Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 11, 2015, 07:55:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue

I didn't know that Popcorn Hog made it to Jimmy Whitt's signing..

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

With offensive lineman Klint Harvey, 6-7, 325 pounds of Corning averaging about 10 points and 9 rebounds in basketball, it's a good sign that someone this big is agile enough to play effective basketball and his bench press shows enough strength for CBH to develop.
Klint may be big enough, agile enough and strong enough for CSP to develop into a future scholarship recipient. Another opportunity for a local (Arkansas) player. Good deal.

" GO HOGS "

Polecat

Was interesting to see the number of high-level basketball recruits coming into the SEC on the info graphic during last night's game. Texas A&M, Auburn, Vandy and of course Kentucky are all in the Top 25 of recruiting. Looks like the talent is getting ready to jump up a notch in the league.
I'm excited about Whitt, but I wish we had a post guy coming in to help ease the inevitable loss of Portis. Even a JC post guy. Hopefully CMA has someone in mind
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

SemperFi

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on February 11, 2015, 09:45:02 am
With offensive lineman Klint Harvey, 6-7, 325 pounds of Corning averaging about 10 points and 9 rebounds in basketball, it's a good sign that someone this big is agile enough to play effective basketball and his bench press shows enough strength for CBH to develop.
Klint may be big enough, agile enough and strong enough for CSP to develop into a future scholarship recipient. Another opportunity for a local (Arkansas) player. Good deal.

" GO HOGS "

Was thinking the exact same thing. The young man is huge and is agile enough to play basketball, which is impressive. Would love to see this young man earn a scholarship one day. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Polecat on February 11, 2015, 10:20:53 am
Was interesting to see the number of high-level basketball recruits coming into the SEC on the info graphic during last night's game. Texas A&M, Auburn, Vandy and of course Kentucky are all in the Top 25 of recruiting. Looks like the talent is getting ready to jump up a notch in the league.
I'm excited about Whitt, but I wish we had a post guy coming in to help ease the inevitable loss of Portis. Even a JC post guy. Hopefully CMA has someone in mind
Agree with needing to add a solid post man to go along with Whitt.
Also not to early to try to put together a top notch class for 2016.  The guy mentioned in the article to go along with Monk and the kid from Van Buren. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 11, 2015, 10:47:11 am

Also not to early to try to put together a top notch class for 2016.  The guy mentioned in the article to go along with Monk and the kid from Van Buren.

agree on all 3 and the PG from Memphis... that would be quite the haul...

outlawhogeywells

You have to sell the same thing that the car salesman at KY is selling.  Playing with very talented players.  Bring in a top five class.  Get these kids to sell it to each other.  That hey lets all go to Ark and make a run.
That is all Cal is doing.  Hey come be part of this great recruiting class and lets make a run. 
If these kids think he is the only guy to make them pro eligilbe they are gullable.  If you are a one and done kid you can do that anywhere.  Cal is not getting you pro ready in the 6, 7, 8 months they are at KY.

hogmolar

Quote from: Polecat on February 11, 2015, 10:20:53 am

With us not really putting a huge effort into finding a replacement for Bobby do you think CMA has been made aware of his future decision?  I for one dont blame Portis for making a move if he feels that is best for him but with us not really trying to find a replacement maybe he has already decided to stay.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 11, 2015, 11:41:43 am
agree on all 3 and the PG from Memphis... that would be quite the haul...

I think Fisher could really take our system to another level. If Monk gets on board official (or unofficial tell other recruits he is coming) it would go along way in making our 16 class special.