mainly because Arkansas would likely be in at least 3 out of every 5 years.
curious. Wha polls are you seeing that have had the hogs ranked in the top 24 three of the last five years?
This is fun, isn't it.

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

NuttinItUp

Quote from: LRRandy on January 07, 2017, 06:40:02 pm
curious. Wha polls are you seeing that have had the hogs ranked in the top 24 three of the last five years?

Not saying the last 5 years. Just saying around 50-60% of the time overall.

The Hawg Marshal

I'd be happy to give up that regurgitation game against Mizzou.

Ben

Yep
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Sow Lancelot

Most bowls have been made irrelevant anyway. Maybe I'm just getting old but I had no desire to watch any bowl games this year other than the Hogs and the Bama game.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

ChicoHog

I grew up near Youngstown and had many friends who went there so I was rooting for them.  James Madison was definitely the better team.  They deserved to win. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 07, 2017, 09:54:55 pm
I grew up near Youngstown and had many friends who went there so I was rooting for them.  James Madison was definitely the better team.  They deserved to win. 

You need a better set of friends....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Sho Nuff

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 07, 2017, 05:04:44 pm
Four.  It's all you need.

It's ALL YOU NEED!     

And this paddle ball game.....
And this ashtray, and the remote control....

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

jgphillips3

Considering that both the Football Championhip Subdivision and the Football Bowl Subdivision both now have playoff championships, can we get back to 1A and 1AA or something else that makes more sense?  Along with the Legends and Leaders crap the Big 10 initially went with, that's one of my more hated division terminology changes of recent years.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 08, 2017, 07:33:52 am
You need a better set of friends....................................
I found them at the U of A after high school!