Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Musburger needs to go

Started by Qui Gon Jinn, January 02, 2017, 08:47:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 09:37:31 pm
That punch may have changed her life for the better, might thank him publicly in the future.

After the bowl game I've seen a lot of stupid comments.  I've seen people say that Brett's going to be hired by Buffalo and that we'll somehow end up with anyone from Venables to Chip Kelly for our head coach.  But this beats them all.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 09:56:05 pm
What did you grow up seeing your daddy do when your mamma insulted him then slapped the piss out of him? 
You funny. 

longpig

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 09:57:18 pm
Hopefully protected his mamma. Not look at it, and repeat it 10 years later.

You'd pretend like you didn't see it and be praying you weren't next is what you'd do.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on January 02, 2017, 09:56:26 pm
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/01/sugar_bowl_watch_brent_musburg.html

Twitter blowing up.

Stoops and OU giving him this stage deserve the criticism.  Should be earning his way at SWOK St. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 10:00:56 pm
You'd pretend like you didn't see it and be praying you weren't next is what you'd do.
You're lost.

Hogs958

You know what men who hit women are? Cowards.

Get out of here trying to justify what he did.

Qui Gon Jinn

Doesn't excuse it.  Never has and never will.  If OU would have cut him and he went to a Jr. College, he would have come back somewhere else just like Cam Newton.  Everyone would have "felt" better about it.  People could have said he "paid a price".  That's the point I was making.  This isn't a "nothing to see here, move along" situation.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Qui Gon Jinn

Yahoo sports article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brent-musberger-poorly-handles-discussion-about-oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon-035738312.html

Twitter continues to discuss.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Brent%20Musburger&src=tyah

Hog Solo

Not you Qui Gon, but I've never been more upset about our fans until tonight, well maybe just one, but this crap is terrible.

Porked Tongue

She pushed him with two hands in the chest.
He came at her quickly and she slapped him.
He coldcocked her.

res ipsa loquitur

Hog Solo

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 02, 2017, 10:20:18 pm
She pushed him with two hands in the chest.
He came at her quickly and she slapped him.
He coldcocked her.

res ipsa loquitur

Don't make me google Latin at 1024.

Hogs958

He just addressed everyone being mad.

Qui Gon Jinn

Terrible apology Musburger.  Terrible!

"I root for people that get a 2nd chance."  He's clueless!   :puke:

The Boar War

Apparently Musburger read his twitter account

David†

alohawg

Bret lecturing us on Mixon.....yeah, go away.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hollywood870

Musburger going off on y'all! He's had it with ya! lol

Atlhogfan1

OU and Stoops should have never presented this scenario for Mus to screw up.  They deserve the anger and criticism.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hog Solo

Holy crap, did anyone hear that crap??

Hogs958

3kgthog

Dang. Mushherder sounded a little upset with his critics as he just fellated Mixon again.

ballz2thewall

he just did it again. dude gonna teach wit dat vid.
The rest of the frog.

Porked Tongue

That was brutal. 

To paraphrase "Dammit, I'm sorry.  Wait, no I don't.  Wait, what's the over again? "

David†

I hope twitter goes double crazy

Qui Gon Jinn

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 10:28:12 pm
OU and Stoops should have never presented this scenario for Mus to screw up.  They deserve the anger and criticism.
No doubt.  BM should have prepped better.

I think the fallout is not done in Norman.

The Boar War

Well, at least he didn't say "Mixon wasn't able to punch it in".

Hog Solo

Holy hell is this musbergers swan song?  You really want to go out this way?

Atlhogfan1

He done.  Fitting end too that OU ends it the way he has fawned over Stoops and OU since his abc days.   

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 02, 2017, 10:29:01 pm
Dang. Mushherder sounded a little upset with his critics as he just fellated Mixon again.

He did sound indignant didn't he.  But dang it Mixon has a lot to teach us with that video.

Hogs958

oh man and Mixon just scored. Brent is about to climax.

The Boar War

Wow.  All those people pushing Mixon on the sideline.  He hasn't decked one of them yet.

#overcomingadversity

Hogs958

Quote from: The Boar War on January 02, 2017, 10:33:01 pm
Wow.  All those people pushing Mixon on the sideline.  He hasn't decked one of them yet.

#overcomingadversity

courage

Qui Gon Jinn

Clay Travis:

Brent Musburger just attempted to walk back his Joe Mixon comments and was just as bad the second time.

elksnort

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 02, 2017, 10:28:09 pm
Musburger going off on y'all! He's had it with ya! lol
haha I was thinking the same thing

Porked Tongue

Maybe he can apologize about his apology.  #3rdtry

alohawg

A half decent throw there is an easy 6.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

elksnort

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on January 02, 2017, 10:34:27 pm
Clay Travis:

Brent Musburger just attempted to walk back his Joe Mixon comments and was just as bad the second time.
don't you wish we could all watch Clay Travis in  his life, then judge him.
He's a smart-ass prick

Porked Tongue

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2017, 10:36:37 pm
He's a smart-ass prick
I ignore him religiously.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2017, 10:36:37 pm
He's a smart-ass prick

Yeah, I realize not many like him, but I was surprised he commented at all.  However, this time he was spot on.  He didn't apologize, he doubled down.

The Boar War

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on January 02, 2017, 10:34:27 pm
Clay Travis:

Yeah.  I imagine someone from ESPN first tried to get him to walk it back during halftime.  He sounded like someone who had been told what he needed to do several times.  Wonder who finally got through to him?

elksnort

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 09:37:31 pm
Young woman  was drunk when it happened early afternoon, a  flunkie with outstanding warrants for not appearing in court for alcohol and drug related citations and said who knows what to him and slapped him.  And you don't know where he comes from, he may have grown up seeing male family hit female family all the time.  Let the young  man have a life and prove himself.  That punch may have changed her life for the better, might thank him publicly in the future.
pitiful, stupid and ignorant.

Hogs958

I also love how Palmer didn't touch it with a 20 foot pole

Hog Solo

Oklahoma and Musberger deserve to be flogged.

Atlhogfan1

Stoops has an obsession with the SEC. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 02, 2017, 09:14:28 pm
My deal is, why even comment on it?  Better to just leave it alone during play-by-play.
He had to because it was brought up by the director.  It's a hot button topic so he pretty much had to discuss it.  Palmer smartly kept quiet but Musberger had to say something since he is the play by play guy.  Not his fault.  Just the way it is in broadcasting. 

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on January 02, 2017, 09:39:31 pm
That almost made my stomach turn. I actually had to rewind it to hear it again. Sheesh. Remind of the classic Musburger call several years ago— "He was DENIED the Heisman..." (Sorry to say I can't remember who the criminal was that Brent was talking about.)

I hate to take attention away from the discussion of Musburger and Mixon, because that's been solid gold. But to answer your question...

Peter Warrick—Florida State.

Here's the story. During Warrick's senior season at Florida State, he was arrested for grand theft at a Dillards. He was considered the frontrunner for the Heisman. Following the arrest, Florida State suspended Warrick for two games...at the end of the season, because of the bad publicity, Warrick was not invited to New York.

I remember watching the bowl game when Brent said that. Brent clearly has a soft spot for the talented, rehab-ready hoodlum.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

David†

How is it not his fault? The producers told him to say what he said? Then come back and double down after the backlash?