Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chip Kelley

Started by twistitup, January 04, 2017, 03:09:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Chip K is ready to jump back into college football, we need a new coach....I've got a good feeling.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18405581/former-san-francisco-49ers-coach-chip-kelly-rule-anything-out
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

It's just you. Chip hates recruiting, he'd do well here.

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 03:11:01 pm

bingo
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 03:11:01 pm

Bielema loves recruiting - look at us...

Do you think Saban loves recruiting?

Kevin

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2017, 03:13:18 pm
Bielema loves recruiting - look at us....

where we will always be, unless they cheat big time
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Razorbackers

ricepig

So, you think recruiting is where it is because of a lack of effort?

hog of steele

Does he want in enough to pay us 15 million to coach here? Because that is the only way this works out.

Razorbackers

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 03:16:44 pm

Rzbakfromwaybak

Doesn't really matter if he loves it or not......he certainly gets it done.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

hogsanity

recruiting is where it is because of where the school is.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

twistitup

I said CBB loves recruiting...his effort is there. That is the problem - where are the 'on field' results?

twistitup

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 04, 2017, 03:26:09 pm
Doesn't really matter if he loves it or not......he certainly gets it done.

Exactly

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2017, 03:28:33 pm
I said CBB loves recruiting...his effort is there. That is the problem - where are the 'on field' results?
Ok, I didn't read it that way..........never mind..........

Captain Hogthrob

Quote from: hog of steele on January 04, 2017, 03:18:31 pm
Does he want in enough to pay us 15 million to coach here? Because that is the only way this works out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Redhogs

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2017, 03:09:28 pm
Chip K is ready to jump back into college football, we need a new coach....I've got a good feeling.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18405581/former-san-francisco-49ers-coach-chip-kelly-rule-anything-out
Chip for Bert? Yea, like that's gonna happen. Sweet dream though. :D :D
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

twistitup

I think Chip looking around for a college job should make a lot of coaches worry

Gonzo

Yes, it's just you..........uh, what was the question again?

Go Hogs!

TX HOG

Don't the position coaches do the bulk of the recruiting?

ricepig

Quote from: TX HOG on January 04, 2017, 05:35:51 pm
Don't the position coaches do the bulk of the recruiting?

They do more than the HC, but he's suppose to be the closer.

hog of steele

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2017, 05:29:54 pm
I think Chip looking around for a college job should make a lot of coaches worry

LSU absolutely should have hired Chip. Orgeron will fail and that is fine with me. But Chip would have killed it at LSU.

TX HOG

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 05:39:21 pm
They do more than the HC, but he's suppose to be the closer.

Right. That's what I thought. So I assume it's believed that he's not a good "closer"

PonderinHog

buldozer

KennyForAD

Its not you, Twist.  Its the weed.

Hoggish1

I might be for it only if it's a dual appointment:  AD and HFC... Otherwise fogedaboudit because Jeffy would screw it up...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hog of steele on January 04, 2017, 05:41:01 pm
LSU absolutely should have hired Chip. Orgeron will fail and that is fine with me. But Chip would have killed it at LSU.

Chip had a job at the time and I believe he wanted to keep it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 04, 2017, 06:51:14 pm
Its not you, Twist.  Its the weed.

Chip likes the medicine too...Kenny. The recent vote is one reason Chip would consider us an option, I thought you knew

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2017, 05:29:54 pm

Yep and if he doesn't land one this year there will be a whole lot of guys looking over their shoulder next year.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 04, 2017, 03:15:25 pm
We need a new coach?
Yes, we do...We need a coach whi can coach a team to play 4 quarters...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

a0ashle

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 04, 2017, 07:19:26 pm
Yes, we do...We need a coach whi can coach a team to play 4 quarters...

Like the guy we had in 2014 and 2015

pfrg999

Chip was wearing a Red tie and was eating a bar B que sandwich... and reportedly said WOO this PIG sandwich is hot..  See.. just a matter of time... Time for the Chip watch.. where is the plane number...  8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

twistitup

http://fansided.com/2016/12/31/5-potential-jobs-chip-kelly/amp/4/

Wow...this is Interesting
Arkansas Razorbacks

SEC, West

"While he has never coached in the Southeastern United States before, Kelly has to consider the Arkansas Razorbacks job should it open in 2018. Current Razorbacks head coach Bret Bielema might be on the hottest seat of all in the Power 5.

With the way his Arkansas team choked away the Belk Bowl to the Virginia Tech Hokies, it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world for the university to fire Bielema and hire Kelly immediately. This is the same SEC school that hired away Bobby Petrino from the Atlanta Falcons back in December 2007.

Kelly could go into Fayetteville and be one of the best coaches in the SEC instantaneously. He'd get to challenge Nick Saban annually in the SEC West and could build an up-tempo offense in the SEC that would make Gus Malzahn's Auburn Tigers team look like it is treading molasses going upstream.

Arkansas is not a blue-blood because of a lack of in-state talent. However, the Arkansas job is a solid second-tier program that can be a national power with the right head coach in place. Kelly would make Arkansas a 10-win team annually in the SEC West and therefore College Football Playoff caliber. It's a great fit for him schematically, but maybe not so much culturally. The SEC is a different animal and the Ozark State is not the Pacific Northwest."

onebadrubi

Quote from: hog of steele on January 04, 2017, 05:41:01 pm

Chip at LSU would have made Saban go see Urban Meyers heart doctor.

LZH

Long would never consider CK. Anyone really think all those kids went to Oregon because of his recruiting prowess?

Long's not gonna turn a blind eye.....not THAT much, anyway.

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

twistitup

Quote from: LZH on January 04, 2017, 08:14:29 pm
Long would never consider CK. Anyone really think all those kids went to Oregon because of his recruiting prowess?

Are you staying what I think you are staying? Oregon was an attractive program because of W's and Nike- let's not throw up any 'smoke screens'

BadHog

Quote from: LZH on January 04, 2017, 08:14:29 pm

Long turns a blind eye when it's convenient or in his self interest
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

twistitup

Chip and Ark is like fried crappie and cormeal

Match made in SEC heaven

LZH

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2017, 08:19:44 pm
Are you staying what I think you are staying? Oregon was an attractive program because of W's and Nike- let's not throw up any 'smoke screens'

Phil Knight provided more than just uniforms and shoes. Of you don't believe that then I don't know what to tell ya.

hawgmasta

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2017, 08:22:25 pm
Chip and Ark is like fried crappie and cormeal

Match made in SEC heaven

I like how that's put. I'll have seconds.

IMABIELEMA

ND & Auburn might go after him as well.

Justagp

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2017, 08:01:15 pm

Arkansas Razorbacks

SEC, West

"While he has never coached in the Southeastern United States before, Kelly has to consider the Arkansas Razorbacks job should it open in 2018. Current Razorbacks head coach Bret Bielema might be on the hottest seat of all in the Power 5.

With the way his Arkansas team choked away the Belk Bowl to the Virginia Tech Hokies, it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world for the university to fire Bielema and hire Kelly immediately. This is the same SEC school that hired away Bobby Petrino from the Atlanta Falcons back in December 2007.

Kelly could go into Fayetteville and be one of the best coaches in the SEC instantaneously. He'd get to challenge Nick Saban annually in the SEC West and could build an up-tempo offense in the SEC that would make Gus Malzahn's Auburn Tigers team look like it is treading molasses going upstream.

Arkansas is not a blue-blood because of a lack of in-state talent. However, the Arkansas job is a solid second-tier program that can be a national power with the right head coach in place. Kelly would make Arkansas a 10-win team annually in the SEC West and therefore College Football Playoff caliber. It's a great fit for him schematically, but maybe not so much culturally. The SEC is a different animal and the Ozark State is not the Pacific Northwest."
I like the way you think! Maybe if we all start visualizing this collectively, we can make it happen!  :razorback:

kp72204

I like the name but i don't think he could win here. I believe our offense can do well here if the defense was half way decent. What would it take for a stellar to good enough defense to really happen.

LZH

Quote from: kp72204 on January 04, 2017, 08:42:51 pm
I like the name but i don't think he could win here. I believe our offense can do well here if the defense was half way decent. What would it take for a stellar to good enough defense to really happen.

Oh I think he could win here, but has everyone forgotten how he pulled a Pete Carroll and bolted for the NFL right as sanctions were coming down.....with him personally being implicated by some investigators?

Has everyone forgotten the $25,000 the kid from Texas got?

He'd win here, but we'd have to be like Auburn and Ole Miss and constantly keep our fingers crossed.

BTW, I am not saying I wouldn't hire him, I am saying Long wouldn't hire him. Take that however you will LOL.

HamSammich

Bahahahhahahahaha It's you bra.... it's you....

Inhogswetrust

Arkansas Razorbacks

SEC, West

Some young blog writer fan from Georgia wrote that. I'd give about 1% credibility to anything he wrote. Especially calling Arkansas the "Ozark" state. Thats like calling Georgia the Appalachian State or Atlantic coast beach state.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Redhogs

Arkansas Razorbacks

SEC, West

Oh c'mon man, nobody can win here, Bert's the best we can do. You need to read Hogville, we are still building something special.  ;) ;)

Redhogs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 05, 2017, 12:05:12 am
Some young blog writer fan from Georgia wrote that. I'd give about 1% credibility to anything he wrote. Especially calling Arkansas the "Ozark" state. Thats like calling Georgia the Appalachian State or Atlantic coast beach state.
And yet we are in the Ozarks...wish more Hog fans thought more like this guy regarding the potential of the program. It takes an outsider to see that which is sad. Instead of the Ozarks, how about the land of the "settlers".