Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T. J. Hammonds

Started by whosiskid, February 12, 2015, 05:31:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whosiskid

One player I really hope we extend an offer to is T. J. Hammond from Robinson in LR. The only issue with him seems to be whether he is a running back or a WR. His HUDL profile lists him as 5'11, 195, with a 4.42 forty. He looks splendid in his highlight reel.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1905248/highlights/160102375/v2

He is extremely fast, changes directions as well as any player I've seen in a while, and has great hands. I especially like that he runs low with a good forward lean, yet it doesn't seem to impair him at all shifting from one direction to another. I personally would rather see him at running back, but I could equally see him at WR. You just don't see too many high school running backs with his speed that run low. If he does play WR he'd be one of those guys you run a lot of short patterns for, just to get the ball in his hands to see if he can break it.

If I had to guess, I would bet that Arkansas will indeed offer him at some point and that he will commit. I really love his versatility and his running style. If the team has a weakness right now, it is overall speed. I like Hammonds because he is both fast and runs low, not to mention that shifts directions in the blink of an eye. He hasn't been rated yet, but I have to say that right now most of the Arkansas kids are underrated. I would give him at least an 89 or 90 by 247's scale, but they give Damarea Crockett slightly less than 87, which seems low. But personally, I would prefer offering Hammond to Crockett, if we could only offer one. People keep saying that this or that player reminds them of Joe Adams, but Hammonds really does remind me a lot of Joe, though I think he has better hands than Adams did (which is the main reason he didn't evolve into an NFL player - when they measured hands at the NFL combine, he had some of the smallest hands there, which explains why he didn't make some catches he should have - Jarius Wright, on the other hand, had very large hands, which helps explain some of his spectacular catches).

If Hammonds comes to camp in the summer and plays like he does in the highlight reel, I think he'll go home with an offer.

Oh, and his reel lists that he got a 23 on his ACT, so he sounds like a solid student.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

logand02

His recruitment will blow up. 

bigdaddyhawg

With those measurables and your description it really makes no difference where they recruit him to play.

Get him signed and let the coaches sort it out.

I love kids like this.  Gives flexibility to the 85.  Look forward to hearing more about this kid.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hogberry Snortcake

Looks good.  Looks like a running back.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Impressive highlight reel.  Only thing I see lacking is that 2nd gear, but I think the hogs could use him.  It will be interesting to see if any RB in the state get an offer next year.  I think he'll get one especially with those hands he brings a lot to an offense.

hoofer

I think we will get higher rated RB commits in next class. I think we sign Jordan Jones and another higher rated WR. I hope we sign him as a DB. We need athletes like this in the secondary, especially at safety.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Yeah I think we get at least one stud RB next year

ballinhog

I like his tape a lot. Really hope we offer and he wants to be a hog. Honestly the guy he reminds me most of is Jojo Robinson. Looks real similar to Jojo's tape with the shiftiness and a little power to go with it. Maybe he'll be commit #2 if he gets the offer and I'm sure he will. Also like that he has a 23 on the ACT

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on February 12, 2015, 07:03:05 pm
Looks good.  Looks like a running back.

This... Built low to the ground. I would love to see him run the wheel route too..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tim Harris

I like Hammonds better as a WR and would like to see us offer Crockett at RB.

RyeHogFan

That was the first time I've watched anything on Hammonds. We definitely need to offer this kid. He just has IT! Great balance and shiftiness, decent speed...there's plenty he could do for our offense.

texas tush hog

Hogberry Snortcake

PigDaddyKane

Made some nice moves and seemed to have good hands. 

Other item, Joe T needs a new football surface.  That looked bad.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

jgphillips3

February 13, 2015, 06:18:48 pm #14 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:31:40 pm by jgphillips3
A kid like that could find a spot on our team as "athlete".  His measurables could change and he could wind up a fit for RB, WR, LB, CB or Safety.  We can use Arkansas kids like that unless we are so loaded with four stars in 2016 that there is no room at the inn (and what a nice problem that would be).

Arthur pigby sellers.

Hopefully the new OC will try to throw more to the RB.  TJ would really be an asset as an extra option out of the backfield