Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby being Bobby? Real problem or not?

Started by pingeye2, December 14, 2016, 12:05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Heads should roll. If CBP is proven to have been involved or even informed, he should be fired in scandal once again. But I have to wonder why this guy did what he did. Was he upset that the new coach didn't retain him? It would almost have to be something like that.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PorkRinds

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 14, 2016, 12:11:53 pm
Heads should roll. If CBP is proven to have been involved or even informed, he should be fired in scandal once again. But I have to wonder why this guy did what he did. Was he upset that the new coach didn't retain him? It would almost have to be something like that.
Very pissed off guy and he was supplementing that income.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HogShat

Pig in the Pokey

It really is a nutso story. Imagin if Sunshine Rick were giving out our game-plans for years.

wow- "Louisville spokesperson Rocco Gasparro told the Courier-Journal that Petrino "doesn't have a comment (on) what appears to be a Wake Forest issue." Rocco, please: a Wake Forest issue? What?

When Petrino hired his mistress at Arkansas over more qualified candidates, then crashed his motorcycle with her on board and lied about it to his bosses, was that a Harley-Davidson issue?

Petrino apparently cheated to win a game. And it was probably easy to do. When Elrod coached at Wake Forest, he was co-coordinator of the passing game. His other co-coordinator, Lonnie Galloway, now works on Petrino's staff. That sound you hear should be Galloway calling his lawyer."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hog of steele

Meh.

I am no Petrino fan. Long was right to fire him. He made staying here impossible.

But this isn't that big a deal. Its a big deal for Wake. I see this as the kind of cheating any coach would do. A game suspension from the ACC is about what this requires. If you are L'ville you have to be kind of OK with the idea that your coach might get suspended from time to time.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hog of steele on December 14, 2016, 12:27:30 pm
Meh.

I am no Petrino fan. Long was right to fire him. He made staying here impossible.

But this isn't that big a deal. Its a big deal for Wake. I see this as the kind of cheating any coach would do. A game suspension from the ACC is about what this requires. If you are L'ville you have to be kind of OK with the idea that your coach might get suspended from time to time.
yeah, and you'd be part of the crowd who is dismissing this because it's Wake Forrest. If Petrino had used this information to beat Clemson for the Playoff spot, this would be front page stuff. But it's just Wake Forrest, so... that's bull darn. The guy who sold out Wake Forrest is the former OC at Wake. His co-OC? PETRINO'S OC> It is collusion and cheating and at minimum he should be fined. Long would fire his ass but we all know Louisville won't do that with a Heisman QB and a pre-season Top 5 squad coming back.
@Slackaveli

3kgthog

And what about the other teams this guy helped since 2014? Do you want all those programs to fire their coaches, too?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 14, 2016, 12:32:27 pm
And what about the other teams this guy helped since 2014? Do you want all those programs to fire their coaches, too?
most of the other teams said no. currently it's only Louisville who got caught. if there are others, they will be busted too.

The MSM is starting the drum beat. here's one - http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/wake-forest-radio-announcer-details-information-fired-bobby-petrino-louisville-121416

wait until they say he payed for it....

I called it btw. Last second, true, but I said he'd be in a scandal by year 3. Well, it's still year 2. Dude is a serial screw up. Predictable as hell.
Got to give it to him, though, it'll alwayss be a strange story. Jet-gate, Wakie-leaks, Motorcycle-gate. It' always dirty, scummy, and strange.
@Slackaveli

Porcine Coprolite

The radio announcer had access to the team's game plans?  That seems kind of odd.

hog of steele

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 14, 2016, 12:32:26 pm
yeah, and you'd be part of the crowd who is dismissing this because it's Wake Forrest. If Petrino had used this information to beat Clemson for the Playoff spot, this would be front page stuff. But it's just Wake Forrest, so... that's bull darn. The guy who sold out Wake Forrest is the former OC at Wake. His co-OC? PETRINO'S OC> It is collusion and cheating and at minimum he should be fined. Long would fire his ass but we all know Louisville won't do that with a Heisman QB and a pre-season Top 5 squad coming back.

I would dismiss it if it were anybody but arkansas. This is a problem in Wake Forest. They have a leaky office and they need to fix it. The schools that lucked into that info should be punished but this isn't a firing kind of thing. This is more of, "if you aint cheatin you aint tryin."

Wake's lawyers should be ready to sue some folks into bankruptcy. But I wouldn't fire Petrino for this.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MrKnowItAll on December 14, 2016, 12:38:07 pm

pretty much!! Man, it's hilarious. THANK GOD it isn't our school with this darn on our face. Having to cheat to beat Wake Forrest with Lamar friggin Jackson as your QB? C'mon, man!! Just say no, Bobby. Be ethical for once.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

as for Elrod- Good God, man. Sold out your alma mater like that. Dude is a straight up pariah now. He's completely finished. And he has to move.
@Slackaveli

code red

Many coaches were involved you can count on that.  Ethical or unethical no way you can fire a coach for something that is handed to him.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: code red on December 14, 2016, 12:49:09 pm
Many coaches were involved you can count on that.  Ethical or unethical no way you can fire a coach for something that is handed to him.
they all deserve their public shaming and the best they can hope for is just that. they could all be in some serious darn. everybody said briles was safe, too.
@Slackaveli

thefisher

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 14, 2016, 12:14:00 pm
True. Why does scandal always follow this guy?

Shiiite stinks.  CBP is the toxic dog crap pile of college football coaches. His stench permeates everywhere he is at and eventually leaves the program in ruins.  He does it everywhere he goes.  He is a deadly toxic dog turd.

I have been saying again and again that Louisville will be a dumpster fire in 2 more years all because of CBP's toxic poison on the recruiting trail.  Look at the Louisville roster and you will see what I mean. It is loaded this year with guys he did not recruit.  Two more classes and it is over .... just like it was at Louisville the first time he was there and Arkansas when he was fired.  It will take Louisville several years to recover after he is fired. That's excellent.

Think any schools/coaches will be able to use the facts of CBP's Arkansas firing, NCAA investigations into cheating scandals at Louisville, and his players getting gunshot at parties on campus during CBP's watch as a way to convince parents they should send their kids to play football for them rather than CBP & Louisville?

CBP's recruiting is toast.  Watch for current commits to reopen  their recruiting, ditch Louisville, and end up at Kentucky, North Carolina, etc.  Teams that have offers out to CBP's current commits are licking their chops right now ready to snatch away any players of consequence CBP has committed.

Louisville deserves all the dumpster fire destruction they get.  If you hire a narcissistic self righteous lying toxic dog turd a-hole sob as your football coach you deserve to be burned to the ground.  I will enjoy watching it happen.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 14, 2016, 12:51:59 pm
they all deserve their public shaming and the best they can hope for is just that. they could all be in some serious darn. everybody said briles was safe, too.
Comparing this to the crap Briles was a part of is idiotic.

26.2Hog

Quote from: thefisher on December 14, 2016, 12:53:40 pm

Louisville deserves all the dumpster fire destruction they get. If you hire a narcissistic self righteous lying toxic dog turd a-hole sob as your football coach you deserve to be burned to the ground.  I will enjoy watching it happen.

You left out cheating philanderer,  lol

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 14, 2016, 12:55:23 pm
Comparing this to the crap Briles was a part of is idiotic.
hmmmm. not sure how to respond to that because for over a year most of hogville defended him. Anyway, this isn't Petrino's first rodeo.
@Slackaveli

colbs

Is anyone surprised everyone risked getting caught to get the gameplan for Wake Forest?  I mean Clemson or FSU I could understand more but Wake Forest, really?

thefisher

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hog of steele on December 14, 2016, 12:40:13 pm
I would dismiss it if it were anybody but arkansas. This is a problem in Wake Forest. They have a leaky office and they need to fix it. The schools that lucked into that info should be punished but this isn't a firing kind of thing. This is more of, "if you aint cheatin you aint tryin."

Wake's lawyers should be ready to sue some folks into bankruptcy. But I wouldn't fire Petrino for this.
spy-gate in the nfl. what happened to new england?
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Ah, a fresh Petrino scandal. It's been over 4 years!
@Slackaveli

code red

No doubt its not right I am just saying coaches will not be fired....period.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

elksnort

My God, the judgemental lot of you.

Many folks do many things that are not very proper. Including some of you all.

Let it go folks......

younghog

GO HOGS

code red

Quote from: elksnort on December 14, 2016, 01:08:28 pm

Let it go folks......
Agreed in addition its just sports.  As far as I have heard.  The Wake Forest Official documents were found at the stadium.  It will be pretty difficult to prove that the documents were used....by UL....even if they were.  I think this a case of too little investigation and too much journalism.

al_pigcino

Well, it's time for this thread to get moved. 

hobhog

Dammitt Bobby!

Tic toc.....tic toc.....tic toc.....

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

IUHog

hog of steele

Quote from: elksnort on December 14, 2016, 01:08:28 pm

Let it go folks......

There is nothing wrong with having the opinion that cheating is bad. And there is nothing wrong with having the opinion that CBP cheated.

There is something ironic about judging people to be judgmental. But that is another story.

Torqued pork

It's sad that we have to find enjoyment in a former coach's problem(s) instead of the success of the 2016 Hogs.

HamSammich

It's going down. Been following all day. Petrino is about to become more toxic than Briles.

Youngsta71701

He just can seem to avoid controversy can he? Can't stay out of his own way. Smh...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HamSammich

Guys , elrod hit the pick 6 at a race track with mob ties last week. This is going to be UGLY.

Sit back and cruise the web and grab your popcorn.

code red

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 14, 2016, 01:56:51 pm
It's sad that we have to find enjoyment in a former coach's problem(s) instead of the success of the 2016 Hogs.
Success?

gchamblee

Quote from: code red on December 14, 2016, 12:49:09 pm

actually, you can, but only if you have the balls to allow morals to dictate your actions. cheating in a sport that pushes competition and sportsmanship is the best reason to fire a coach. those that were offered the info and refused it are the class of this sport. those that took it are the scumbags that need to be eradicated from college athletics.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 14, 2016, 12:24:58 pm
It really is a nutso story. Imagin if Sunshine Rick were giving out our game-plans for years.

wow- "Louisville spokesperson Rocco Gasparro told the Courier-Journal that Petrino "doesn't have a comment (on) what appears to be a Wake Forest issue." Rocco, please: a Wake Forest issue? What?

When Petrino hired his mistress at Arkansas over more qualified candidates, then crashed his motorcycle with her on board and lied about it to his bosses, was that a Harley-Davidson issue?

Petrino apparently cheated to win a game. And it was probably easy to do. When Elrod coached at Wake Forest, he was co-coordinator of the passing game. His other co-coordinator, Lonnie Galloway, now works on Petrino's staff. That sound you hear should be Galloway calling his lawyer."

No doubt about it. It's as nutso as the Oklahoma people making claims after the Sooners Orange Bowl loss to Arkansas back in the late 70's that Larry Lacewell, their DC, gave the Sooner's game plans to Lou Holtz so that the Hogs would win. Just plain silly.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Silver Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 14, 2016, 12:32:27 pm
you read my mind. they would have to fire many coaches. Maybe we could get one to replace Bret. Maybe we can get Bobby back!

rhog1

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 14, 2016, 01:56:51 pm
I can do both. I can enjoy the Hogs while still loving to see Karma catch up to Bobby Petrino.

rhog1

https://twitter.com/YahooForde?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Louisville AD Tom Jurich is now admitting that their coach Galloway did get a few plays from Elrod that he then gave to the defensive staff but none of the plays were used in the game.

Louisville is trying to minimize the damage now.

Torqued pork

Quote from: code red on December 14, 2016, 02:33:51 pm
Success?
Wildly successful if you believe the drones who are here every day telling us there's no reason an 18 year-old with options would want to attend the UofA and be a Razorback. Just don't forget those of us who think otherwise are the Debbie Downers.

rhog1

Quote from: gchamblee on December 14, 2016, 02:34:05 pm
actually, you can, but only if you have the balls to allow morals to dictate your actions. cheating in a sport that pushes competition and sportsmanship is the best reason to fire a coach. those that were offered the info and refused it are the class of this sport. those that took it are the scumbags that need to be eradicated from college athletics.
I think any coach that was offered and did not accept is still classless. Not one of them in 3 years reported to Wake Forrest or the ACC that Wake had a major leak.

HamSammich

Quote from: rhog1 on December 14, 2016, 02:43:18 pm
https://twitter.com/YahooForde?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Louisville AD Tom Jurich is now admitting that their coach Galloway did get a few plays from Elrod that he then gave to the defensive staff but none of the plays were used in the game.

Louisville is trying to minimize the damage now.

Yep! I love a good train wreck!!! *popcorn*

rhog1

Quote from: HamSammich on December 14, 2016, 03:00:37 pm

Yep! I love a good train wreck!!! *popcorn*
The thread on it is blowing up on the Louisville forum. They are not happy with how bad Jurich's statement makes them look.

wildturkey8

Reminds me of the OU spies Darrell Royal said he caught at Longhorn practices.