Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The other Petrino's Football Team

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, December 22, 2016, 07:46:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Paul Petrino's 8-4 Idaho team looks like it's going to win a bowl game.  The 3rd bowl game they've been to in their history.  Good for Paul. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 22, 2016, 07:46:54 pm
Good for Paul. 
Yes. Nice season. Nice guy too. He has them playing ball tonight.

PorkRinds

I'm sort of shocked. His teams there were pretty terrible for the first few years. Fans hung fliers about firing him and the whole nine.

hog.goblin

Aren't they moving back down to FCS?

It's too bad.  Paul always seemed like a good guy.

ChicoHog

They were horrible his first 2 years, I think 4-7 last year (UF game canceled due to weather) and 8-4 this year.  Pretty good improvement.  They got kicked out of the Sun Belt so they may go back to the FCS where they did ok for years until making the step up.  They probably should go back to playing Montana, Montana st, Eastern Washington, Weber St, etc., like the old Big Sky conference. 

FANONTHEHILL

The starting RG for Idaho is freshman Noah Johnson from Fayetteville.  Playing well tonight.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

factchecker

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 22, 2016, 08:33:07 pm
They were horrible his first 2 years, I think 4-7 last year (UF game canceled due to weather) and 8-4 this year.  Pretty good improvement.  They got kicked out of the Sun Belt so they may go back to the FCS where they did ok for years until making the step up.  They probably should go back to playing Montana, Montana st, Eastern Washington, Weber St, etc., like the old Big Sky conference. 

2013  1–11               
2014   1–10
2015   4–8
2016   9–4

Overall Record: 15–33
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawghiggs

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 22, 2016, 08:19:07 pm
I'm sort of shocked. His teams there were pretty terrible for the first few years. Fans hung fliers about firing him and the whole nine.

I'll defend him a little. When he took the job. Idaho was on probation and had a APR issue. It's been a hard job. Because the school can't afford to pay assistants very much and you have to live in northern Idaho. That's gotta suck.

Sed76

Isn't Paul the jack wagon who cost us the ULM game back in 2012 with his horrible play calling? If so then screw that guy.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

GolfNut57

There is talk that they would like to see about moving to the MWC but apparently their school president has no interest in staying FBS. Obviously going down to FCS is going to make them lose a lot of players because of the reduction in scholarships and I am sure a lot of those current Idaho players have no interest in playing for a FCS school. Not to mention they will have no interest in playing for a school that the president himself doesn't even want in FBS. But I think they have one more year until the change.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 22, 2016, 10:05:34 pm
I'll defend him a little. When he took the job. Idaho was on probation and had a APR issue. It's been a hard job. Because the school can't afford to pay assistants very much and you have to live in northern Idaho. That's gotta suck.
He has turned it around this year at least. Kudos to him for that. That being said northern Idaho is absolutely beautiful! It would not bother me to live there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogs958

should have been the interim instead of pawpaw.

PonderinHog

Good for him!  Forgot that was his team.  Didn't watch.