Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Penn State is back. Love those classic, hard nosed,

Started by Hollywood870, January 02, 2017, 06:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

Non- CUSA looking Uniforms. Like a businessman wearing a nice traditional suit to a meeting, because he means business. Instead of dressing up all gimmicky in a clown suit. Throw the A you guys.

Bubba's Bruisers

Urban finally getting some Big10 competition...in Spades.  What's the O/U on the date of his next medical condition? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hollywood870

Best dressed we've ever been. Including the black shoes. Adidas. Because they don't punk your athletic director out and dress you up in their latest fashions like Nike.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 02, 2017, 06:56:35 pm
Non- CUSA looking Uniforms. Like a businessman wearing a nice traditional suit to a meeting, because he means business. Instead of dressing up all gimmicky in a clown suit. Throw the A you guys.

Will edit:  Your last sentence was very unnecessary.

How is our uniform a clown suit?  We've not come close to selling out as some have with the uniforms. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogs958

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 02, 2017, 07:04:43 pm
Best dressed we've ever been. Including the black shoes. Adidas. Because they don't punk your athletic director out and dress you up in their latest fashions like Nike.

Agree. Wish we'd go back to the classic look.

elksnort

I very much agree I also like the fact that neither team has two names on the back of the uniforms

BigE_23

I know this is a uniform thread...but we went after Franklin in 2012 and a lot of people on here didn't want him.

elksnort

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 07:09:59 pm
F U How is our uniform a clown suit?  We've not come close to selling out as some have with the uniforms. 
you must be drinking because you're usually much more rational than this or perhaps less angry

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2017, 07:12:20 pm
I very much agree I also like the fact that neither team has two names on the back of the uniforms

Part of what makes college football what it is.  The tradition.  Good matchup for uniforms.

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2017, 07:13:30 pm
you must be drinking because you're usually much more rational than this or perhaps less angry

Not today.  What is rational about the OP taking unnecessary shots?  "Throw the A" 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 02, 2017, 07:04:43 pm

You're an idiot.  The AD picks which uniform manufacturer that gives the best cash incentive...  Which is his number one thing under his job description, profit

Dr. Starcs

This game is pissing me off.
Over 3 hours in and still in the 3rd quarter.

Doubt we see the first quarter of the Sugar bowl unless they delay the start.

hogcard1964

F U How is our uniform a clown suit?  We've not come close to selling out as some have with the uniforms.

The anthracite was an embarrassment.

Atlhogfan1

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 02, 2017, 07:16:31 pm
This game is pissing me off.
Over 3 hours in and still in the 3rd quarter.

Doubt we see the first quarter of the Sugar bowl unless they delay the start.

They will delay it some then kick it to another channel.

Hogs958

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 02, 2017, 07:15:18 pm
You're an idiot.  The AD picks which uniform manufacturer that gives the best cash incentive...  Which is his number one thing under his job description, profit

Bama, Michigan, Penn State, and others haven't changed.

Go with the classic. We don't need the money. We have a stadium expansion going on after averaging 7 wins the past few years. I am sure they think it helps recruiting...it doesn't.

Youngsta71701

Hell, USC's middle linebacker #35 is slower than Brooks Ellis. Now the excuse making has to stop. It's not lack of talent people it's scheme. Let me repeat, it's scheme.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hollywood870

Or some simple jerseys like this. These jerseys say "I'm not here to be fancy, I'm here to smash your a$$." Rough, tight, rugged, hard nosed. Like the days of Notre Dame and Chris Zorich. Something y'all don't know anything about.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 07:18:17 pm
Bama, Michigan, Penn State, and others haven't changed.

Go with the classic. We don't need the money. We have a stadium expansion going on after averaging 7 wins the past few years. I am sure they think it helps recruiting...it doesn't.

It was done for recruiting branding as well.  To attract the attention of those who make up most FBS rosters.  The "Oregon" plan for programs without the base or tradition. 

NuttinItUp

elksnort

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 07:14:49 pm
Part of what makes college football what it is.  The tradition.  Good matchup for uniforms.

Not today.  What is rational about the OP taking unnecessary shots?  "Throw the A" 
Yeah, I guess you are right about the A thing. It's just unlike you to drop the F-bomb it seems like more what I would do

Hogs958

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 07:20:43 pm
It was done for recruiting branding as well.  To attract the attention of those who make up most FBS rosters.  The "Oregon" plan for programs without the base or tradition. 

Ya there are arguments both ways. I think Arkansas would brand better with the classic look.

I mean most teams in the SEC pretty much go with the classic look. At the end of the day it probably makes little difference either way. The best branding is winning.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 07:24:23 pm
Ya there are arguments both ways. I think Arkansas would brand better with the classic look.

I mean most teams in the SEC pretty much go with the classic look. At the end of the day it probably makes little difference either way. The best branding is winning.

I lean to your thinking it doesn't help recruiting that much.  May draw initial interest. 

elksnort

The Boar War

Quote from: BigE_23 on January 02, 2017, 07:12:37 pm
I know this is a uniform thread...but we went after Franklin in 2012 and a lot of people on here didn't want him.

I'll admit that I was wrong about him.  Seemed way too gimmick oriented at the time.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2017, 07:27:55 pm
oh God please don't we're all having a good time

You realize that was less than 5 years ago, right? Still pretty fresh on everyone's mind, I think.

elksnort

Quote from: The Boar War on January 02, 2017, 07:40:27 pm
I'll admit that I was wrong about him.  Seemed way too gimmick oriented at the time.
it helps to have players in Pennsylvania and surrounding areas still produce some pretty good football players particularly that damn running back

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 02, 2017, 07:16:41 pm
The anthracite was an embarrassment.
you are an embarrassment, anthracite is awesome

and PSU should have been in the playoffs over OSU who didn't even win thier conference then proceeded to get skunked.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hollywood870

Another one youngsters may not know about. They say his son is playing soccer at Harding. About the same size as his daddy around 5'9 220 and built. Was told Barry wouldn't let him play football. But anyway, this particular uniform Mr. Foster is sporting screams "Get in my way if you want to, but it's gonna be like Mary Poppins trying to tackle a Mack truck."

elksnort

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 02, 2017, 07:44:12 pm
You realize that was less than 5 years ago, right? Still pretty fresh on everyone's mind, I think.
Heck, you type what you want. Just a really sad and tragic situation. I was just enjoying the game and the uniform talk

hogcard1964

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2017, 07:44:29 pm
it helps to have players in Pennsylvania and surrounding areas still produce some pretty good football players particularly that damn running back

Yea but they're such a despicable and filthy program.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2017, 07:46:49 pm
Heck, you type what you want. Just a really sad and tragic situation. I was just enjoying the game and the uniform talk

Very sad and tragic indeed.

Enjoy the uniform talk..

elksnort

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 02, 2017, 07:47:15 pm
Yea but they're such a despicable and filthy program.
I believe they cleaned house so I'm not going to hold them culpable for this now. But I know not to argue with you

elksnort

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 02, 2017, 07:46:14 pm
Another one youngsters may not know about. They say his son is playing soccer at Harding. About the same size as his daddy around 5'9 220 and built. Was told Barry wouldn't let him play football. But anyway, this particular uniform Mr. Foster is sporting screams "Get in my way if you want to, but it's gonna be like Mary Poppins trying to tackle a Mack truck."
Barry Foster was one of the great Arkansas running backs that many people forget about. He did real well for Pittsburgh Steelers and then all the sudden said the hell with it

hogcard1964

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2017, 07:50:21 pm
I believe they cleaned house so I'm not going to hold them culpable for this now. But I know not to argue with you

No arguing.

Hollywood870

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 02, 2017, 07:15:18 pm
All uniforms since Long has been here. All look like ****. And I specifically remember Long taking some of the credit for the Charger bolt uniforms.

The_Iceman

Trade the shoulder stripe or "tusk" for the classic razorback, and I really like our uniforms.

elksnort

Hollywood870

Will edit:  Your last sentence was very unnecessary.

How is our uniform a clown suit?  We've not come close to selling out as some have with the uniforms.
What's that you say?

Hogs958

Stewhog 11

We undoubtedly played our best game of the season in anthracite this year.

I miss that day.