Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Musburger needs to go

Started by Qui Gon Jinn, January 02, 2017, 08:47:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snizzzo

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 09:46:43 pm

Norman local news.

So, you're telling me that in Norman, OK, victims' pasts are painstakingly investigated so they can be used to defame them publicly and justify deplorable behavior of those beloved Sooners.  Got it. 

BigSexyHog

Only ESPN and Oklahoma find it acceptable for a player to knock out a women.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Justifiable Hogicide

Musberger should have prepared a better comment, he knew it was coming.
Stoops oozes sleaze with every pore.

Kevin

he should have kept his mouth shut
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

26.2Hog

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 09:51:36 pm
No he didn't.  In an online video that isn't available now,  he walked in, ordered, and then was called over by her.

Video not available?  Think again, genius.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/12/video_showing_oklahoma_rb_joe.html

lasthog

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 02, 2017, 10:30:51 pm
Holy hell is this musbergers swan song?  You really want to go out this way?

Jimmy the Greek ( "African-Americans were bred...for sports")Howard Cossell, ("That little monkey") Brent Musberger,  (I am not very smart, insensitive about violence toward women, and ya'll can cram it if you don't like it.") all fell on their sword.

BM only one that defended his words.

NaturalStateReb

Mixon comments aside, I always thought Musburger was a baffling hire for SEC Network. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Atlhogfan1

OU should be getting the criticism and it should be unrelenting.

Most universities have codes of conduct.  Haven't researched deeply into this.  Did the university decide not to do anything to Mixon?  This wasn't Mixon's only incident at OU. 

Stoops' job should have been in jeopardy.  His comments since the tape came out have made it worse.  Instead his qb and rb went back at the crowd last night with gestures.  He just gave a big middle finger last night playing Mixon. 

OU fans - I would hope I wouldn't do as they did in joyously cheering for him if our university(which I don't believe it would) would allow a Mixon situation.

Last night's game was between two of the biggest cheaters in college football history.  And the Mixon situation made it even worse.  OU alumni should be embarrassed.  Don't expect tshirt fans to be sophisticated enough to be.  But the university, students and alumni should be.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 03, 2017, 09:26:42 am
Mixon comments aside, I always thought Musburger was a baffling hire for SEC Network.

Probably was to be his riding off into retirement gig.  Guess retirement time is here.

I do find it fitting OU caused this with Musburger.  In the early 2000s, he was the voice of those OU-Texas games where his hyperbole was sickening.  One season he questioned if OU was the best team in college football history while broadcasting one of their games.  The OU team which was embarrassed by USC.  He has long been a fanboy of Stoops and OU.  And that caused his judgment to fail in this case.

Felt bad for Jesse although he could have said "seeing Mixon on the field isn't right and OU mishandled the situation".  Wouldn't have been strong enough.  But would have been something. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

riccoar

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 02, 2017, 09:47:01 pm
Seriously?  This should be ban worthy.  Don't care what happened in the parking lot, no guy should hit a girl period.  But from the video he should've been kicked off the team. Her jaw had to be wired shut from that, she was defenseless.  What else do you need to go on?
You should read the responses from the "my daddy didn't raise no punk" POS's in this thread then:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=623237.0

Apparently women sometimes deserve it.

acey33

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 09:56:05 pm
What did you grow up seeing your daddy do when your mamma insulted him then slapped the piss out of him?

Wow it seems like something you have done in your past since you keep makinf excuses for his actions...She was Drunk remember (your comment) and that slap really hurt the POS

RazorNick

I agree. Since when can you look at a punk and say "he's improved his grades, practices hard, so it's obvious he isn't a sissy that's hitting girls"............

greasy_corner

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 10:00:56 pm
You'd pretend like you didn't see it and be praying you weren't next is what you'd do.

Is that what you did?  Coward.  Don't spread that crap on here.

Hogarusa

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 09:37:31 pm
Young woman  was drunk when it happened early afternoon, a  flunkie with outstanding warrants for not appearing in court for alcohol and drug related citations and said who knows what to him and slapped him.  And you don't know where he comes from, he may have grown up seeing male family hit female family all the time.  Let the young  man have a life and prove himself.  That punch may have changed her life for the better, might thank him publicly in the future.

Really awful post

Was an odd speech by Musberger but i dont expect much else. We live in a society that protects athletes and hold them to a different standard. Needs to change, dont believe we are close
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Dr. Starcs

The pc police will be after his job, if they aren't already.

Fwiw, I think he is waaayyy past being a good announcer.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: The Boar War on January 02, 2017, 10:33:01 pm

Wow.  All those people pushing Mixon on the sideline.  He hasn't decked one of them yet.

#overcomingadversity

Well, Mixon probably knows him limitations....doesn't try to deck men
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: longpig on January 02, 2017, 09:37:31 pm
Young woman  was drunk when it happened early afternoon, a  flunkie with outstanding warrants for not appearing in court for alcohol and drug related citations and said who knows what to him and slapped him. And you don't know where he comes from, he may have grown up seeing male family hit female family all the time.  Let the young  man have a life and prove himself.  That punch may have changed her life for the better, might thank him publicly in the future.

This post really tells quite a bit about you as a person. It's sad to see someone that has this much trouble, detecting right from wrong.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Jackrabbit Hog

I've never really been a Musburger fan.  He started at CBS with Irv Cross, Phyllis George (yowsahh!!) and Jimmy the Greek back in the early '70s, and I wasn't a fan then.  But he has had staying power, for whatever reason.

My take is that he knows he's getting close to the end and he just doesn't care anymore what people think.  So he makes it a point to say whatever's on his mind, almost daring ABC/ESPN to reprimand or fire him.  I think that's what led to his comments about McCarron's girlfriend, and to a certain extent why he gave the curious take on the Mixon situation.  If they do end up firing him, I think he'll just flip 'em the bird on his way out the door.

He's the anti Keith Jackson.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 04, 2017, 04:37:22 pm
Well, Mixon probably knows him limitations....doesn't try to deck men

excellent
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 02, 2017, 08:51:31 pm
Agreed.

I mean they acted as if Mixon was suicidal.

If drafted, I hope that girl is waiting to sue.

And that would be fitting.