Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"It felt like a dude hit me"

Started by Hogs958, December 20, 2016, 08:51:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 21, 2016, 01:09:07 am
Dude you are the one that posed..... But we men should just take a beating. I've been on this earth 57 years and I can assure you I have seen many, many men take beatings and none of them were by women. Yeah, I'll call any man lame that is referencing taking "beatings" from a woman. I'll call any man lame ass for not using the least amount of force possible to escape having to break the face of an aggressive attack from a physically inferior woman.

Do whatever you need to think yourself as superior. I don't feel I am superior to any woman but that's just me.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 21, 2016, 01:11:48 am
Do whatever you need to think yourself as superior. I don't feel I am superior to any woman but that's just me.

Well, I would certainly agree with your last statement.

That was meant as a joke.
Retired Radio Host

k.c.hawg

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 21, 2016, 01:07:57 am
http://ncadv.org/files/Domestic%20Violence%20and%20Physical%20Abuse%20NCADV.pdf

INTIMATE PARTNER PHYSICAL ABUSE: 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men is a victim of some
form of physical violence by an intimate partner
during their lifetimes.

I'll post this again since everyone wants to act like this is not a thing. Domestic abuse happens to men too.

I think anyone with half a brain knows this. It has nothing to do with a world class athlete breaking a girls face when he had hundreds of other options. The fact is he is a scumbag that had probably not been properly raised by a man that would have taught him to never, ever punch a woman unless you fear for your life. When confronted with the situation he had not had the proper upbringing to realize what he did was not an option.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 21, 2016, 01:11:48 am

That is obvious. For a man to not fully believe, to know he is physically superior to a woman gives him a built in excuse to use unnecessary force against them. I was raised by a man that taught me I was physically superior to a woman and I would never use force against one unless they were using a weapon against me.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 21, 2016, 01:13:28 am
I think anyone with half a brain knows this. It has nothing to do with a world class athlete breaking a girls face when he had hundreds of other options. The fact is he is a scumbag that had probably not been properly raised by a man that would have taught him to never, ever punch a woman unless you fear for your life. When confronted with the situation he had not had the proper upbringing to realize what he did was not an option.

Yes you are correct he is a scumbag, and in that situation you shouldn't hit a woman. Just walk away. But not everyone is a world class athlete, and not every woman is weaker than a man.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 21, 2016, 01:12:47 am
Well, I would certainly agree with your last statement.

That was meant as a joke.

I got it, just didn't feel like taking the bait.

HoggusMaximus

http://ncadv.org/files/Domestic%20Violence%20and%20Physical%20Abuse%20NCADV.pdf

But everyone's "feelings" are more important that actual facts.

Jimbob111

Quote from: daprospecta on December 20, 2016, 11:26:07 pm
I talked to my wife about this and I told her, the only thing that keeps a man from doing this type of thing to you is an unwritten social contract men have with women.  The second you place your hands on a man, that contract is null and void.  I wouldn't have hit her like this but she pushed him and hit him in the face. Regardless of power, she opened herself up to what happened next. 

My wife and I had the same discussion, although even if she popped me one i'm not going to hit her. But I'd grab her and shake the hell out of her. If you watched the video, she was clearly intoxicated and clearly the aggressor. Until he lunged at her, he looked very relaxed. Then she shoved him and he lunged, then she slapped him and BAM! The thing is, in my experience, a slap hurts much worse than a punch although a punch does a ton more damage.

Some people, like myself, react to pain with aggression. It's immediate.  If I bump my head while working under the sink, immediately my head AND my fist hurt because I respond to pain by lashing out and hitting whatever is closest. It's not something I can control. If I touch a hot stove, my hand immediately jerks away without conscious thought. The same with anything that hurts, whether it's getting stung by a wasp, burning my fingers on something hot, or banging my head in the garage.

In the video, I saw two important things. 1. She hit him first AFTER already shoving him. 2. He IMMEDIATELY hit her. Time his reaction time. It looked like a reflex to me.

I don't think it's okay to hit women but I think she learned a valuable life lesson. Touch not, lest ye be touched. If I EVER put my hands on another person, someone I don't know and have never met, then I do so with the understanding that they may react in a violent manner. Now, Amelia Molitor knows this as well.

And last, if you notice, the news stories all report that he "assaulted" her but none report that she was charged as well and did shove then hit him as well.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

plumbhog

Yeah Nixon is a dirt bag no doubt. But to sit back and say there is no excuse for a man to ever hit a woman is just ignorant. All you have to do is come to pine bluff and look around. I garruntee you their are several in this town that could and would give you the ass whipping of your life if you chose not to defend yourself.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

Pork Twain

First I am a husband and father of two teenaged girls.  I do not think he should have hit her, but are you guys condoning what she did just because she is a woman and can do whatever she wants, without repercussions?  If a man treated Mixon like this would you be ok with how he reacted?  When does it stop being ok for a woman to strike a man and for him to have to do nothing?  We have taught our girls that a man should never hit a woman and if one ever hits them, tell me and I will end him.  We have also taught them that a woman should never hit a man, because once you do, you have agreed to play by different rules.  This whole respect thing goes both ways.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

wildhogman

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 20, 2016, 11:56:00 pm
I had a co-worker ask me one time what he should do about his wife continually getting mad and hitting him. He had been taught not to hit a woman, but this was a situation getting out of hand. I really didn't have a good answer for him. It's changed my perspective a little bit though.
I had a girlfriend like that once upon a time way back when chivilary was alive and well. She could never do any damage to me and I usually ducked or just moved away or left for a while. However one night she caught me in just the right mood. The second swing she took I caught her arm, spun her around and landed her right across my lap where I proceeded to give her a spanking that most mothers would be proud of when dealing with a spoiled child. That was the last time she ever tried that and all it cost her was the embarrassment of a sore posterior. There are ways of dealing with an out of control woman without doing serious harm. Breaking bones in her face? pitiful. In the future some poor woman is goingto have to deal with abuse because he never learned how to treat a woman, in ALL situations

Dr. Starcs

I will never hit a woman first.

Now, some woman attacks me, you better believe I will fight back and I'm sure almost every man on this board would if the woman was violent enough.

Give me a break with this chivalry, masculinity, holier than thou bs.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I dunno what happened prior to so i am just guessing   it appeared he was leaning over the table they were sitting at.  My guess is he was trash talking the dude she was with.  He was probably a little nancy boy afraid to say anything. The chick likely started telling mixon to.f off and go away.   

The dude should have stood uo and confronted Mixon.

That said the punch he threw was way out of line. Turn around and walk away.
Let's make some waves.

gchamblee

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 21, 2016, 12:42:34 am
Wow. I've never realized there were so many men that felt so incapable of stopping the physical threat of a woman with the least amount of force as possible. I really had zero idea until I read this thread. Of course I knew their are millions of so called men that beat women for the many sick reasons they do but I had no idea there were so many tweeners.

ive never hit a woman. however, i haven't been indoctrinated to believe that i forfeit my right to defend myself against a physical attack based on the biological makeup of the aggressor. i am a nonviolent person. i think resorting to violence in a dispute is a sign of weak character. that being said, if you physically assault me, regardless of your gender, i will defend myself with authority and absolute domination if possible. it is not an act i wish to endure more than once from anyone.

gchamblee

Quote from: The Divine Swine on December 21, 2016, 12:42:54 am
Punk coward alert. Really? You are that insecure about your own masculinity that you cannot  let a girl you probably did something to piss off in the first place take out a little innocent frustration on you without retaliation? Sad what men have become. Look, I am not saying women should hit a man, but if she does, so what. Cover up and leave. No excuse for hitting her back.

this has nothing to do with masculinity. id say you are the insecure one if you are so wrapped up in being accepted socially that you would allow yourself to be victimized in order to fit the proper mold of what society thinks a real man is. if you don't want to defend yourself against a physical attack then more power to ya. if two people are in a dispute, and one decides civility is no longer an option, i can play by those rules as well.

jabberjawls

There is a big difference between defending yourself and smashing the jaw of an obviously physically inferior woman.  He wasn't defending himself, he went on the attack.  He had the opportunity to turn and walk away.  He chose to throw a punch, instead.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

PorkRinds

Quote from: HoggusMaximust  on December 21, 2016, 01:09:18 am
But it does mean making it as close as possible. There are biological differences between men and women sure. But the law of the land says when you put your hands on someone you have the right to defend yourself. It doesn't say that you can only defend yourself against a man.

Tell that to Mixon.

HoggusMaximus

What do you mean tell it to mixon. She hit him first, he hit her back. Shes just as guilty as he is.

pigture perfect

Saw on the SPN, where Stoops commentented today that he thought in 2014 a year suspension was harsh enough punishment, but now realizes by today's standards they are not. Did anyone else see that? Does it even matter what CBS says?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HoggusMaximus

Bob stoops is a piece of crap, i put him on the level of hugh freeze.

Pork Twain

December 22, 2016, 05:42:30 am #71 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 08:13:30 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 21, 2016, 11:04:57 pm
What do you mean tell it to mixon. She hit him first, he hit her back. Shes just as guilty as he is.
In law enforcement they have this thing called the "Use of Force Continuum"  You don't shoot a person as your first step and in Mixon's case, you don't punch a girl in the jaw with all you have because she slaps you on the side of the neck.  That would be called excessive force.  After watching this video, while I think women should realize once you strike first, you have opened Pandora's Box, I do not think his actions were justified and that I would like to meet him in a dark alley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_force_continuum

Dillar Dog

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on December 22, 2016, 12:00:35 am
The dude was her gay friend.  Mixon called him the gay slur.  She called him the black one and it went from there.  At least that is what was consistently stated by those that witnessed it.
The problem I have with it is that Mixon pursued them into the restaurant.  Witnesses claimed the beef started at a different location.  So he pursued the conflict.  Then he clearly approached their table and initiated the conversation. He was looking for trouble and was verbally the aggressor.  Although it could have certainly been handled better she was physically fending off his aggressive behavior so the argument that she put her hands on him and learned her lesson is bunk.

Maybe she'll learn it next time then. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 20, 2016, 11:51:47 pm
Anyone that does what Mixon did is a piece of garbage.

Piece of garbage?  Really?  One of the things message boards have taught us is that anyone who disagrees with us is a piece of garbage...and if the discussion is about a crime or uncivil act, especially one that is politically incorrect, probably guilty of doing the exact same thing in his own life.  Enlightening.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 22, 2016, 05:42:30 am
In law enforcement they have this thing called the "Use of Force Continuum"  You don't shoot a person as your first step and in Mixon's case, you don't punch a girl in the jaw with all you have because she slaps you on the side of the neck.  That would be called excessive force.  After watching this video, while I think women should realize once you strike first, you have opened Pandora's Box, I do not think his actions were justified and that I would like to meet him in a dark alley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_force_continuum

No one in a position of authority has claimed his actions were justified.  He was prosecuted.  He was also suspended from the football team for a year.  You can argue about whether the punishment was severe enough, but to claim his actions were excused as justifiable is not true.

hawganatic

Anybody saying what Mixon did was okay is missing the real point here.  Do any of you think he would have been that quick to swing if that was a guy his own size/strength, or would he have backed off, squared up, thought about it, and then MAYBE swung?

He had other options (pushing her down, stepping back, walking away all together) but he chose what he did because he knew there was NO chance of her hurting him back.

This applies whether it was a small guy that couldn't fight back, or a woman.  That is the cowardice in the situation...

PonderinHog

Didn't watch, doesn't the dude look like a lady ???

riccoar

It is NEVER Ok to strike a woman.  NEVER.  I've had a woman hit me closed fist to the face, and she was no twig.  All you have to do is physically restrain her or walk away.  99.9% of the time the female your in that situation with would buckle with a closed hand shot from a male.  "But my daddy didn't raise no punk bitch."  No, but if you hit a woman, your daddy raised a POS.  And I guarantee if any of you had a daughter, and you found out she threw the first punch, not one would say, "Yeah, she definitely had it coming then." 

Pork Twain

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 22, 2016, 09:36:19 am
No one in a position of authority has claimed his actions were justified.  He was prosecuted.  He was also suspended from the football team for a year.  You can argue about whether the punishment was severe enough, but to claim his actions were excused as justifiable is not true.
Totally not what I said.

Hogs33

She should have never slapped/shoved him. He should have controlled his emotions and walked away ( which I get is hard to do but come on, your the bigger dude.) Both parties have blame.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

EastexHawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 22, 2016, 12:29:58 pm
Totally not what I said.

I know it's not.  It obviously wasn't what the prosecutor thought, either, because Mixon was prosecuted.  Throughout this thread, however, there are Don Quixotes fighting the windmill that is (apparently) Mixon being excused of his actions because he is an Oklahoma football player.  I was expounding on the point you made, not accusing you of anything.

Hogs958

She had her jaw wired shut...he's a football player at Oklahoma...I don't understand the she had it coming attitude by some on here. I really hope most guys are better than that.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogs958 on December 23, 2016, 02:20:41 pm
She had her jaw wired shut...he's a football player at Oklahoma...I don't understand the she had it coming attitude by some on here. I really hope most guys are better than that.

I don't think she deserved the punch to the face, but she did deserve to be put in check the way she handled herself before getting hit.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hogs958

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on December 23, 2016, 06:41:07 pm
I don't think she deserved the punch to the face, but she did deserve to be put in check the way she handled herself before getting hit.

It would have just escalated more. Sometimes you have to be a man, and know when to walk away.

No good will come from hitting a woman, and I really don't know what putting them in  check means.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogs958 on December 23, 2016, 06:44:57 pm
It would have just escalated more. Sometimes you have to be a man, and know when to walk away.

No good will come from hitting a woman, and I really don't know what putting them in  check means.

You know exactly what it means. It was extremely disrespectful what she did. She gets the poor ole victim excuse because she got knocked the hell out of because of what she did. Like I said he could have done this differently, but to act as if she is innocent is crazy. The woman should have never got up in his face and then not only push, but then smack him in the face. She did that because she thought she was allowed to. This needs to be a reminder to every woman also. If you get up and smack a person in the face then be ready to get your butt knocked out especially if you have no clue who you are hitting.

HiggiePiggy

Oklahoma's Joe Mixon tearfully apologizes for punching woman (from @AP) http://bigstory.ap.org/6bbde0b78d754d2eaf2ee2b90103d8b2

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HiggiePiggy

Actually the lawyers holding this back until now was more for his future in the NFL. Had they let this out early he wouldn't have ever played for a big time school. Now that he has and getting this out now allows him to go into his final year without having to hear about this coming out as a shock when it's draft time.  Will keep him out of the first round probably, but he will get picked up in the first 3 rounds next year. 

DLUXHOG

My late dad always told me...."NEVER hit a woman, girl, female...".  Was wise advice...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

pigture perfect

If you have? Don't do it again. He did, but I think he learned his lesson. Forgiveness is a huge thing.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Inhogswetrust

December 26, 2016, 10:23:37 pm #90 Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:04:55 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: PorkRinds on December 20, 2016, 11:51:47 pm
Anyone that does what Mixon did is a piece of garbage. Anyone thy defends it by saying she hit him first is making excuses for a piece of garbage.  Sure she shouldn't have hit him. But he knocked her out and broke her jaw.

His first mistake was following her into the place. Never a good idea to follow a mad women. That being said he had a right to give her equal rights and shove her and slap her back but not more than that. But if someone shoots at me with a 22 then they will get shot back at with a 40 caliber.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi