Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby being Bobby? Real problem or not?

Started by pingeye2, December 14, 2016, 12:05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 17, 2016, 11:40:45 pm
Outstanding.  A couple of guys who weren't even alive when the 1978 Orange Bowl was played are telling those who were how it really all happened.

I have a feeling that there are very few people that know how it REALLY happened, and none of them are on this message board.

EastexHawg

Quote from: clutch on December 18, 2016, 12:59:43 pm
I have a feeling that there are very few people that know how it REALLY happened, and none of them are on this message board.

I don't think anyone has said he was there and personally witnessed Lacewell handing over information. I said that has always been the story that was told, and not just on TexAgs. 

wildhogman

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 18, 2016, 04:34:34 pm
I don't think anyone has said he was there and personally witnessed Lacewell handing over information. I said that has always been the story that was told, and not just on TexAgs. 
Funny, I was alive and saw that game while in jr high.. all these years I had never heard this stoury rumor, until now. Best kept secret in the BAC?

thefisher

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 18, 2016, 04:34:34 pm

I was alive and saw the game while in Junior High. The OU quarterback (Lott I think?) was the first person I remember wearing a doorag under his helmet.  I thought that was pretty cool.

I never heard anything about Lancewell handing over information.   

If it was being told then why is there no record of it other than on an old Aggie board?  Not one reporter from Oklahoma got ahold of it and put it into print?  Totally unbelievable.  If there was any truth to a story line on it SOME SPORTS WRITER in Oklahoma would have written SOMETHING about it. 

The fact that there does not appear to be ANY RECORD AT ALL in Oklahoma sports writings at the time makes one feel  that there is no chance the story has any truth to it.  It's bs spun in this thread to take the focus off of where it was focused ... CBP pulling crap that once again put his schools recruiting into the dumpster. It's what he does.

This story about Lancewell is purely a red herring to take focus off CBP's continued toxic poisoning of every program he touches.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Hogs958

he should send Joe Mixon a a fruit bouquet for deflecting attention away from Lousiville.

EastexHawg

QuoteOU never saw it coming. The rumors all over Oklahoma after the game was that the OU defensive coordinator, Larry Lacewell, had given Arkansas inside info. and that's why they lost. It couldn't have been because OU got caught with their pants down. Ha! Lacewell and 2 other coaches later resigned after it came out that Barry was pounding his old friend's wife (Lacewell). That sort of stuff didn't make the papers back then.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-134690.html

EastexHawg

Quoteyet he also knows Switzer has one loose screw that has allowed him to "hurt the ones who love him most." Switzer betrayed Lacewell's trust when the two coached at Oklahoma by getting to know Lacewell's wife a little too well.

Maybe "half-crazy" is being a little generous.

Jerry Jones didn't ask Lacewell for an evaluation of Switzer before hiring him. Shortly before the deal was finalized. Jones did give Lacewell the opportunity to veto the move, if his 16-year-old wound hadn't healed enough to again work alongside Switzer. But Lacewell said he'd be OK.

1994-16=1978

http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/1998/march/sports-barry-switzers-crackup/