Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mixon video released

Started by ricepig, December 16, 2016, 05:53:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calling All Hogs

Glad it is out there for the world to see the true nature of the OU football program.

grayhawg

Just win, David Boren and Bob Stoops who both watched this video should be barred from any college in the country.

OklaU

It really is bad.  Amazing how SAE was wiped off the campus, yet Mixon was suspended.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

hawginbigd1

It is a nasty video, and no excuse for his actions, however he was suspended for a year, ordered to go through counseling, and did community service as part of a plea deal. Glad he isn't here, but the outrage over it now just doesn't make sense to me. 18 year olds do stupid stuff sometimes, his crime is not as bad as some of the DWIs we have forgiven without season long suspensions IMO.

Hogs7672

I didn't realize Zero U had turned into a Tarkanian-like Father Flanagan program. Don't remember Zero U having these issues earlier in Stoops tenure.

a0ashle

If you don't understand the outrage and think this is just "kids do stupid things", you need to do some evaluation of your priorities. To see that video and keep that guy on campus because he can run a football is exactly what's wrong with college sports.

Hogs7672

Florida St dismissed De'Andre Johnson

Oklahoma St dismissed Tyreek Hill

Michigan dismissed Frank Clark

Oklahoma redshirted Joe Mixon

Pigsknuckles

This is the kind of crap that ended the Switzer era. What is it about the Sugar Bowl that always seems...tainted?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

greasy_corner

Quote from: Hogs7672 on December 16, 2016, 06:23:14 pm

and Oklahoma welcomed DGB with open arms.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 16, 2016, 06:17:56 pm
It is a nasty video, and no excuse for his actions, however he was suspended for a year, ordered to go through counseling, and did community service as part of a plea deal. Glad he isn't here, but the outrage over it now just doesn't make sense to me. 18 year olds do stupid stuff sometimes, his crime is not as bad as some of the DWIs we have forgiven without season long suspensions IMO.
Sad that someone actually thinks this way.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

longbore

Mixon needs to be thankful he isn't a white dude that was caught on video knocking the hell out of a black coed. I Wonder what the reaction would be right now if that was the case.

Hogs7672

Football is a privilege not a right. He could easily have been/should have been in jail. 2nd chances when it comes to hitting women? Nope

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 16, 2016, 06:29:17 pm
Sad that someone actually thinks this way.
Yes because nobody should ever be forgiven, I would have had no problem if they tossed him, but they didn't, none of us know the whole story. This young lady was probably ok in a week or two or months, my 26 year old son has to be diapered, fed, medicated, bathed by us every day for the last 25 years, but hey we were just lucky the drunk driver didn't kill us all and he is still with us. So yeah IMO that punch is nowhere near as severe as driving intoxicated.

OklaU

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 16, 2016, 06:24:32 pm
This is the kind of crap that ended the Switzer era. What is it about the Sugar Bowl that always seems...tainted?

I wouldn't think it's close to that.  That was a dumster fire with guns and drugs.  😳
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

grayhawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 16, 2016, 06:47:22 pm
Yes because nobody should ever be forgiven, I would have had no problem if they tossed him, but they didn't, none of us know the whole story. This young lady was probably ok in a week or two or months, my 26 year old son has to be diapered, fed, medicated, bathed by us every day for the last 25 years, but hey we were just lucky the drunk driver didn't kill us all and he is still with us. So yeah IMO that punch is nowhere near as severe as driving intoxicated.
Sorry about your son, but I really doubt thet drunk that hit you did it on purpose

a0ashle

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 16, 2016, 06:47:22 pm

I can empathize with your perspective and DUIs should not be minimized in this argument. 

To me this is now a story about Stoops and his reaction, not about more punishment for Mixon, that ship has sailed.

DeltaHog66

Quote from: a0ashle on December 16, 2016, 06:22:52 pm
If you don't understand the outrage and think this is just "kids do stupid things", you need to do some evaluation of your priorities. To see that video and keep that guy on campus because he can run a football is exactly what's wrong with college sports.

This..  the only way this guy should be playing football is if he's paying his own way. Bob stoops should be ashamed. And Mixon needs his ass whooped by a real man.

DeltaHog66

Quote from: a0ashle on December 16, 2016, 06:22:52 pm

This..  the only way this guy should be playing football is if he's paying his own way. Bob stoops should be ashamed. And Mixon needs his ass whooped by a real man.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: grayhawg on December 16, 2016, 06:57:57 pm
Sorry about your son, but I really doubt thet drunk that hit you did it on purpose
TY and probably true but his poor decisions led to it just the same.

grayhawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 16, 2016, 07:02:36 pm
TY and probably true but his poor decisions led to it just the same.
No argument there, I have no use for drunk drivers.

island hog

Houston sports radio tore Stoops a new one ... Apparently the Mixon video is online.  Based on what they were saying was on the tape, the sports radio dude said that Stoops had seen the video and still let Mixon play.  He was shocked  by what he saw.

husker71

would almost bet this will be on Outside the Lines real soon.   Get ready for the stuff to hit the fan  World has changed in the last few years in all of this sort of thing     OK just doesnt realize it

island hog

My bad. Didn't see the others

daprospecta

Did any of you watch the video? I don't think he should have hit her like that but he was well within his right to. She pushed him and then tried to put her hands around his neck. Once again, shouldn't have hit her but if  you are going by the book, he had the right.

a0ashle

Quote from: daprospecta on December 16, 2016, 07:54:40 pm
Did any of you watch the video? I don't think he should have hit her like that but he was well within his right to. She pushed him and then tried to put her hands around his neck. Once again, shouldn't have hit her but if  you are going by the book, he had the right.

"Well within his rights.." ????

a0ashle

She walked in distressed, which tells me something more happened before. She left that situation and he followed her, that is not an insignificant detail, especially when talking about some weak self defense argument.

EastexHawg

I haven't followed the Mixon case, but wasn't everyone told two years ago that he was suspended for hitting a woman?  If so, why is the video so shocking and cause for additional punishment or heads to roll?  Did people think he didn't actually do it?

a0ashle

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 16, 2016, 08:52:12 pm
I haven't followed the Mixon case, but wasn't everyone told two years ago that he was suspended for hitting a woman?  If so, why is the video so shocking and cause for additional punishment or heads to roll?  Did people think he didn't actually do it?

The abstract was made concrete, it's not a unique phenomenon, we should all be familiar with it by now and can stop asking "why is the video so shocking"

EastexHawg

Quote from: a0ashle on December 16, 2016, 09:04:35 pm
The abstract was made concrete, it's not a unique phenomenon, we should all be familiar with it by now and can stop asking "why is the video so shocking"

I don't find "Joe Mixon punched a woman in the face, breaking bones and requiring surgery" to be abstract.  I've seen punches numerous times and I assume everyone else has, too.  They look like what we see in the video.

It's terrible, but given that we've known what happened for two years the image isn't exactly shocking.

a0ashle

Doesn't change the fact that seeing the act and hearing about it garner two different reactions amongst the public.

clutch

Quote from: a0ashle on December 16, 2016, 09:16:50 pm
Doesn't change the fact that seeing the act and hearing about it garner two different reactions amongst the public.

A lot like the Ray Rice deal. When word first got out it was an issue, but once the video was released it was a huge issue

a0ashle

Quote from: clutch on December 16, 2016, 09:22:15 pm
A lot like the Ray Rice deal. When word first got out it was an issue, but once the video was released it was a huge issue

Ray Rice hasn't played since.

311Hog

holy darn he damn near killed her.  This dude should be in jail.

lakecityhog

I saw the video and Stoops and OU should be ashamed! He hit her like a man would hit another man in a fist fight and then just walked out the door. Absolutely no remorse at all.
The Big 12/NCAA should drop some sort of punishment on OU for that coverup!

GO

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 16, 2016, 10:02:11 pm
I saw the video and Stoops and OU should be ashamed! He hit her like a man would hit another man in a fist fight and then just walked out the door. Absolutely no remorse at all.
The Big 12/NCAA should drop some sort of punishment on OU for that coverup!

Didn't they suspend him for a year?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 16, 2016, 06:17:56 pm
The fact that he was allowed to stay on the football team cannot be justified. The fact that he didn't do serious jail time can not be justified. Wal mart and McDonald's have higher standards than OU football.

Hogs958

will never forgive any man for punching a woman. She had to have her damn jaw wired shut. Anyone who dismisses this as "oh well he made a mistake" is flat wrong. Stoops is also a POS. He watched this video and kept him on the team. I don't give a damn how much community service he did or whatever. His ass should havery been sent packing to D2 or D3. Scum bag.

Hogs958

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 16, 2016, 08:52:12 pm

No one knew she was knocked out and had to have her damn jaw wired shut. Come on. OU tried to just dust it under the rug....but hey he can run fast so it's all good. It amazes me how some people just dismiss this.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hogs958 on December 17, 2016, 12:28:16 am
No one knew she was knocked out and had to have her damn jaw wired shut. Come on. OU tried to just dust it under the rug....but hey he can run fast so it's all good. It amazes me how some people just dismiss this.

I understand your outrage at Mixon, but no one covered anything up.  Mixon was investigated and charged by Norman police.  He entered a plea deal.  I read a story earlier today, written two years ago, stating that she had four broken bones in her face.  Maybe some people are just now finding out about it, but the story wasn't swept under the rug and covered up.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hogs7672 on December 16, 2016, 06:23:14 pm

Saw that tweet too
Go away, batin'

Dr. Starcs

Big game bob part of the people heppin bizness.

southeasthog

Quote from: GO on December 16, 2016, 10:09:24 pm
Didn't they suspend him for a year?

Redshirted so he could get bigger and stronger.

Porcine Coprolite

Combine this with the Minnesota story and you can see the dark side of college sports.  Those ten Minnesota players should have been permanently suspended from the team as soon as their participation in the group sex and/or gang rape become known.  Same for Mixon.  Criminal prosecutions are not the only consideration.  Scholarship athletes are representatives of their school.  When they do things which puts the school in a bad light, they are not fulfilling their part of the bargain.  I would have loved to play college football, but I wasn't good enough to get a scholarship.  I had to pay my way by working any job I could get. Athletes should feel blessed to get a scholarship, instead many feel entitled.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Porcine Coprolite on December 17, 2016, 08:34:11 am
Combine this with the Minnesota story and you can see the dark side of college sports.  Those ten Minnesota players should have been permanently suspended from the team as soon as their participation in the group sex and/or gang rape become known.  Same for Mixon.  Criminal prosecutions are not the only consideration.  Scholarship athletes are representatives of their school.  When they do things which puts the school in a bad light, they are not fulfilling their part of the bargain.  I would have loved to play college football, but I wasn't good enough to get a scholarship.  I had to pay my way by working any job I could get. Athletes should feel blessed to get a scholarship, instead many feel entitled.

In the Minn case the police looked at cell phone vids and the 22 yr old woman was lucid and consenting for sex. They looked at all other evidence and found no grounds to file charges against ANYONE. This Title IX is a bunch of BS. I support the Minn team and hope they elect to not play in their bowl.

a0ashle

Im glad we don't have clouds like this surrounding our program. The pressure to win is causing otherwise good people to make bad decisions like letting this kid stay. You have to have a level headed AD (Long) and a stickler for doing it right (CBB). If you don't then coaches are always worried about their job and they sacrifice values. We as fans are the cause of that pressure, remember that.

a0ashle

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 17, 2016, 09:01:22 am
BS !!! In the Minn case the police looked at cell phone vids and the 22 yr old woman was lucid and consenting for sex. They looked at all other evidence and found no grounds to file charges against ANYONE. This Title IX is a bunch of BS. I support the Minn team and hope they elect to not play in their bowl.

Dude they looked at 90 seconds that the accused showed him, like he was going to show a video of her resisting. It was not some found security tape. There is so much more to Minnesota to unpack, but that's a conversation on consent that HV can't handle.

ThisTeetsTaken

I want to live in a society where a player that harms a woman like this loses his privilege to play again.  Of course, I was raised on the notion that women are different than men and are to be treated differently.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ImHogginIt

Quote from: a0ashle on December 17, 2016, 09:10:23 am
Dude they looked at 90 seconds that the accused showed him, like he was going to show a video of her resisting. It was not some found security tape. There is so much more to Minnesota to unpack, but that's a conversation on consent that HV can't handle.

Dude.... like the police totally looked at all evidence which you know totally like included interviewing all involved and found no evidence to file any type of charges whatsoever. Yet people like you want to convict them on something. Not every accusation women make in this world has merit ya know.  :-*

ricepig

Well, the players capitulated, and the Gophers will play.