Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Claeys fired at Minnesota

Started by ricepig, January 03, 2017, 04:32:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Supporting boycotting players gets another one. Maybe they want an old Big 10 coach?

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/816409026368040960

Piggfoot

He's to rotund to be Arkansas' coach. Because of his girth he obviously can't coach or recruit.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 03, 2017, 04:44:52 pm
He's to rotund to be Arkansas' coach. Because of his girth he obviously can't coach or recruit.
truth right there. how can you claim discipline, have your players be accountable, and eat like a nasty pig?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Dwight_K_Shrute

Good was stupid of him to side with the players.  Be nice for a change for a coach to show real leadership and tell them what's what.  There might not have been enough evidence to charge those players but that doesn't mean they weren't guilty or following a code of conduct expected of them.

Plus the dude just looked like the typical bus driver peedophile.  He was kind of creepy, will probably end up dressing up like a clown and doing kids birthdays.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Scott7703

Maybe they'll come calling our way.

Arkansas Fan

Maybe they'll take Bielema off our hands.

ricepig

younghog

GO HOGS

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2017, 04:54:36 pm
You think we'd wave the buyout?

Jeff Long doesn't think there's a problem going on at all.

ricepig

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on January 03, 2017, 04:56:44 pm

I wouldn't put it that way, I'd say he still believes in his head coach, not exactly the same.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2017, 05:01:13 pm
I wouldn't put it that way, I'd say he still believes in his head coach, not exactly the same.

He has to or he'll look like an idiot, and hopefully his job is on the line.

BR

PJ Fleck to Minnesota if I were them
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: BR on January 03, 2017, 05:04:03 pm
PJ Fleck to Minnesota if I were them

Or, would PJ be like, "ehhhh Minnesotaaaaaaaa, why couldn't it be someone else"?

Destin2bAhog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 03, 2017, 04:50:44 pm
Good was stupid of him to side with the players.  Be nice for a change for a coach to show real leadership and tell them what's what.  There might not have been enough evidence to charge those players but that doesn't mean they weren't guilty or following a code of conduct expected of them.

Plus the dude just looked like the typical bus driver peedophile.  He was kind of creepy, will probably end up dressing up like a clown and doing kids birthdays.

You mean sided with the players  kind of like our weak WBB coach sided with his players. 

Boarcephus

Quote from: Destin2bAhog on January 03, 2017, 05:31:17 pm
You mean sided with the players  kind of like our weak WBB coach sided with his players. 

So far you've had 3 HC's side with their players, 2 against their bosses and one probably just because he didn't know what else to do.  2 lost their jobs and I think the jury is still out on the third. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Ironhawg

Fleck should think long and hard about stepping into that situation. 

JackJohnson

Tusks

god I hope there's pig farms in minnesota
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

iseeredpeople

If they hire PH Fleck then Western Michigan should hire Bielema. Then at least all of his assistants can go home.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Fleck can do better even if it's next year.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hoggish1

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2017, 04:54:36 pm
You think we'd wave the buyout?

All $2 million of it?  Wouldn't be a problem.

Hogwild

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 03, 2017, 06:49:26 pm
Fleck can do better even if it's next year.

I agree, they are going to lose a lot of players (at minimum 10), and recruiting has taken a major hit (dead last in the Big 10) and that's before this announcement. How many of those 3 stars out of LA & TX are they going to keep?  They will have to overpay for whomever they hire.

Fleck got his start at Northern Illinois, Claeys was the DC there.

hawgon

They need a proven Big 10 winner up there.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 03, 2017, 06:53:40 pm
Who is this WE?

It would be the University of Arkansas, try to keep up........

Wildhog

Wonder if Enos would be a candidate for that job?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JackJohnson

Hawghiggs

ur

LSU DC on the list. That would help.

ricepig

RME

The Boar War

Quote from: ur on January 03, 2017, 07:56:48 pm

Maybe they'd be interested in our dc.

deedster84

Enos or Rhoads could be candidates for the Minnesota job.

HOGINTENNESSEE

JackJohnson

Quote from: The Boar War on January 03, 2017, 08:07:21 pm
Maybe they'd be interested in our dc.

If they were smart they would do whatever it took to get the dynamic package deal of Bert, Anderson, Robb Smith, Segrest and Hargreaves.  They would destroy the B1G with that kind of coaching talent and could build it the right way and build it to last and by the year 2025 could be regularly winning 7 games a year once they clean up that mess they inherit

Hawghiggs

Quote from: deedster84 on January 03, 2017, 08:08:10 pm
Enos or Rhoads could be candidates for the Minnesota job.

Please take both. The only way we will get a new coach is if the house is burning down.

colbs

Quote from: ur on January 03, 2017, 07:56:48 pm
That would be great if they hired him.

moses_007

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on January 03, 2017, 04:56:44 pm
No, he's perfectly content with 7-6 records and 3-5 in the SEC.

WilsonHog

Claeys owned the post-firing:

"'I won't be up here freezing my ass off, so y'all enjoy the winter.' MN Gophers FB coach Tracy Claeys to our camera after being fired."

JackJohnson

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 03, 2017, 08:21:24 pm
Claeys owned the post-firing:

"'I won't be up here freezing my ass off, so y'all enjoy the winter.' MN Gophers FB coach Tracy Claeys to our camera after being fired."

Definitely similar to Petrino- their AD needs a nice guy like Bert to get the fans excited again!

On second thought...maybe they want a 2 for 1 and take long as well?  Sounds like that entire program can use an injection of some integrity

Fatty McGee

Was right to side with the players.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

tophawg19

yep but that will hurt him when looking for another job. didn't they make a bowl this year and win it ? some Ad's don't put up with a coach throwing them under the bus .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hoggish1

That Santa is a midget next to him...

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Destin2bAhog on January 03, 2017, 05:31:17 pm

The player's sided with African American feelings towards police brutality....In doing that they were called Coons, Porch Monkey's and everything else Arkansas good ole boys could think of.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ChicoHog

Quote from: moses_007 on January 03, 2017, 08:16:11 pm
No, he's perfectly content with 7-6 records and 3-5 in the SEC.
I don't think any of us are content with that including the AD, players, fans, coaches and BOT.  Just because it happened doesn't mean he is happy with it.  You think A&M AD is happy with 8-5?  Mississippi AD happy with 5-7? ND AD happy with 4-8?   No, but it's reality. 

hobhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 03, 2017, 08:37:08 pm
The player's sided with African American feelings towards police brutality....In doing that they were called Coons, Porch Monkey's and everything else Arkansas good ole boys could think of.

Link?

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 03, 2017, 08:30:31 pm
yep but that will hurt him when looking for another job. didn't they make a bowl this year and win it ? some Ad's don't put up with a coach throwing them under the bus .

9-4, beat the Pirate and WSU.

Augustus

Quote from: hawgon on January 03, 2017, 06:57:56 pm
All $2 million of it?  Wouldn't be a problem.

Right, the buyout isn't an issue.  It's could Minnesota pony up to lure Bret & Family away from $4Mil/year and 10+ Mil if we fire him.

Minnesota was paying Claeys $1.4 Mil, and there's no way Bret would leave for that (nor would Jen let him).

If Minnesota offered Bret $4 Million, that's more than that would be the 5th highest salary in the B1G (higher than Nebraska).  I don't see Minnesota having the bankroll.

SemperHawg

You can disagree with what he was siding with his players about all you want, but what real choice did he have.  In this day in age in recruiting you can't be the coach that doesn't side with your players on certain issues.  His administration put him in a terrible position.

Just like some one brought up with Jimmy, he may very well vehemently disagree with kneeling for the anthem but if he ever wants another 17 year old African American female basketball player to come play for him again he had better be out there front and center supporting his players.  Recruiting is the lifeblood of any successful D-1 program right now.  You gotta go along to get along.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 03, 2017, 08:24:31 pm
Was right to side with the players.

This was not police actions against African Americans, this was sexual assault. This is a serious issue in sports today.

Claeys was VERY wrong in blindly supporting his players. When the players actually found out the extensive details, they quickly changed their minds and made Claeys look stupid. 

I guess in your opinion, Stoops was right in defending Mixon? SMDH!