Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville looking sharp

Started by wildhogman, December 31, 2016, 12:36:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhogman

Saw this before, UA vs Bama in 2008 2009 2010 2011. UA vs LSU
Said all along if you have a good D and can play physical and disrupt the timing of that vaunted offense, CBP has no answer

EastexHawg

Quote from: wildhogman on December 31, 2016, 12:36:19 pm
Saw this before, UA vs Bama in 2008 2009 2010 2011. UA vs LSU
Said all along if you have a good D and can play physical and disrupt the timing of that vaunted offense, CBP has no answer

Yeah, we would have curb stomped LSU if we had played them, and our subsequent coaches' results against Bama speak for themselves.

Great thread idea, though.

EastexHawg

But seriously, Louisville does look like crap.  Lamar Jackson has played poorly the last couple of games.  He looks tentative running the ball and is unpolished as a passer.  I think defenses have adjusted to him and at the same time he has lost his confidence.  Maybe the critical turnovers he committed late in the season took away his swagger.

The fact that his right guard couldn't imitate a matador any better if he was using a cape hasn't helped.

Dr. Starcs

Doesn't make what he posted untrue.

Petrinos team looks like crap pretty much the same way we did in our bowl game. Of course, we at least had a lead.

onebadrubi

Lamar Jackson was getting ran down from behind by DEvin white all day.  Also key their DE was able to catch him on a lot of his scrambles. Lamar Jackson did not deserve the heisman and it showed today. Petrino beat up on the not so good teams and couldn't get it done against the real contending teams.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Kinda expected something similar. Louisville was very depleted on defense. As I said before Lamar Jackson is the second best qb on that roster.   Looking forward to seeing what Juwan pass can do when he gets the opportunity.
Let's make some waves.

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 31, 2016, 01:11:33 pm
But seriously, Louisville does look like crap.  Lamar Jackson has played poorly the last couple of games.  He looks tentative running the ball and is unpolished as a passer.  I think defenses have adjusted to him and at the same time he has lost his confidence.  Maybe the critical turnovers he committed late in the season took away his swagger.

The fact that his right guard couldn't imitate a matador any better if he was using a cape hasn't helped.

Louisville's O-Line was garbage late in the year. Maybe all year and it just didn't get exposed until late. Not really sure because I didn't watch them much early on. Houston exposed them badly though. I think they had 11 sacks that game. I kind of expected LSU to do the same.

EastexHawg

Jackson has to improve in executing the passing game.  He may have won the Heisman, but Petrino would be better off with Mallett or Tyler Wilson.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 31, 2016, 07:30:30 pm
Jackson has to improve in executing the passing game.  He may have won the Heisman, but Petrino would be better off with Mallett or Tyler Wilson.

We will see next year.  This will be his junior year coming up.  He didn't get the luxury of sitting and learning the play book like the two you mentioned.  I would say he did a pretty good job this year. Next year could be another heisman for him if he is better in his junior year.  Wins it again next year he might try and win the heisman 3 times.  I doubt he would try though considering he will be a top 5 pick if not the number 1 pick after his junior year if he wins another heisman. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Honestly they never looked right after that Clemson loss. 
Let's make some waves.

KY Hog Man

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 01, 2017, 02:23:27 pm
We will see next year.  This will be his junior year coming up.  He didn't get the luxury of sitting and learning the play book like the two you mentioned.  I would say he did a pretty good job this year. Next year could be another heisman for him if he is better in his junior year.  Wins it again next year he might try and win the heisman 3 times.  I doubt he would try though considering he will be a top 5 pick if not the number 1 pick after his junior year if he wins another heisman. 

He' may be a top pick as a receiver, but not as a QB.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: KY Hog Man on January 03, 2017, 03:27:24 pm
He' may be a top pick as a receiver, but not as a QB.

Really?  What was RG3 picked?(2)  What was Vick picked?(1) He will go as a qb in the first round possibly top 5 depending on how his season is next year.  He wins or gets close to another heisman next year and he will be first overall.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?